Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fenton vs. PRCowboy Challenge

Down to 295 for me, finally have the kind of restriction I needed and am moving downward once again. What has happened to Fenton? He was one of the starters here and no word from him, anybody know?

I haven't been on the board for a while but remember you and others mentioning hitting a wall. Glad to hear the your gettig past it and happy with your loss......

I'm still preband and doing the monitored weight loss exercise but my heart isn't really into it...my insurance changes next week and I hope once I see their requirements I'll get excited again....

Good luck and wish you all continued weight loss....

Hi Guys the new year is here. Time to exercise, drink are Water, count and log are Protein intake and get back on the road to good health. I have started to slow down on the weight lose but still happy to report a 3 pound loss now down to 258.

Harold - you're knocking on my door (I'm at 253 lbs) - great job so far ! I passed weighing in last week (New Years Day) but will report back on Thursday. I'm just hoping I did not gain over the Holiday stretch. I see my doctor next week and am torn over wether I should get a fill or not. I have restriction, although it has been tighter. I'll discuss with them and decide then. More importantly, I'm approaching my one year (Feb 13) and want to get the chest xray and fluroscopy done to make sure the innards are still ok....

Edited by mediummike

Ok- I'm jumping in on the challenge! Harold seems to be the man to beat! At 70 your an incredible inspiration! I usually weigh on Mondays. This week I was at 306, down 2 lbs from the previous week.

Well I weighed in at 253 again - no change. I guess I'm happy as I managed not to gain anything over the holidays, although I'm starting to think that my scale is busted because I have been in this range for over a month now ! I want to get into the 240's before my one year anniversary, so I will continue on. Maybe get a little fill next week when I see my doctor..

Dave good to see you join in the challenge

Big Rick how are things going

Mike not sure about knocking on the weight door yet you at 6'4 me at 6'0 but we do share something else Valentines day your 1 year birthday my 71 birthday.

Well I weighed in at 253 again - no change. I guess I'm happy as I managed not to gain anything over the holidays, although I'm starting to think that my scale is busted because I have been in this range for over a month now ! I want to get into the 240's before my one year anniversary, so I will continue on. Maybe get a little fill next week when I see my doctor..

Hey Mike-

Here's an article I came across that might help.

Guys who try to shed fat often encounter a "plateau" period during which the weight loss slows or stops entirely. Here's how to get past it without giving up.

1. Be patient. One of the ironic quirks of the human body is that weight loss slows your metabolism all by itself. As a result, the more you lose, the slower you will continue to lose. If you lost, say, six pounds last month and four pounds this month, it doesn't mean you're failing--it means you're normal.

2. Be sure you're actually still on your program. It's easy to fool yourself into thinking you're eating less, and exercising more, than you really are. To keep yourself in line, record everything you eat and all your exercise in a notebook--or, better yet, in a computer program that can calculate the number of calories you're taking in with food and burning off with exercise. This will let you know if you stopped following your plan without even realizing it.

3. Boost your metabolism. There are several ways to encourage your body to burn fat faster. First, eat several small meals a day. If your body thinks it isn't getting enough food, it will go into "starvation mode" and hold on to every bit of fat that it can. Next, change your exercise program to keep yourself revving on "high." When you lift weights, don't allow yourself more than 60 seconds between sets. When you're doing an aerobic workout, go full-out for a couple of minutes every 10 minutes or so, then return to your normal speed.

4. Give yourself a break. If you worry too much about how well you're succeeding, you're just going to derail your progress. Look at how far you've come, and congratulate yourself for changing the way you eat. Remember that the weight will come off eventually, but you're already living a better life.

Harold - I will be sure to send candies - sugar free of course !!!

David - thanks - I'll take any and all inspiration. Honestly, I'm not upset, actually quite happy where I am. I see other NSV's all along (especially clothes) that keep me happy away from the scale. I bust my butt at least 5 days at the gym, eat like a "normal" human being and when I don't, the band is there to remind me. I feel better now than I have in years. I know its just a number, but would like to see myself at overweight, not obese sooner than later....

Hey gents, I am doing well, down to 285. Have more than enough restriction as I have discovered all to well what PB'ing is and do not like it. Of course that means I am eating to much so I have scaled back on that a little more. My wife thinks I am not eating enough or often enough. I think that is true and am trying to eat very small meals 4-6 times a day. It actually makes me feel full early in the day so I eat less. Thank God the holidays are over and all the cookie platters arent showing up at work any more!

Hey Rick,

First of all, congratulations! I eat 5-6 small meals a day also. I work with one of those personal fitness guru's and that's the diet he's got me on. Seems to be working great, I'm down 6 more lbs. this week!

Hi Guys

Looks like the New Year is good to us. I am down 5 pounds to 253.

Mike I will take my candy in person right now I am a snowbird in sunny Mesa AZ with my feet up pointed to the sun.

Big Rick and Dave Great to see you on the move down and Mike good luck with the Dr visit.

Think our New Year resolution sould be to push - pull - and drag each other to good health.

Well, I haven't posted much on this one,

but I am feeling pretty good... down about 5 in the new year, and it continues to come down.

Looks like all you guys are doing great as well. Cool!

Great work, guys!