Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill experience

I had my 2nd fill yesterday. My doc initially put in 3 ccs in my 14 cc band for a total of 6 ccs. I sat up and started to sip some Water. At first I felt okay, I could feel the restriction in my chest, but thought I was okay. All of a sudden I felt clammy, sweaty, dizzy, and nauseous! I was like, hey doc I'm not feeling to good. He had me lay back down and removed 0.5 ccs. OMgosh, that was just enough. I felt sooooo much better :cool2:.

Pour man was so upset for me. I was like, it's okay :biggrin2:. I'm just glad that it happened here. Now I so know what it feels like to be too tight. No problems so far, drinking my Protein Shakes slowly and not needing but small sips at a time. I like my doc, he's so compassionate about his patients and was so cute last night :thumbup:.

WOW I hope mine goes just as well. Did you get your fill lying down? That is how my doctor does it and I just don't know. I did get a drink of Water sitting up and all was well. Just curious is why you have to lay down maybe because of the needle sticking out of ya?!?! LOL!!!

Ugh--I had my 4th fill wed. I now have 6.8 in a 14cc band. My doc put in a WHOLE cc this last time...I really didnt expect him to put in that much....wed night I could eat mashed pots no prob...he said do mushies if have problem back down to liquids. So I did the mushies wed and thursday...today I got some mashed pots and shredded bbq chicken....threw it up and the chicken was like really soft and moist....I can even feel yogurt going down....why is it worse now than yesterday? Should I go have an unfill or do liquids and see how it is next week. Is this normal? I really dont want to have to miss more work due to going to the doc (OH yeah plus hes OOT all next week)........

I had my 2nd fill today. 1cc this time for total of 3cc in 10cc band. My PA told me based on 10cc band, average amt for the sweet spot he's seen is around 6cc. My doc goes slow with fills. I had 1st 6wks post-op, 2nd another 6wks. Now I go 9wks until 3rd fill.

Anyways...this fill today was much easier on me than my 1st. Guess it helped to know what to expect this time-LOL! I drank my Water afterwards, no problems. Drove home but stopped by Wally-World for my clear liqs. Got out, walked in, then all of a sudden I got really dizzy. I had to sit for a while for it to pass. Now that I'm home, drinking my clear liqs, my usual 3 good sips are making me nauseous along with that "lump" feeling in my throat. No too bad so I can tolerate still drinking, just slow. I'll be curious to see how tomorrow goes. It's only been 3hrs since the fill.

I had my second fill today, first was 3cc and this time 2cc. Until today I have had barely any restriction. I was able to get the Water down after the fill no problem but later when I tried a yogurt smoothie (stonybrook farms) I could feel it and would have almost a lump like feeling and would burp before I had even swallowed it all. I am very hungry...my tummy is growling and feels empty and hungry...as I have hardly eaten anything all day. I was able to drink a protien shake, it took almost 20 min. I gave up on the yougrt after 3 sips. I tried some creamy Soup, itialian ice, vanilla milk and everything is very tight and I feel nauseous. I have tons of gas and it is very hard to tell if the pains that I feel are because I am hungry or from the fill. I hope that I feel better tomorrow or maybe I will call the doctors.

I had my second fill today,the doc took me up to 5cc's and I was totally blocked nothing moved as I watched the screen he took out 1/2cc still nothing he took out 1cc then I could see the fluoro come through.I now have 4cc's .