Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introducing myself.....

I've been lurking around here for a couple of months but I thought since I'm having my surgery in two weeks that I should officially introduce myself....

I live in Washington State. I've been married for almost eight years. WE don't have any children as I have a horrible case of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Sydrome).

I decided a couple of years ago that I was tired of being fat and didn't want to live the rest of my life like this. I have a friend that had gastric bypass and while i was researching it I found the lap band and I knew that was the option for me.

I'm self pay and am going to Mexico. I'm a little nervous but I want really want this.

anyway that's about it and I'm excited to be part of this community!

Reflections:

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. I've struggled with my weight now for 29 years (ok maybe only 25 smile.gif ).

6 months ago I didn't know that lap band surgery existed. I've been freaking out for the last several years knowing that I didn't want to live the rest of my life fat and unhappy. I didn't know what to do anymore but I knew that I couldn't live my life like this anymore.

Thanks to this board I am now 2 weeks away from having my surgery. I'm making it happen for me. I'm self pay, have found the funding and am proud of myself that I took the steps to research this, get the money and schedule the surgery. I'm going to have a new tool and I'm going to succeed. I keep telling myself this over and over. I just cried yesterday because I'm so happy. there is finally hope. By the time I turn 30 in 364 days I hope to be close to goal. I'm going to be healthier, I'm going to be active and I hope to be an inspiration to others.

So here's to the start of a new chapter in my life and I can't even wait!!

Ruthie welcome to LBT!!!! I'm so happy for you...congratulations on taking the biggest step towards a healthier you!!! I've had my band a little over 2 months and I love it. You will be so glad you made the decision to get your band!!! Please keep us posted on how your surgeru goes when your feeling better. Remember there are lots of old posts loaded with info that might help you through your journey. If you got a question don't hesitate to come and post often.. you will learn so much as you go!

Whats your current weight and whats your goal?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Congratulations and welcome to LBT! I want to encourage you in the baby department. I know many women who have PCOS who have lost weight and or taken medication and then became pregnant.

My friend who was told that she'd never have a child due to severe PCOS and issues with her hubby, lost 40 pounds, and was on a med too. She not only became pregnant, but now has a beautiful 6 month old baby girl.

I also have a friend who is due to deliver her 2nd child any day now, and both were conceived using glucophage and clomid.

So good luck to you, and if you ever need a little support just give a holler.

Congratulations again! ~Kelly

Welcome Ruthie! I have the same feelings a decade later. I just turned 40 this month and found this ray of HOPE! I, too, cried when I realized this was possible. SO tired of being fat. So now I am 7 weeks post-op and down 16 pounds and counting! (I think I might be stepping off my plateau...2 days ago I weighed 207, a new low, then yesterday, still 207, whew! and today, 206.8. wow!) It can happen and it will! You will find the ways to make it work and this little band friend makes all the difference in the world when you do it right. It isn't always easy, but it works.

There are several ladies on the board who suffer with PCOS. Let me find a link to a thread where you'll have some nice reading...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6988

Okay, Lynn has two threads going with the same title and I saw that you replied to one, but there are 9 replies on the other thread, the link posted above, so go there and post again about your PCOS. I'm sure you will get good support. Lynn is a smart gal and so is burnsun, and I know there are others.

So, who is your doc? How much weight are you looking to lose? So I guess you are a June Bandster and you should put your name on the ajune list, there's a thread going around...okay, I'll post a link...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6949&highlight=June

There. You are all set!

Welcome to LBT! Hope to see more (oh, LESS!) of you soon. :)

Ruthie, congratulations on getting a new "lease on life"! You are in for a wonderful journey....one that you and your husband can share together. So many great changes lying ahead for you! And if pregnancy isn't in the cards, how about adoption? I did, twice. The only difference is, they were born in my heart, not in my womb. You sound so happy and excited! Best of luck to you!

Ruthie - it sounds like you have a great attitude and are ready for the changes in your life. I was banded 5 days ago and wish it had been done 2 years ago. good luck and keep us updated as you go through the preparation and surgery.

Celeste