Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Jersey August Chat

Betty, I'd still be posting on July, LOL.

Sherry, you did have the last post!

Donna, you and Diane will have to come over one day next week, I'll give you a call or send u a message. Have fun with DD.

Gotta run clean my house, my housekeeper got here early, yikes, I usually clean before she gets here, LOL.

Good afternoon girls. Betty, thanks for starting a new thread for us.

Jessica- you have done a fabulous time with your weight the past 9 months. Any secrets you can share?

Pat- I'd be happy to get together with you and Diane. I have my first fill on Wednesday so we can Celebrate that! (not that we need a reason to celebrate.)

Have a terrific weekend everyone. :cursing:

Donna

Hi everyone,

Do you mind me joining your group?

I live in Howell, NJ, being banded on September 9. Very scared. My dh is on his 2nd tour going to Iraq. So I am basically alone, well my Mother will be with me for the surgery.

I am so looking for some buddies to do this with.

Thanks

michaele (pronounced michelle)

Of course we don't mind....the more the merrier! Is your husband stationed at Fort Dix? My nephew is in Iraq now as well. I will keep them both in my prayers.

This is a really supportive group here.

Donna

Edited by dj_bryan
it didn't work right! I'm bummed! LOL

No he is in Fort Bliss TX. thank you so much, I need all the prayers I can get.

welcome to the group Michaele!!! the ladies here are very helpful with anything that you can think of to ask. Your husband and all of our soldiers are in my daily prayers - give him a big hug for me when he comes home.

Donna - I wish I had the secret to my weight loss but im not really sure what im doing that is so different. I dont have a fill so im sure I over eat on occasion but I do work out 4-5 times a week and make sure im eating right. I do still eat some bad things but nowhere near what I did before surgery. I somehow managed to lose 13 pounds while on vacation. I was only eating 2 meals a day but I was eating dessert with both of those meals :-0 I guess dancing for 3-4 hours every night helped out alot. but no matter how it happened I will take it!!

have a great weekend ladies!

Donna, I think you're already on the same track Jetti used, small goals. Good luck with the fill. We'll talk before Wed :wink2:.

Eileenie, what you doing this morning? You're usually here before now.

Diane, sorry I missed your call, we rode up to Yorktown, had the top down and didn't hear the phone.

Sherry, what's up girl?

Betty, it's supposed to be a really good pool day here, 93, but supposed to feel like 100..yikes!

Has anyone watched Emril cooking "green" on the green channel? These chefs always make everything look so easy.

Have a great day ladies.

Oh yes, welcome Michaele.

Good Morning Y'all!

I am trying to get all my chores done early, it is supposed to be 106/107 today with a heat index of 110/112!

Welcome Michaele! Glad to have you aboard!

Pat - I'll trade my weather for yours!

Donna - Good luck with your fill!

Diane - Glad work has been better for a few days anyway!

Eileen - You are late today! Hope you are alright!

Sherry - What are you doing today? You are always so busy!

Kat - I bet you are going riding today!

Trish - Are you rested up yet?

Well, sorry this is so short, but I need to run to home depo and I want it done early!

Later girls!

Jessica- you have done a fabulous time with your weight the past 9 months. Any secrets you can share?

Ditto to this! Jess, you have done tremendous. My new hero....losing on vacation! You really have had great success. Kudos to you!

am so looking for some buddies to do this with.

Thanks

michaele (pronounced michelle)

Michaele: Welcome! I'm a relative newbie here too. The more the merrier!

Trish - Are you rested up yet?

Well, sorry this is so short, but I need to run to home depo and I want it done early!

Later girls!

Betty: Rested, heck no! I returned to work on Thursday and they finally relocated my office while I was gone. (I've been trying to have things moved for months....) I still have lots of unpacking to do!

Did you say 106 degrees? Yikes!!! We've been having our share of t-storms lately. The positive...my lawn no longer looks like the Sahara. :Banane34:

Sherry: What's cookin' this weekend? Or, rather what's on tap? :)

Pat: You are always so busy doin' something here and there! You must have great energy.

Kat: I almost got to visit our local rodeo tonight for the 1st time. (They are Saturday nights only, Summer only). T-Storms has put it on hold until next weekend. Glad to see you back on this board!

Donna: Good luck with your fill. I think that I will be needing another soon. I feel as if I can still eat more than I should. I was hoping that I could be one of those that needed just one fill. Not realistic though... Glad to hear you had a great vacation too. My next vacation is minus my kids!

Diane: How's it going? You've had great success too! This question is for you and all the others that have lost...do you still steadily lose now or does it plateau the closer you get to goal? Or, do you mindfully plateau because you are comfortable at your current weight?

I finally had my first "clean out" of my closet today. It's taken 31lbs for me to start to toss some of my current sized clothes. Yesterday at work, my side-zippered pants hung like pajama pants. So, they are going in the goodwill bag. They used to fit like "skin on a baloney!" LOL I have about a large trashbag full. Now, I just will have to work through the several sizes of clothes that I have sadly hung on to. It will be fun once my closet shrinks and I can fill it up with new clothes! (Okay, thats probably about 1 1/2 years away!)

Hello my friends. I couldn't find our new thread this morning lol. Always takes me a while hahaha. I'm here tough but, can't stay. I have my in-laws visiting from NY. I'll fill you in later though...UGH heh heh

Welcome Michaele - You're in good hands in here or should I say good keyboards heh heh. Welcome...sit beside us for a while and also....may I thank you and your hubby for all you do for us :teeth_smile: (You'll fine me quite the patriotic gal the others will fill ya in lol. )

Miss you folks...I'll try to get in here tonight...not sure because my company isn't leaving until Monday some time. Hugs!

Good morning everyone,

Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I am so excited and freaked, my surgery date is September 9! That is only a month away! Oh man! I think the most I am so freaked about, besides the actual surgery, is trying to imagine myself thinner. I can't! I try and picture it, but I just can't!

Does that happen to any of you?

Do you guys ever meet up anywhere for coffee or something?

That would be great to do.

Have a good Sunday,

Michaele

Good Morning Y'all!

Well, nothing worked as planned yesterday, my dh come in shortly after I posted and wanted to go for a ride up to get get Breakfast. I decided it was a nice idea if I didn't have to cook. Of course we had to go out riding by the lake too! It was a nice ride and we got home before it got too hot. My company didn't come so that made it even nicer. I just needed some me time this weekend. Of course the day isn't over. It is supposed to hit the 107 today, so I have already went out and watered everything so it won't die.l We stayed in all afternoon yesterday and just rested.

Opps, dh is ready to go to home depo, gotta run, will check back in later.

Diane: How's it going? You've had great success too! This question is for you and all the others that have lost...do you still steadily lose now or does it plateau the closer you get to goal? Or, do you mindfully plateau because you are comfortable at your current weight?

Thanks Trish! The weight loss was steady in the beginning (for me, almost exclusively from the band), then it was time to step up to the plate...exercise, being more careful with food choices. During that time I hit a major plateau and was nowhere near goal! So now I try not to stress about it. If I'm real good, the scale moves in the right direction...if not, it's cause I've had too many "sugary" drinks :teeth_smile: or hit too many M&M's! LOL!

Jessica:welldone2: Losing weight while on vacation!! I'm glad to see ya back! I just know you and your friend had a fabulous time in the DR! Man, you are a fantastic inspiration to all of us! I would love, love, love to see some progress pics of you, you've done so well! I replied to a gal, some time ago, who was so bummed out about her slow loss WL. I told her not to give up. Some lose faster than others (for a variety of reasons). And you, my dear, just might be the next face of LBT! Me, on the other hand, well...I'm on the 5 yr. plan, LOL!!!!!

Pat, I'd love to get together with you gals again! call me.

Michaele, glad to have you aboard!! I can relate to most of the stuff that you're feeling about being banded. My greatest joy in this journey (other than the Weight Loss) was the support, advice and understanding that I got from those on this site. I'm not from NJ. I'm from Williamsburg, VA but once I got here and discovered what a great group of folks are here, I stayed!

Betty, Donna, Sherry, Kat, Eileen, Chrispy Thinkin' of y'all!

gotta go now TTYL