Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fresno-tulare ??

greetings everyone i would like to know if there's any support groups in the area that meet up monthly in the tulare, visaila, hanford, lemoore, fresno are ?? :)

I know Kaiser has one but I couldn't tell you how often it meets. I think it's on Tuesdays at the Clovis center (not positive though). It's open to more than just Kaiser members. We talked about it in class. I 'graduate' from my nutrition/weight management class on Thursday and they give you the specifics of the support group then. If you want, I could let you know what I find out. Let me know.

greetings everyone i would like to know if there's any support groups in the area that meet up monthly in the tulare, visaila, hanford, lemoore, fresno are ?? :w00t:

I'm here in Visalia, and I was thinking of starting one up myself. As far as I know, there's not currently a support group in Visalia, not sure about Tulare. I am going to call my doc tomorrow anyway, I will ask and let you know if she has found a place for meetings yet.

I'm here in Visalia, and I was thinking of starting one up myself. As far as I know, there's not currently a support group in Visalia, not sure about Tulare. I am going to call my doc tomorrow anyway, I will ask and let you know if she has found a place for meetings yet.

sounds great did Dr. K.M.MacKenzie do yours ? she did mine she is Sooo Cool..lol well TTYL

Edited by mzreeda

Yup, I had Dr. Mac too! I love her, and of course Sandy is a good friend of mine, too, so that made it even better!

Yup, I had Dr. Mac too! I love her, and of course Sandy is a good friend of mine, too, so that made it even better!

Cool! yes they both are a great team and very supportive right from the start. i see we both are sisters i also was band on May 5, 2008 was there at KDH @07am how are you doing so far ? how much weight have you lost if you dont mind me asking for me 12 before the sugery and the rest after hit sum gain then lots like a month in june but its starting to come off again very slow. but for some odd reason i feel like im missing something that why i was hoping to join a group local.

Yeah, my first week was like hell. I was very nauseous from the anesthesia, and so I had a hard time getting that under control. I lost like 29# in the first 6 weeks, but only 5 since then, so I really need to start focusing on my diet and exercise. I've only had one fill, and may need to go back and get another one, I'm starting to feel hungry again fairly soon after eating. Another thing is that I want to go back to my therapist that I saw before surgery (for the pre-op evaluation) and just hit on a few issues, because I know that those issues are driving some of my desire to eat. Anyway, that's where I am right now, total of 34# gone!

my few weeks was kind hard to but it was with acid reflux that stuff had me singing bass! i wanted to see the other MD ( eval) i tend to eat coz its there, im at my max in a 4cc band i told Dr. mackenzie i was hungry at the end of may she gave me 1.5 then a week later filled me all the way up. your weight is good thats like 10 pounds a month,we are goin on month 4 so thats good. at times it falls off me then stops am i getting punked by my own scale..LOL well "WE MUST HANG IN THERE" we come to far to turn around are you walking? and other type of exersice?

Hello...Im in Bakersfield,ca

Hey, I had Dr Mac too. I love her too. I just had mine done on 9/15 so i won't have my fill for a while. We should all start up a group, I'm game!

yes she is great,and some one is working on the local support group i will keep you posted if i hear of anything. good luck

Hi Everyone!!

Kaiser has a support group for WLS at it's Fresno facility. It's open to the community so you don't need to be a member to participate. It meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 5:30-7PM. Next meeting will be Oct. 14th.

It's free and meets in the Cypress 4 Conference Room. I can give you directions to the facility and the meeting room if you want. Let me know.

I'm hoping to make it a regular thing for me but right now I have a hard time getting childcare on Tuesday nights.

Hi, I was banded in Fresno with Dr. Higa and they have a monthly support group. They maybe listed under Alsa. Great Dr. and wonderful staff.

Edited by Yukiko