Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Personal challenge between HP and D!!!

power is back on!!!!

NSV............jeans that are fitted and button, and are levi's.....I cant believe I was in a size 30/32 at the begining of 2007...wow.....I love new jeans.......they make me want to work harder.....yippyyyy

thanks

You know, to be honest on the last day I was getting very tired of it

Heck, we ended up camping this weekend for the bike ride we did, and I just love it.

We actually rented a camper, and it was really nice.

Wish I had money to get another one...but....oh well.

Yea, I am trying to find a plain purple jersey..(to match my bike of course) I have a purple one but I bought some purple socks yesterday and they dont really match!! LOL

Anyway....we got in a 50 mile ride yesterday at the Hope ride...it was great.....I think I need to make some adjustments to my bike though...my back is killing me today....

Hope you guys are all having a good weekend.

way to go D!!!!!!

You are doing good and staying so busy too...I miss you

i posted this on the bike thread...but most of you guys read this so I will re post it here....

Well, I am pleased to say...I made it!! I did my first 80 mile ride...the route was hilly at the first with it going from rolling hills, to downright hills. Then after the 2 sag stop, it became flat as we crossed into Kentucky across one of the bridges. Then most of Kentucky was flat, which at that point I thought I would like it to give me a good chance to rest up...but at that point the mind started playing tricks on me. When I hit 50 miles (which is all I had ever done) I think It was telling me I couldnt go any longer. I wanted to stop soooo bad. I had a little argument with myself out there, and then re grouped. I ended up going across the 2 bridge that took me back into Indiana and had just around 10 miles left to go. we battled head wind ont the flats of Kentucky as well as the last 10 miles. But...all the mattered was I MADE IT!

Very pleased...dead tired last night...but felt real good about the ride.

I also weighed this morning.....and if it hold true I will have a pretty weight loss to put on my ticker....

I have less than 1 week until I leave for Florida....YIKES...so much to do....:lol:

Hope all you guys are having a good weekend.'

COngrats HP!!!! 80 miles is soooooooooooo awesome!!!!!

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I don't think it is going to be good for me. I am bloated and irritable...so, not a good combo.

Tomorrow and then one more week of the challenge. I need to look back at what I wanted to accomplish and see if I did or not. I can't even remember what weight I was shooting for.

I know what you mean. We have made this a fun challenge, but my motive has changed as my reasons for doing the challenge at all

First of all, I have come to realize that I have this band as a tool for me to eat the proper amounts. It by no means will tell me I cant eat something or yell at me for eating a slice of pizza.

I can choose to stay at this weight forever by not changing what I put into my mouth, or I can continue to loose and get healthier by making better choices. Life is hard, and it is diffucult to always think this way and we will have the days, weeks and sometimes months where nothing is going our way on the scale or in our lives....that is when we need people in our lives to give us the quick kick in the butt....

This is what the group here has done.

I may not hit my goal weight by the 6th....but I have learned allot about myself this past few weeks...

I can do this, and it feels so dang good to push myself to the next level.

Everyone on this thread has come far. Everyone deserves a huge pat on the back and I hope we all know if anyone needs anything we are all here....

So.....whats next???????????????

We need a holiday challenge!!!!

you know...I leave for florida for a whole month in less than 5 days??????

YIKES>>>>>>>>

down 4!!!! YEa!!!!!! I was back up in the 20's all last week....mid 20's to be exact....so I will take it.....

I love feeling good.....I love my bike...I love it........................

Ok, so the 6th is the date. I am weighing and calling it good. I feel good about what i accomplished during this challenge. We all are awesome!!

yes it is, and I am going to have to find somewhere that I can weigh in at...But, I also satisfied....I did not or I dont think I have, made the last 5 off that I wanted, but I feel good about the other things in my life that I have changed....

Thanks D for bring it and for being such a inspiration

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches