Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Jersey August Chat

hey everyone,

i am here, still waiting on the results of the ct scan. i am nervous, but not as much, but still a little, did that make sense? man, my brain is frazzled, all with this and the surgery and my hubby going to iraq, i just cant do it sometimes.

so anyways, for anyone in NJ, Jetti, myself and hopefully others will be meeting at Applebee's on Route 9 in Howell at 6 p.m. on Saturday, hopefully some of you can make it!

if you need directions, email me at njsoldierwife@yahoo.com

Betty, I am glad you are doing well!

thanks for all of your concerns about me, i feel loved! :P:eek:

Michaele Mythoughts are with you sweetie, I know it's hard for you with dh gone and going through this alone. Just remember we are here anytime you need us. Hugs!

I am still in a lot of pain but doing better too.

Just sticking my head in for a quick hello.

So sorry I missed the New Jersey get together at Applebee's. Maybe next time. Can't wait to read about it! Hope everyone had a good time!!

We had a great time at Applebee's! It was Jetti and myself. She is such a wonderful person! (Thank you jess for all of your support and information.) Hopefully we are going to do all of this again next month after my surgery!

And hope more of you come!

As for me, I will be gone starting tomorrow until Friday. Going to see my husband off to war. Please pray for him and his safety.

Talk to you all next week!

Hi everyone:

My name is Andrea and I am having surgery on Wednesday in Pennsylvania Hospital. I would love to join the group and hear all the stories good and bad. Right now I am trying to get through the nerves and panic feeling I am having right now. My husband is very supportive and although he panics, I think he is doing his best to help me, but I would love for others to vent to. I look forward to chatting with you.

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Welcome Andrea! Glad you popped in. The pre-surgery jitters are something we've ALL gone through. For me it was the day before...cried my eyes out wondering what the hell I was about to do to myself. You get over it though when you think of everything else you've tried to lose the weight. This definately helps.....just remember it's a tool, you're still doing the work :smile2: that made me feel better too because I was judging myself as a failure because i needed this piece of equipment sewn into my stomach to get me to lose weight. You quickly learn, that it's a tool...it does help but, you really do need to do the work. Congrats on your upcoming surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery :lol:

Sherry

Complications with me and I have to go back to surgery this morning, please keep me in your prayers. I should be back home tonight though.

Gosh, Betty, I'm so so sorry to hear this. Please be strong! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon!

Was this something to do with the lap band or something unrelated. I hope you recover speedy and safely.

All the best, Always,

Andrea:thumbup:

Complications with me and I have to go back to surgery this morning, please keep me in your prayers. I should be back home tonight though.

Oh Betty! I am thinking of you and sent up a prayer for you! I hope it is a minor fix-----please let us know you are ok soon!!!

Lots of Love headed your way for sure!!!!

Everyone else, I will be back to catch up, just picked up Betty's message in email, and wanted her to know she was in my heart!!!

I have had some sort of stomach virus, I am better now, but it put me out of commision for a couple of days. In the process, I actually made goal! I was planning to be up day and night celebrating, instead I was sick with worry I had slipped my band with all the vomitting! Yuck!! But I am back to me again, and all seems well--Thank God!

I will check back in soon, welcome to the new ones. Michaele--hoping to hear good news on your tests soon!!!

Kat

Michaele - it was great to finally meet and chat with you...we must do it again with anyone else who is interested.

Betty - lots of hugs and prayers for you!!

Not feeling well enough to do much typing just letting y'all know I am still kicking. I had to go back to surgery, my drainage was stopped up and couldn't come out. they opened me up but today I am really swollen up and it hurts to sit up any length of time. I am icing down now and will post when I feel better. the surgery itself went very well and I feel so much different. I dh said I have a totally different profile now.

Betty, thanks for the update. I feel like this board is a family reunion every time I come here. I here "unsettling" news and I become a wreck. I'm keep a good thought for you. Hope the recovery is fast! God Bless.

Betty - I'm glad you let us know what happened and it's so good to know you're home. I wish you a speedy recovery :thumbup: