Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Jersey August Chat

Sherry---the story I was reading, the woman said apparantly her stomach was weak in the area of the stoma itself, and when sitting the weight of the stomach held it in an open position, but when she laid down it collapsed, causing everything to back up.

The sitting fluoro was normal, when they did her fill...then her unfill.....then the refill......so in the end they wanted to see if perhaps during a longer test, maybe the esophagus was spasming, so they scheduled a full fledged upper GI---and lo and behold when she laid down the stoma closed off, and nothing went anywhere!!

At this time her Band surgeon is consulting for options of how to handle her case.....

This is something I am hearing somewhat 2nd hand......it is a friend of my friend who is banded, she is emailing my friend what is happening---and my friend just forwarded her email on to me. I do not know the person involved, just reading what is happening with her. My friend Michelle sent it to me because she knew I had reflux----but I had it long before I ever had a band. I will let you know if they come up with anything that I hear of. As for an Upper GI----you might be able to get that scheduled through your PCP, since you ARE having reflux issues, and insurance should cover it---then if there ARE problems, take the results to your band Dr.

I sometimes hate Dr.'s!!! My fill Dr. is quite arrogant! He has never been a problem, and he seems to always err on the side of caution, but he acts as though eating right should not be a big deal--of course he is maybe 150 pounds---super thin, and a bike rider, and mountain climber-----ay yi yi!!! LOL

Talk later!

Kat

I have gotten this far without a fill and I am determined to continue on this path. I dont think a fill right now will help with my chocolate and pretzel addiction since I dont do it when I eat my meals its when im home with nothing to do at night. I stepped up my willpower last night and only had about 5 pretzels which is an OK snack. just gotta keep telling myself I can do this..GRRRRR!!!

PB, slime and things getting stuck is not something that I know much about but I had my first and only PB during vacation and I was not a happy camper!!! We were only awake to eat lunch and dinner so when we went to eat lunch we were usually STARVING to put it lightly. well I was eating some chicken and white rice and I must have not chewed the chicken enough or had too big of a piece so it got what I guess is stuck. I tried to sip some Water to see if it would pass but that was not helping. I got up and went to the bathroom and up came the chicken and water. it was not that bad since it seems the food that came up was in my throat and not further down so it didnt hurt or take much effort and all was good after that. I think I am somewhat spoiled since I dont have a fill I have more lead way then most bandsters but I took that PB as a lesson learned and made sure I chewed my food and made sure that nothing was very dry. I thought Karolina was going to pass out from worry as I was sitting in the chair squirming trying to be cool, calm and collected. She was like "is there some sort of procedure I should know about if something gets stuck?" she is the best!!! No procedure just gotta let it pass or get rid of it.

Hi Y'all!

JUst got home from the doctor and everything was fine today. I just have to do a stress test and if it comes back ok then I am all done. I have an appointment the end of the month. Wish me luck!

I'm going to get into something cooler!

Wishing you luck Betty :lol:

Went on a 200 mile motorcycle ride today...very nice country roads on a beautiful day :lol: There were 6 of us total that went. Makes for alot of fun with that many bikes :w00t:

Sherry, 200 miles on a motorcycle, OMG, what a woman! It is more fun with a large group or riders, and it's safer :).

For some strange reason I'm rather tired tonight, (LOL, Diane), so I'll check back in the morning.

Hugs.

Good morning y'all!

I'm getting here early this morning, I have been so busy that I just haven't had time for anything, so if I get here first thing maybe I can post a little.

Sherry - I have done that long ride quite a few times and it's always fun, but the butt sure feels it. Although when you are riding your own bike it doesn't hurt like it does on the back of someone else's. Congrats on your long ride!

Pat - Sounds like you and Diane got together again! hmmmmmm I bet the liquid diet has something to do with you being tired! lol I did the same thing last night with dh.

Diane - Are you tired too? lol

I was gone most of the day yesterday, so I didn't get any work done at my house at all, so guess what I have planned for today? I figure I better get an early start on it.

Catch you all later!

Betty, boy you sure picked up on this quickly. Diane and four other lady friends came over Friday night for a girls night out pool party. We had a blast. My son brought us a couple of dozen of crabs, all cleaned and ready to cook. I'm use to cooking a huge pot of crabs, but this one was like a large Pasta pot. Well, we're sitting on the patio and Diane said she smelled something. I thought, hmmm, smells like burning popcorn, then I looked at the grill and realized the beer had cooked out of the crabs a lot sooner than expected, so I added another can of beer and let them cook a little longer....yep, that can cooked out too. All I can say is around midnight, we're hanging out IN the pool, eating crabs that tasted like burned popcorn. I had turned the heater on in the pool and it was around 93 degrees. I even went down the slide, which I had NEVER done!!!

After everyone left, Diane and I sat and talked until 3:15, then got up at 7:30ish. I thought I'd be asleep before my head hit the pillow, but I had a terrible time falling to sleep and staying asleep. Needless to say, we had a great time. I fixed this dip that was debomb, crab and salmon. Oh, and the crabs, that's the only way to eat them, (ommitting the burned taste). I'll probably sit my crab pots back out today, and have my son teach me how to clean them while they're still alive, that way there's not deadman or guts or eggs or nasty stuff, just pick and eat.

Donna, I called and left you a message on your answing machine, we missed you.

OK, girlies, sorry to have taken up the thread, have a great day all.

Good morning y'all!

Ditto!

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers and positive energy! Mom is doing so much better and was released from the hospital this weekend. She's weak, but is on the road to a solid recovery. She may be 80, but she's the "energizer bunny" normally, and thankfully the bunny will make a showing in the near future! There appears to be no cancer and her heart activity is stable/controlled. :crying:

I'm exhausted, but looking forward to things getting back on track at home and with my band. Today's a hectic day...trying to work out the logistics of getting my Dad & kids to a Phillies game today. I had bought the tickets about a month ago at an extremely inflated price. I bribed my BIL to go in my place as I stay home with Mom. My Dad is starting to complain right now of a stomach ache (he always does this when he has something to do, especially if it involves crowds). So, who knows, I'll probably end up at the game if he doesn't go. (Gosh, I hope not!)

Anyway, I'll catch up more and read through the posts more later today.

Thanks again everyone! Major "hugs" to all! :)

G'mornin' Sweeties:biggrin2:

I've been peekin' in every so often and not posting (either busy, tired, or spending time with DH). Sherry, I know it was rough on you and your DH with the IL's there, but you so aptly described everything that you had me smiling and laughing at some points!! Gotta tell ya though, when I got to the end of your post, the part that I could really empathize with, all I wanted to do was:girl_hug:. I can't even tell you how many times I've felt like:banghead: !!! Thank goodness we're more than just about weight! I think I finally calmed down my twitchy butt about this band-weight-loss-time-frame thing by thinkin' "long term"....instead of bandaversaries and such. HEY! here's a thought....maaaaaaaaaaayyyyyybe we're like this to help others know, not to hurt themselves too bad, when beating up on themselves.

So glad to hear things are movin' forward for ya Betty and that you have an appointment!!! And, ooooooooooooh yeah :crying:...DEFINATELY had to take a nap yesterday! It's soooooooo hard to be good when you're on a liquid diet :puke:.....so Pat and I do our best to help each other out with that:rofl:!

Thanks so much for the invitation to your Pool Par-tay! Felt great to laugh THAT MUCH!!!! Imagine: bee-u-tee-ful afternoon, steamed (cleaned) crabs, courtesy of Pat's DS "so thoughful" :) de-lish crab/salmon spread, tasty drinks, panoramic views on the Water, then sundown..... Girls only lounging, laughing, swimming and floating in the "spa-like" pool (with its warming "jets" and Water fountains, ambient lights in the pool gradually changing colors....red, green, blue. Floating on your back stargazing on a clear night. *get the picture :)* Theeeeen, get Pat to go down the water slide! Yea! Tell ya what, you get that combo of things going on and you'll laugh your hindparts off at the funny things "us gals" say (when it's just us gals) :) Wish you could have been there, Donna.

BTW, I had to take a nap the next day....something about that whole "up 'til almost 3:30am" thing :ohmy: LOL

Hope y'all have a great weekend! I had forgotten that I promised to go to a jewelry making class my SIL was teaching today. Takes me about an hour to get there from here and I havn't even showered yet :rofl:! TTYL

Y'all did it......made me jealous, I wanna go to the pool party!! It just isn't fair!!

Although I did have a good time last night. We have the county fair going on, and all the local, or at least local branches of the oilfield companies have a big BBQ cook off. With my DH, and our kids we had ties to 5 different groups!!! And of course Dad was competing hot & heavy against the kids and heaven help them if they called him for cooking advice or the girls wanted something for decorating, he gave them such grief!!! We had lots of fun, and ate lots of good food, you buy your plate, then you can sample any and all you want from all the different companies. They judge for bbq pork, bbq beef, ribs, side dishes, and booth decoration. Then they had the Fair Queens and her group polling to get a peoples choice as well.

We did that, had lots of fun, then I took my grandson Connor to the carnival!

The NSV here, is that not only did I fit into my adult size rides--and DID--I rode the Zipper again a first in 25 years! BUT I also fit to take Connor on the kiddie rides, he was so small he had to have an adult take him----and I fit!

On these little planes, we were on, there were 2 girls in front of us, about 7ish. Into being the center of attention etc. So when the ride began they started screaming, and putting their hands in the air---like you do on a roller coaster. Well Connor thought that was the way to do---so he screamed and threw his hands in the air-------on everything!! Including the carousel!!! People laughed at him all night long, I had the best time!!!

At one point, the kids were tearing down their booth, and my inlaws had left, and so Rick and I took Connor to the carnival by ourselves, was sooooooo nice, he behaved so much differently without his parents!!!

Tomorrow night we are taking Kinsey----they had another work related thing to attend last night. Then she is spending the night, because I have to take my Dad to Albq. on Tuesday and our back up plan fell through last night as for a babysitter for her! Then on Wed. my son has hernia surgery. So it will be a busy week, if you don't hear from me.

Trish, glad to hear Mom is improving. Hope your Dad decides to go, but places with lots of people can be really overwhelming to older people---and the thought of the bleachers might make him uneasy too, fear of falling. We just hosted the Connie Mack (HS age) World Series in our town, and we had an older man fall in the bleachers one night, and when I took the ice over, waiting for them to transport him--he kept saying, "I was afraid I was gonna fall, I am always afraid I am gonna fall" --- so your Dad isn't alone if he backs out of going.

Betty, do you have an idea of a time frame now for surgery??

Sherry---we are going for a late afternoon, early evening ride today---we won't make 200 miles, no time for that. BUT Rick is off beginning on Tuesday, and I get to choose activity for the weekend (my birthday---MY choice!!) so I might choose to go somewhere cool-----into the mountains for my day!!!!

Everyone else take care---Eileen it is the weekend---where ya at? Jessica, keep up the good work---Diane---take another nap & go back to Pats and have fun for ME!!!!!

Y'all take care, I'll check in later!!

Hugs~~

Kat