Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roll Call...All having a Revision From Band to RNY Come on In

update surgery went well!!! had it friday and she let me go home sat evening. not in alot of pain. so far so GOOD!!!

I'm debating launching a new community dedicated just to RNY Surgery. Are you guys/gals interested ?

Absolutely!

I am currently 4 months post Revision. I'm down a total of 65 pounds and feeling great! I have developed a motility issue with my bowels, but that's minor now that we have it figured out. Was extremely frustrating when it first started. I'm in the 197 range. Seriously slowed down weight loss at month 3 and 4. Haven't been able to be as active as I want/need to be. Bad back.

Teri

Absolutely!

I am currently 4 months post Revision. I'm down a total of 65 pounds and feeling great! I have developed a motility issue with my bowels, but that's minor now that we have it figured out. Was extremely frustrating when it first started. I'm in the 197 range. Seriously slowed down weight loss at month 3 and 4. Haven't been able to be as active as I want/need to be. Bad back.

Teri

I am in my 3rd month too and have slowed. I went 2wks with no lose at all. Frustrating. I have arthritis in my foot and I cannot walk for exercise. Hang in there.

RNYTalk.com will be launched within the next few weeks...stay tuned!

question.. I am one year out from lap band... only down 30 pounds... have not lost in months and months...I get stuck all the time.. I am hungry after two hours of eating protien... I can eat a good cup of food..

...I am thinking about havng a revision to RNY... Those of you who have done this...

Are you happy that you had the revision? Are you losing more than with the band? any insight for someone thinking of this. I am so frustrated...

Got a letter from my insurance company today. They have authorized my surgery!!!! :Banane20: I have Kaiser and they usually require 6 weeks of classes. The letter didn't say anyhting about this, it just said to call the surgeon to make an appointment. I think this is because the request was put in under a medical neccessity.

Can't wait to get a date set.

RNYTalk.com will be launched within the next few weeks...stay tuned!

I hope it's as good as LBT!!! :)

I came here a couple years ago before my band, and I really loved the support I got, and the ads weren't TOO obnoxious.

I haven't been able to find anything like it for bypass folks, so I'm very excited by this idea!

In the meantime, I'm happy to have found this thread.

I decided after two years of failure with the band, vomiting, sliming, and frothing, to go for the revision.

I'm still not yet two weeks post op, and the recovery from this surgery certainly did make the band surgery seem like a walk in the park, but I'm very glad I went through with it. I am having a hard time getting all my liquids down each day, but I had the same problem with the band, and it's mostly because I tend to focus on whatever else I'm doing and forget I need to eat/drink. I'm working on that... :)

My doctor removed the scar tissue that had built up around my band, and I'm so glad for that. If you're considering having your band removed, ask your doctor about that. I didn't want to have problems down the road that were leftovers from my band, so I'm happy he hopefully took care of that issue for me.

Take care,

Juniper

I am also just totally depressed and upset... 30 pounds in a year is just not what I had in mind.... I feel like a failure. I have changed my eating.. but I still am having trouble losing. I am thinking about getting a revision to RNY... I am not feeling the love and very down... My doctor wanted me to have RNY and I sald I wanted to do the band... I hate going back and have him say "I told you so" :(

don't worry about your doctor saying that. if he does, so what? i would want my doctor to be more knowledgeable about WLS than me, anyway, so if he was right, and i was wrong, so be it!

i, too, was advised to do a bypass instead. i wanted a conservative approach. it didn't work for me, and now i've gotten a revision. i hate that i failed with the band, but i'm looking forward now, not backward, so i forgive myself. :)

do what you need to do for you.

Update- I weighed this morning. I had been in a plateau, I have now lost 40lbs! Revision was Feb 22. This is slow, but I have arthritis in my left foot and am unable to walk much. I am pleased! I may have surgery on the foot in Aug. This month I was battling kidney stones!

Thank you so much for starting this thread. Its threads like this and others that helped me make my mind up to get Gastric bypass in lou of the band. I dont want to ever have a revision or any of these problems so im skipping it :P ha im currently doing all my Pre op testing for my gastric bypass surgery ! =)

We're happy to announce the beta launch of RNYTalk.com ! RNYTalk is the premier community for individuals who have undergone and who are now researching Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass weight loss surgery.

Be one of the first to post.....

Well I decided to come by here today, and I'm glad I did.

I was banded 3/21/07. I lost 50 lbs before surgery. After surgery I had lost another 18-20 lbs, but now have gained most of that back (the 18-20 lbs - still down the 50 I lost before surgery)

For me my issue has been my port. It has flipped on me twice, which prevents me from any exercises with stretching (including swimming)

January of 08 the surgeon went in and fixed the first flip (after telling me for MONTHS that it was normal the pain I was having)

Then I waited 8 weeks (he had said 4-6 weeks) before even attempting to exercise - then SURPRISE - the port flipped again.

Since then my surgeon was unable to fill the port without floroscopy, and I just can't afford that ($75 copay). So instead of having ANOTHER surgery to fix the port of a tool which isn't doing me any good without restriction and exercise, I have made the decision to revise to RNY.

My boss asked me to wait till after the holidays due to work being too busy at that time, so the band removal is scheduled for 1/5/09 and the RNY is scheduled for 2/24/09!!!

how did things go