Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please, I need advice for my g/f!!!

Hey yall, it's 6:50 in the morning. Finally, two hours ago after from what my girlfriend thinks was a strong fill from her doc, she was able to get to sleep. She was able to keep down the initial Water that she had to drink in the office at first, but, as soon as she ate/drank anything, I mean, anything, water, milk, crackers included, she threw them up. The worst part is, after she throws up, her stomach doesn't like reset. Instead, it still keeps gurgling and she starts burping up acid. She starts coughing up acid. In fact, from the time she got home to the time she finally fell asleep, she threw up more times than she drank/ate and it's usually ALLLL bile.

I woke her up mid sleep due to the factor that I awoke to hear what I thought were "voices" but was in fact her....I dunno what they were. It sounded like acid was coming up, she gurgled on it, and then she swallowed it. I know it's acid because we've had to change our pillow case's 4 times tonight and our sheet once. But honestly, the sound was kinda scary. It sounded Satanic (lol, it was cool in that sense). But basically, I'm worried half to death about her. She's more afraid of having the lapband slip than going back to the doc tomorrow and telling him it's too much. Am I worrying too much? I really am afraid for her. She woke up and told me her throat burns! I had the gastric bypass so I know what some of her symptoms feel like, but, I've never had these kind of experiences before! Please, anybody, give me some advice!!!

Your girlfriend need to call her doctor ASAP and get in there and get some of the fill taken out.

I agree with TP, this is NOT normal, please seek medical advice immediately.

Your girlfriend is fortunate to have someone like you who cares.

Please keep us informed.

I just called the doc's office. The secretary told me the doc's not in the office today and the nurse isn't in yet. She'll call me when she has a chance.

This sucks.

I also told me g/f I called the doc and she wants to wait until Monday to see if she can "adjust".

The satanic sounds are actually gurgling noises in her stomach that like, echo through her mouth. The are still happening when she's awake now. It's really creepy.

I'm afraid she'll have to go to the ER by Sunday. She's probably drank only a 1/4 cup of Water today and that's it.

She can not wait until Monday. You need to call the physician's office and find out if he has an associate physician on call or take her to the ER. Besides the fact that acid reflux is not good for her, she could choke in her sleep if she is gurgling that much while sleeping. She needs fluids, whether it be by IV or taking out some fill so she can drink. It's good that you are watching out for her. Don't put it off until Monday.

Jerro,

I too had an aggressive fill but it didn't kick in until 2 wks later. Keep calling the Dr's office. I too was told my dr wasn't in and was told by the nurse that if I couldn't wait until my appt to get an unfill, then I should go to the ER. She also told me that there they would have to take everything out which I didn't care because I was miserable.

The nurse also told me to sip fluids. Sip very, very, slowly. My husband would also give me ice chips. Please be persistent with the dr's office. It will not get better. I wasn't able to eat, drink, sleep, or swallow for 7 days. Those were the most miserable days of my life.

Until she gets to the dr, have her lay down with her head up-that will help with the saliva and acid just sitting her throat.

I hopes she gets better soon. Please keep us posted. Good Luck!!!

I realize I was fortunate enough to be part of a large practice, but seriously, there MUST be someone to step in when her doctor isn't available. She needs to have a portion of her fill taken out immediately. DON'T let her wait until after the weekend. Not only does she risk ruining her band--slippage from vomiting, but she also risks dehydration if she is unable to consume anything. The band isn't supposed to starve her to death--it is supposed to limit her intake. Please convince her to go TODAY!

If your g/f can't get to her doctor ASAP, she needs to go to the ER. If she keeps up with vomiting, etc., she will have her band slip. My doctor said that persistant vomiting can move the band OR have the inside of your stomach come up inside the band! Don't take no for an answer.

If the physician is unavailable she/he has to have someone on-call during that time. You need to call the office back and ask to speak to the nurse - if the nurse is still not in then ask the secretary who the on-call physician is. Seriously, Jerro, if she has gastric content coming up the band is simply too tight and she needs to do something about it today! Good luck with convincing her - your a great guy!

Linda :)

This is an emergent situation. My doc would either meet you at the office or at the ER. Like Linda said your girlfriend's doc has to have a backup plan if he's going to be away. You need to get in touch with either the nurse or on-call doc. However, if her doc is truly unavailable and doesn't have an on-call doc to help out, then you have to go to the ER. In which case I'd be looking for another doc next week. Either way, she can not wait until Monday. It's very possible for her band to get tighter and tighter as her stomach and pouch swell. Get her in ASAP. Good luck and keep us posted.

I agree. She needs to be seen today. There is no reason for her to suffer miserably for the next several days and risk her band altogether.

If you are there, I would suggest going to the doc's office and sitting there until she is seen. Be the squeaky wheel. Call every half hour until you get the nurse. Sometimes the doc's office doesn't "get it". I don't think they are trying to be difficult, they just don't understand what we are going through.

Whatever you do, don't let her wait until Monday.

hey jerro,

just wanted tp follow up with you to see how your girlfriend is doing.

hope that she is better.

Tp

Hello all! This is Jerro's banded girlfriend. After that horrible night, I realized how stupid I was being and got my entire fill taken out that day. The doctor rushed over from surgery for me :thumbup: I still have no fill in as of now, but I hope to get filled soon. I'm going through a lot of stress right now and am emotionally eating (and eating bad things!)! I'm afriad that I've gained a lot of weight. :wink2: I don't regret at all getting my fill out though.. the acid and tight band were killing me and I can only imagine what COULD have happened!!

Thank you all for the advice :thumbup: