Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Personal challenge between HP and D!!!

Thanks for the encouragement D! I recovered better than what I thought I would with my breathing...took me less than a minute to be at normal rate. Today, my legs dont feel too bad, we will se how they are tonight!

2B~ Awesome job on the weight loss!!

I kind of sorta miss my scale, but not horribly, I just try to preoccupy my brain with other things, and now that school is back, that will be easier to do!

I rode harder and faster on my bike ride tonight, when we finished riding we did the jog again....my legs felt sooo heavy but I pushed through it!

D~did you legs feel heavy when you ran the second day?

hello

Well, I thought I was not going to get to ride tonight, as I did something to my back and it is killing me. It is below my waist, and it almost feels like a kidney infection, but hurts more like a hurt back....

But...we went anyway...and rode about 6.5 miles and than Rebecca and I told her dad we would meet him at this convience store...but if we werent there to just follow the way home an we would catch up with him there.

Well...these hills have been hills that I have always walked even this season of riding. They are long and steep. BUT I am so pleased to say, even with my back hurting we kept at it and made it.

I was y extremely pleased. We only ended up with 13.5 miles, but it was like doing 35 on flats...

I am extremely pleased that my daughter chose this over conditioning at school too. She even said it was better, and her coach told her this would count for her.

Anyway...I have lost some of the weight I had put on last week..Gosh I was on the scale on Sunday it was 229...I totally freaked.

Today I am back down to 221. I changed my ticker to show the gain....but..I am not planning on weighing in again now until MOnday...well...thats a holiday, so we will see....

I am happy to be back on my bike and it feels so good outside

we are having a very mild august

TL..you are doing so good.....I cant believe you are running..I want to do that to...if we didnt live on gravel it would be easier and I hate to do it at work....

HP~ I am glad you were able to get back on your bike, even though you were in pain :w00t: I know you probably felt soo good to ride again! How in the world did you drop 8 lbs in 2 days.....you need to bottle that magic and sell it! I will buy it! Good job on tackling those hills...we don't have those here..but boy can I tell when we hit a little elevation in the road..haha

I may be running but it is not much at all...only .4 of a mile...my hubby goes with me and stays at my pace to encourage me. We saw a report on Nightly News tonight showing that people who run typically hold off all of the aches and pains that are associated with old age an additional 16 years. So, that was enough to motivate me to try it again tonight.

I was able to get in another ride again last nite. it was just my daughter and msyself and the 2 people from the local town.

The weather was iffy, but we rode into some rain and dealt with wet conditions on the road, but it was nice to just be out there.

My goal is to try and ride all weekend if possible..I m off after today until tuesday...yea!!!

Good job on the hills HP and good job on the running TL....

I don't run on days the run together. I run on Wed. and Sun. Although I did not run yesterday and will run this morning.

We are going camping for Labor Day so I won't be around for the weekend!! Have a great weekend everyone and see you on weigh day....I may not want to weigh in on Monday!!!

How's your back doing HP? :cursing:

TL - you crack me up! Have you always been such a joyful person, or is this part of the "new you"? :thumbup:

D - Have fun. Handsome Husband and I are going camping next weekend - can't wait! Taking the bikes along, to the mountains of eastern TN....Whoooeee!

Going to "think October Challenge" all weekend...repeat after me...the frig is NOT my friend! :biggrin: KY

my back is still hurting..so I did not ride last nite, I thought I should let it rest.I took a muscle relaxer and hit the sack early...

Woke up this morning, and it is still hurting..but NOT as bad as yesterday.

We are not camping this weekend, but we are planning on getting some rides in and my husband and son are canoing. We may rent another canoe so we can all go, but not sure

Have a wonderful weekend

OKay my friends!! So I bolted town after work on friday and went to see my friends in Georgia! They were shocked to see how I looked which of course made me feel gooooood! We were so busy working our jabber jaws that we didnt get a lot of exercise in....a few people turned into about 14 people....so breaking away to run or bike was pretty hard! But I did run up and down their stairs (all 4 different sets of them) about 50 times! And I did awesome with watching what I ate! You can imagine all of the sweets and bad stuff that was there and I am so proud of my self and was complimented on my self control!

Anywaysssssssss. I hope all of you are having a fun and awesome weekend!

Be safe!!!!!

How's your back doing HP? :thumbup:

TL - you crack me up! Have you always been such a joyful person, or is this part of the "new you"? :tt2:

D - Have fun. Handsome Husband and I are going camping next weekend - can't wait! Taking the bikes along, to the mountains of eastern TN....Whoooeee!

Going to "think October Challenge" all weekend...repeat after me...the frig is NOT my friend! :) KY

2B~ I have always been a jokster...it got me through may rough times....however, I met my match this weekend...my friends uncle and I cracked on each other all weekend...I think I got 20 hours of ab crunches from laughing so hard!

Have fun camping! Send pics of TN, I think that state is sooooo beautiful!:rolleyes::w00t:

my back is still hurting..so I did not ride last nite, I thought I should let it rest.I took a muscle relaxer and hit the sack early...

Woke up this morning, and it is still hurting..but NOT as bad as yesterday.

We are not camping this weekend, but we are planning on getting some rides in and my husband and son are canoing. We may rent another canoe so we can all go, but not sure

Have a wonderful weekend

HP~ I hope your back feels better soon...That has to be one of the most uncomfortable aches and pains we can get. Keep resting it, dont overdo it until you feel like it is healed otherwise you will keep aggravating it and it will take longer to recover. Soak in a nice warm tub and use your heating pad!

This is what happens when you go on vacation with your hubby and no kids!!! :thumbup::rolleyes::)

Take it easy girl!

P.S. why do you have a frowny face behind your weight stats?? You need to make that a smiley face...you are doing awesome!

tHANKS!!! But I am stuggling with my eating habits and am not loosing as fast as I excpected.I tried to get into the doctor this week, but he is not seeing patients the day i was able to go to the visit. which is 3 hours from me.

I have not had a fill since May

You know...it is feeling better..not perfect...but I am ready for a bike ride. Thursday...NO ride was even in my thoughts!!!

Well,I better get to bed...Thanks for the encouragment...and HHHHHAAAAAAA ON THE WEEK AWAY.....:thumbdown:

reporting in for monday............NO LOSS...stayed the same..which I will take with the effort I put into this..

Hoping for a better week....

Okay...my report for the week is not good...I dont understand how I can gain weight when I am watching what I am eating, eating small amounts and working out....I dont get it.

So...I am up a pound.....262 blah

Seriously HP...what was your secret for the 8 lb loss so quick...lol because apparently I am still not doing things right even though I have changed everything about my life....

hey that is better than it could be.I think we all reach areas where we kind of stop loosing maybe we are toning or building muscle? I dont know..I do know it is frustrating as heck. I am saying that the time last week when I lost was due to Water weight and just being so swelled up from all the salt and stuff from eating out all the time.

I am still holding it though..but I also am not exercising and not at all watching what I am drinking.....YES.....I know

Keep up the good work..it WILL start coming off...I think we need to kick some stuff in the butt and get loosing again or we are going to be unhappy campers..LOL

I need to run to H depot with hubby

be back