Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Short term goals for July Butterflies

Ok guys and gals, most of us should be mended by now and now is the time to start making this band work for us.

Have any of you planned any short term goals? If you have list them here so we can motivate each other.

I´ll go first...

By the end of August I want to have reached a weight of 102kgs (224,4lbs)

I plan on walking / cycling for at least 12 hours during August. I am so unfit and such a couch potatoe that this short goal will be a milestone for me to reach.

11th Aug 2008 - 30 minustes cycle around town and the lake.

12th Aug 2008 - 20 minute walk - bad day, it was raining.

Who´s next....:)

Edited by Mrs J.J

My goal is to start walking at least 30 minutes a day

My first goal is : I want to walk 30 minutes each day.:wink2:

My goal is to be able to walk two miles instead of just one.

How is your walking going? Were you able to get any time in today?

My goal is to start walking at least 30 minutes a day

So is it going today Jill? Were you ble to do it?

I would like to be down to 210 before my college reunion the first weekend in November. That means 24 more pounds to go! :D

What is your plan to accomplish this? I know you can do it.

So is it going today Jill? Were you ble to do it?

it was over 100 degrees when I got home so I didn't yesterday... Trying to find a treadmill

BUMP... anything happening today?

Todday was such a horrible day. I at least manage to get my Protein in but I sure did not walk anywhere today. Except just the usual from the parking lot to my desk. At least I park real far out. Tomorrow I am going to at least walk around work on my 15 minute break and maybe another 15 minutes in the morning. How are you doing on your goals?

I'm healing nicely and just setting myself small goals for now. I walk on my treadmill every day, so my daily goal is to get on that... then I also have to remember I'm banded and concentrate when I eat my mushies to eat slowly. It's the old habits of wolfing it down that I am trying to overturn now. I walk 20 mins on the treadmill and would like to get up to 30 mins soon. Great thread by the way X:thumbs_up:

How are you doing on your goals?

Yesterday was not good at all. I´m not watching what I´m eating carefully enough and feel like I´m slipping somewhat. I was tired or maybe just plain damn lazy and didn´t go walking or cycling. Shame on me.

Today is a new day. I intend to pick myself back up and work this eating problem one day at a time. I seriously never realised just how bad a food picker I am. This is probably why I gained so much weight over the years. I need to figure out why I do this...boredom, frustration?? I don´t know...but it has to stop!

My short term goal for today will be to eat healthy and walk for at least an hour today.

My short term goal is Onederland, anything less I guess is not a big deal. I was already walking about a mile and a half a day before surgery, but upped it now to twice a day pretty often, and looking at increasing the distance once it cools off here in Dallas, this morning was just too hot.

What's the problem?? I have a cruise in 3 weeks, last cruise I put on 7 lbs. At the rate Im going it would take me over a month to relose the weight. I have a fill this Sat, but my port seems to have moved, so Im also worried why am I feeling my port all the sudden since last Fri? Did the stitches come lose where he sewed it down?

Im really walking a lot now, hoping to get into a size 18 jean dress, that is too tight around my belly to zip up right now. I sure would love to be able to bring it on my cruise. I can wiggle into it now, but I cant come close to zipping it up.

So, my goals are the size 18 jean dress by cruise time and Onederland.

Yesterday was not good at all. I´m not watching what I´m eating carefully enough and feel like I´m slipping somewhat. I was tired or maybe just plain damn lazy and didn´t go walking or cycling. Shame on me.

Today is a new day. I intend to pick myself back up and work this eating problem one day at a time. I seriously never realised just how bad a food picker I am. This is probably why I gained so much weight over the years. I need to figure out why I do this...boredom, frustration?? I don´t know...but it has to stop!

My short term goal for today will be to eat healthy and walk for at least an hour today.

It will be okay. I feel like I have sliped too. I am sweet person and had my first donut yesterday which was a big mistake. I was just being lazy and was very hungry and it was sitting on the counter in a bag, at home and before I realized it, it was all gone. Let me say I did not buy it. My husband bought some donut holes for my son. I can home for a late lunch from work and there they were. I guess I did not realize how much I just picked up stuff and eat it without even thinking.

My mom always tells me to take 1 hour at a time and that it will get better. SHe had Bypass 8 years ago and even though the band and bypass is different she knows what I am going through.

We can do this don't beat yourself up it is a new day and this is a new adventure just keep thinking about the rules and take a deep breath we have only been at this for a month so we can not expect to get everything right. Make a small goal and work from there.

Remember WE CAN DO THIS!!!!:tongue_smilie: