Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Jersey August Chat

I don't know how I missed all of yesterdays posts, but Betty, I'm absolutely thrilled for you. Be sure to take a before picture tonight. What size did you decide on? I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to go back and get the "touch up" part done, as you can relate, I hate being put to sleep.< /p>

Sherry, you go girl, had to laugh at the formation part, my favorite place to ride is in the rear and on the right side. I hate riding next to the line.

Kat, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, dang it I hate that. I just checked the bday list the day before. Belated wishes girlie!

OK, gal pals, I'm off to bed.

Good Luck Betty, take my phone number and call me if you get bored in the hospital. I'll pm my cell #.

Hugs

Betty---hoping you and your new perky girls are resting comfortably, and that all has gone well. (((((hugs))))))

Kat

I am so freaking out! Oh My God, I can't take it....

I had my pre admin tests done yesterday, ekg, chest xray, bloodwork....

wellll........

My chest xray came back with and I quote "possible area of density in left chest area"

So now I have to go for a CAT scan with the dye in the iv. I am so scared it is something bad! And my hubby is going off to effin war and I am here by myself and just feeling really scared and bad right now. Yes, i do have family and loved ones to support me, but its not the same. YKWIM?

Please pray real hard that this is nothing.

Betty, just dropped in to let you know I'm thinking about you and the "new" girls :thumbup:. Can't wait to hear from you and know you're ok.

Michaele, I'm sorry to hear you've received this disturbing news. Did they tell you what the density may or may not be.

Hugs

Micheaele, Sorry you're going through this. Hope all goes well with your test.

Betty - by now you're boobies are already smaller girlfriend. Wahoo...I wish you a quick recovery and I do hope you're feeling better already.

So gals...I went for my checkup at my bariatrics center. Saw the Nutritionist and my surgeon and endedup with a slight unfill. Well I say slight but, I'd like to know something. In April I had a fill and the doc said I was close to 2cc's well today he could only draw out 1cc total being in my band and put back .75ccs of it. So in his eyes I had .25 taken out but, where the hell did the other 1cc go? So damn confusing! Hubby was watching and he said the same thing....he knows almost 2ccs was in there the last time yet he saw only 1cc come out. :thumbup: Anyway......I ended up in tears with the nutritionist. I'm so freaking hard on myself and she said it too. She said I'm doing great, and I've been through so much stress and turmoil over the past 1.5 years with the reflux, work stress and other issues that it's understandable why my weightloss is at a standstill. I told her I really felt as if I've failed again...I went and had this plastic thing put in so I could end my cycle of dieting and failing and here I go again even with this. She reminded me this is a tool it doesn't take away the stress, emotional or other eating issues we had BEFORE we got the band. Yea I know all that and told her I know what I'm suppose to do but why is it I can't get ME to take care of ME the way I'm suppose to? I can do it for so many but myself. Again she told me I haven't failed and after seeing my food diary, talking with me etc she recommended I get a slight unfill so I could make better food choices and have them go down without me having issues or this reflux at night. That me not sleeping through the night is definately a big aspect of me not losing weight etc. So after I cleaned up my face I saw my doc and had that unfill. Doc says.......I have to go back to literrally measuring 1 cup of food...get a measuring cup, put my food in it and that's it. Take a bit, chew it for 30 seconds and then don't take another bite for 2 minutes. Time it all and measure it all. If I'm hungry in between the 1 cup eatings...with no reflux I need a fill and nothing is probably wrong. However, if this eating the baby banster way doesn't help then it's a swallow test next. If it looks on in there....then another unfill until we get it right. If something is wrong like my stomach is prolasps ( I think he said), stretched or something else wrong....the band will have to come ou :) Sooo I have to give this one hell of a college try so I know what needs to be done. UGH. It's not going to be easy but, i have to do this. Tonight I'mjust praying to get a good nights sleep.

So I'm off to bed my friends...just wanted to fill you in on my stressful visit. I love ya and wish you all the best all the time :lol: Hope you're all doing well and shrinking :tongue: night night

Boy----lot's of prayers tonight for my Jersey Girls!!! Michaele---will be praying hard for good news for you, I know you are scared, and you can come here and unload anytime. I know when you get news like that, all sorts of emotions rear their heads! When I got my bad news, I was scared, and yet mad as hell, at EVERYONE!!! And no one had given me cancer, but I was still mad, I wanted to scream and cry, and I also wanted to hide and pretend I had never been told, so I would not have to deal with it.

Last Fall I had a scare with my thyroid, I thought it too was cancerous, and I used these wonderful women to moan and cry to, and complain about my fears-----they did not let me down! They won't you either! Hang in there, many, MANY times those tests are just shadows and nothing is wrong, and that is what we are hoping for for you!!!

Sherry----follow those rules girlie! Did they not mention any sort of surgery to reset the band so to say, it just has to come out? That sounds so bizarre!!!

Have you thought about any sort of revision surgery? I have heard that the sleeve is having issues with reflux as well, because I thought that would be ideal if anything ever happened, but now I am guessing not!!

Betty, hope you are hanging (nope no more hanging for you!!!) make that---hope you are feeling good!!!

Hugs to all of you. I am exhausted, I hauled wood with my Dad today, and cleaned my house----all on about 4 hours sleep, so I am off to bed.

((((((HUGS)))))))

Kat

Hi Kat...nope no mention of revision. He said we're trying this slight unfill, measuring and chewing better...then if this doesn't work it's the swallow test to see whats going on. Depending on the results of that it might have to come out. TO ME freaking give me the swallow test now I've gone through this for so long already I'm scared something is wrong with it but.......I'm practicing my Reiki right now and trying to just stay positive and work with what he told me. I'm going to believe it's not something wrong with my band but, just the way I was eating and see how it all goes. Thanks for the well wishes by the way. I too thought maybe if it came down to it I'd have him do the sleeve while in there taking it out but, not sure. I'll definately be asking if it comes down to taking the band out. No harm in me asking. He did ask if I've ever had a hiatal hernia and I told him not that I know of...so you'd think he'd check for that right? Nope.....gotta do this thing first. I guess the good old insurance companies really put a screwin to the docs on the tests ordered so it's always the last resort? That's my guess anyway. UGH.

Betty....hope you get to come home today and that you're doing well.

Michaele....when is your testing being done? I think I missed that. Thinking of you and we're here for you.

Sherry, I had a hiatal hernia, but it was not as bad as what you have, I didn't have the choking at night, just the pain in the back. Dr. T fixed mine when he installed the band.

Hugs girlie, you've been through so much. Hang in there.

Betty, we're waiting.

Good Morning Kat!

Micheale, Positive thoughts and prayers are with you! Come here to vent anytime.

Sherry, what a visit with the bariatric folks you had! Hang in there and hopefully their initial guess about "eating the bandster way" will do the trick.

Betty boop! Or, shall I say Betty Boobs! Hope you are doing well and can come back to check in real soon! Been thinking about you! :smile2:

Take care everyone!

Hey ladies!! I have not been on in a minute so I just wanted to swing by and say HI!!!! Had a great but busy weekend with the yard sale. the weather was PERFECT!!! sunday we didnt have that many customers so that was a downer but all in all it went good. and since the weather was good I got some more color - my vacation tan was fading and I was not a happy camper about that!!

YAY Betty - Congrats and good luck with your surgery. Can I have whatever the take from you? I am in serious need of some boobs. I have always been small and im getting smaller and smaller - pretty soon they will go in :-(

Trish - No distance is too far for me to travel if you would like to meet up one day. I enjoy driving so I would have no problem driving down your way or even meeting half way if youre interested.

Have a great day chicas!!!

Glad your yardsale went well on at least one of the days! They are soooo much work. I moved into my house a year ago and keep saying that I should have one. Too much stuff and need to get rid of it!

Good to hear that you are flexible with meeting up one day soon. Now, if I only wasn't so over-extended all the time!!! I'm in Mercer County one day a month for a meeting, but now I have to get back by 6:00 pm for a class. That only goes through December, so we'll have to see what we can work out. Where are you in relation to Woodbridge? I used to work at the Parkway several years ago. Too long of a commute from Burlington County at that time. :smile2:

Got home yesterday, he said I did extremely well. They didn't have to move my nipples after all and they took 5 pounds off my breasts. I am really sore, but doing good. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

Betty - Thank goodness everything is ok. That's great news that they didn't need to move your nipples. I bet that helps with a quicker recovery time for you :wink2: Hugs girlfriend...take it easy and heal up quick.

Rest lots Betty, I'll be thinking of you and sending get well quick wishes your way!!! So glad it is behind you, and soon you will be up and around again--feelin' perky!!

I had some sort of stomach virus yesterday, and was soooo sick at my stomach, I heaved all day long, ran fever. I took the phenergen the Dr. prescribed for nausea and it put me to sleep, I slept most of the afternoon, and all night, and so far this morning I feel better. I am drinking some Water, I know I dehydrated after that, and had a piece of toast, and everything feels fine. What a yucky day!

Today I am waiting (tho not to patiently) for the builders to get here to build Rick's shop. This is the day they said they were doing it---but no one has shown up yet. They have not been paid----their SOP he said, we pay when they finish. But I just want them here building! I ran around all morning yesterday getting the permits in order, and now they are a no show so far.....grrrrrrrr. BUT to be totally honest---I did all the permitting, and I helped with the land being readied----but if Rick is concerned enough HE can call. I am not!

Well, my little Princess got grape jelly all over hers clothes and a blanket so guess I'll go get them in the wash. Talk later!

Kat