Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FIRST FILL TODAY 07/31/08 (experience)

It wasn't that bad I did start to sweat as I watched on the monitor. I can't do needles even when the area is numbed. Well as he was going in he bent the needle that was so :angry: embarrassing, and he said that its ok it happens all the time I was like yea right. So he started off with 3.5cc and he asked me to swallow Water, but weird thing is I was lying down how is water suppose to go right down ward?!?!?!?!?!? Well it felt like it was stuck in my throat, so he took it down to 3ccs, nope same thing water felt like it came back up, then he took it to 2.7ccs and I felt it go down and not come back or stay in my throat. So there you have it only 2.7ccs for my first fill I felt it should be more :biggrin: but he knows, he's the doctor. Doesn't 2.7ccs sound like it's a small fill????? I don't know maybe i am beign to agressive on myself??

Thing is i didn't eat since this morning and I didn't eat lunch so needless to say I am starving and my stomach is growling and I mean growling my friends that went with me could hear it in the car that was embarrasing!! All i can eat now is Clear liquids until tomorrow but I am so hungry but now know there is no way I am going to eat and get stuck on my very first fill!!!! Ok there you have it my fill experience...

I only had a 2.5 cc on my first fill and 1cc on my second and still haven't reached restriction .Would far rather go slow though than too tight and hurt the band and our pouch..My Dr said if Water doesn't go down east just imagine how food will feel ..It is gonna happen we just have to gut through this... You take care and keep posting .

Thank you for your post, I am 3 weeks away from my first fill and I have been curious.

slinderella2b,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will let you know how mine goes on the 7th. At least the first one is over.:biggrin:

It wasn't that bad I did start to sweat as I watched on the monitor. I can't do needles even when the area is numbed. Well as he was going in he bent the needle that was so :biggrin: embarrassing, and he said that its ok it happens all the time I was like yea right. So he started off with 3.5cc and he asked me to swallow Water, but weird thing is I was lying down how is Water suppose to go right down ward?!?!?!?!?!? Well it felt like it was stuck in my throat, so he took it down to 3ccs, nope same thing water felt like it came back up, then he took it to 2.7ccs and I felt it go down and not come back or stay in my throat. So there you have it only 2.7ccs for my first fill I felt it should be more :biggrin: but he knows, he's the doctor. Doesn't 2.7ccs sound like it's a small fill????? I don't know maybe i am beign to agressive on myself??

Thing is i didn't eat since this morning and I didn't eat lunch so needless to say I am starving and my stomach is growling and I mean growling my friends that went with me could hear it in the car that was embarrasing!! All i can eat now is Clear Liquids until tomorrow but I am so hungry but now know there is no way I am going to eat and get stuck on my very first fill!!!! Ok there you have it my fill experience...

Today was my first fill, too! I had a totally different experience. I went in, my Dr told me he would put 3cc in my 10cc band. He gently put the needle in. I barely felt anything at all without any numbing or any thing to guide it. He knew exactly what he was doing. I am very confident in him because of his reputation and experience. Today, I feel definitely alot more restriction but no pain. Just full after a few sips of Protein shake and excited that I will have success. He told me to come back in 2 weeks and then three weeks after that and I will then probably really be on my way to losing. Yea!

Anyway, try a HIGH Protein Shake. That really does the trick taking away my hunger. Good luck. It does take a few fills before you are comfortable and hope your experiences with the fills will be better! Make sure the Dr who knows what he is doing does them!

slinderella2b,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will let you know how mine goes on the 7th. At least the first one is over.:biggrin:

You got it!!! Yea but I want another one LOL! I want to lose this weight I gained 5lbs and he was like that is completely normal I was so scared that is why I didn't eat, but he was like no you are fine when your band starts to work and you don't lose then we will worry but right now you have nothing in there it's completely normal!!! ( that was before the fill)

Thanks everyone!

You're on your way! Had my 1st fill last week and doc put in 6cc (I have a 14cc band). Had some problem w/ food getting stuck but today I was able to eat some slices of steak. Getting there....slowly but surely.

I was banded on 7/7 and had my first band on 7/31. My fill was a good experience and 1 1/2 dayed stayed on liquids.< /p>

I had a really stressful day all day yeaterday dealing with old family issues and when I when everyone finally left, I had that tremendous urge to get rid of all those feelings by stuffing myself. I had not eaten all day because I knew I was being 'watched' only one Protein Shake in the morning, so off I went and thing is I stayed with mushies and was able to keep it in. I mean it was a famililiar feeling that I am so working on getting rid of. At the time, it did make me feel so much better. I feel miserable and full this morning. New day, onward, just wondering how you guys deal with this and if you have experiences like this.

I went for my first fill yesterday and they said I could not have one since I was not 30 days out...I am going back Thursday!!! They are only putting 1 cc in my 10cc band, so yours is a lot compared to mine ;-)