Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did you wait in between fills?

I had my first fill last week, and I am still eating more than I should be able too. The only change has been that food get stuck a lot easier than it did. I was thinking about going back next week, but I didn't know if I needed to give it a few weeks.

My doctor let's us get a fill once a week until we have restriction.

If you're food is getting stuck though, you might want to give it a little while and be sure you need another fill. After my most recent fill my food started taking a long time to go down and I decided that is enough for now. I don't want another fill and risk having it get stuck even worse or not go down at all. I just had to pay closer attention to whether I was feeling satisfied after my healthy meal (rather than feeling stuffed) and I decided I'm doing really well and I'll stay where I am for now.

Edited by Northwest_Nance

Gosh I was just thinking that I mean it's hard to eat right after all these years eating the way I wanted. I feel like a faliure already!!! I want to eat too, I try and stay away from those thoughts but it seems that this Lap band is all i think about!!!

FYI- Many doctors only will fill you once a month. I can push mine to do it in 3 weeks but I have to be really assertive.

The lap band requires a lot of patience!

Sadie

For me its not so much about how much I can eat, but how soon am I hungry again.

The quantity of food above the band won't change much with fills. What DOES change is how soon after the meal are you back in the kitchen hunting food.< /p>

I'm very restricted (liquids only) until early afternoon when it starts to ease up. By dinner time I can eat "normal" -- but my dinner should keep me full until bedtime. If I find myself grazing a couple hours after supper -- it's time for a fill!

I go for my 3rd fill next Friday, my dr. only gives 1cc at a fill and I am now at 5cc in a 8cc band.....my concern is that since my last fill I have to really watch my bite size and chew really well otherwise the food gets stuck. I on the other hand don't have the restriction that I'm looking for in regards to how much food I can take in, I remind myself that I don't need to finish everything I have on my plate, but then at times my mouth really wants all of it because I don't have that full feeling and am still hungry.

I'm wondering if I should get another 1cc fill next week or should I get .5cc instead.....I'm confused as to what to do. I don't want my food to get more stuck than it has been, but then i have learned these last 3 weeks to change my eating habits and take my time at eating. Is this what it's all about?? I guess I'll go for it and get the full 1cc and get to that sweet spot that everyone is talking about.....but gosh I'll really will have to be careful while eating.....yikes!

I had my first fill on July 3. Then two weeks later I had #2. 2 weeks later I had #3. I have an appointment for 2 weeks from that for #4, if needed (it was 2 days ago, so I need to give it about a week to see how it's working out).

If I need to change it, I just call and push it back 2 weeks for a follow up visit during which I may or may not get a fill, but I will get to see someone and get an update on how I am doing overall.

My timing is just as Nana described. It's not about volume as much as it is about feeling fuller faster and staying that way.

I know what you mean...it does seem to be all encompassing....Maybe that means we are ready to be dedicated.....

Getting a fill doesn't hurt at all, the first time I went my dr numb the port area, but the last one he didn't and I didn't feel the needle at all.

As for the question about food getting stuck.....it's just that...food that wasn't chewed well or your band is not allowing to go through. Some times the food is sitting there and trying to make it way through, which can be be very painful until it finally gets through, but there was one time and I'm not trying to scare anyone, I had meatloaf that I didn't chew well and it wouldn't pass, after an hour of pain,pbing, and walking the floor I finally stuck my finger down my throat and had instant relief.

This whole experience has taught me to take small bites and to chew my food well, almost to a liquid before swallowing. It's all about breaking the old and bad eating habits.