Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded & Hoping to get Preg - join in!

Hello,

Hubby & I are currently trying for our first baby! We've only been working on our little project since mid-July, but I'd love to hear your words of wisdom or tips for acheiving pregnancy! I will say first of all, that while most bandsters are supposed to wait a minimum of a year/attain goal weight before getting pregnant, I have special health issues that can no longer wait. I fully support and agree with the theory of waiting, but we have been told by Gyno and Band docs that we better start a family soon, or lose the chance.

So join me on my journey, and I'll keep you posted as well! I am SO EXCITED!

I'll be there with you in another month or so. My Dr gave me permission to start a little early too, but wants me to wait six months, so I'm looking at Oct/Nov to start TTC. However, I'd sure love to join in with y'all now. (Between infertility issues and my age, I got the go ahead to start early.)

Hi Kristy and LosingJusme!

First of all, thanks so much for your replies! Losing, you made me laugh out loud! I'm working on both bits of advice you gave, thanks so much! Mostly I'm just very excited and a bit of an impulsive person, so of course, (in Veruca Salt's immortal words:) I want it NOW! Side note: Losing, I've followed your blog (found thru LisetheLoser) for several months now and I am very happy for you to be growing a little baby bean! Your blog is awesome.

Kristy, keep me posted on your progress as well! I'm from Tucson originally. I was born at TMC and my parents went to Catalina HS. Most of my parents families still live there, mostly near Rita Ranch and Swan/Grant Road. I love Arizona! They have the nicest people on the planet...

I'm just really hoping/praying/obsessing that this happens soon for us. My weight has been at a plateau for the past 2 weeks or so...if I could just reach 40 lbs, I'd be thrilled. Currently at 39 or so.

I'm just really hoping/praying/obsessing that this happens soon for us. My weight has been at a plateau for the past 2 weeks or so...if I could just reach 40 lbs, I'd be thrilled. Currently at 39 or so.

my advice - dont obsess about it the first few months... like 4-6... it'll stress you out like nothing and a happy mommy to be could be just that - a mommy to be... :)

if after a few months, (and the aforementioned tons of sex) it doesnt happen, then obsess a little bit...

good luck and most of all - HAVE FUN!!!

Your family all lives in Egypt compared to where I do. (I'm out in Marana near Cortaro and I-10. lol)

I have to agree with the NO STRESSING!!! I'm all Veruca Salt about that too, but it's good advice. It took us a lttle over 8 years to get Jack- who was also my ninth preg. (UGH!!!!) It was when we finally gave up and decided we'd enjoy our lives and travel for a year or two THEN adopt when it finally happened one, uh, VERY good Halloween. HA HA HA. (As the joke goes....we were both pirates that year and my husband told me "Shiver me timber." ROFLMAO)

hi guys,

i started having some early preg symptoms so i took a test, big fat negative. oh well! i knew we'd be WAY too lucky to get it our first month. i am a bit sad though. Hubby picked up the tests and he got the ones that say you can use the day AFTER you miss your period. well, mine's due tomorrow, so maybe there's a teenie chance i took it too early, but i doubt it. just wanted to keep you posted!

send baby dust my way!

Sending baby dust your way! Did you use your first morning urine? If not that CAN cause it to read negative this early. GOOD LUCK and let us know!

Well I lost lots of weight and having lots of sex..

We started trying only in July, so 1 failed attempt so far lol.

I'm trying not to obsess about it, I am giving it a year before I go to the doctor for tests. Due to a pelvic kidney they wanted to do tests last year to make sure my tubes function right and whatever.. but I bailed on it, figured I'd try au natural first.

Not that I have been looking at websites (hehehe) but they said everyone's hormones show up differently, and some people can have a false negative up to a week after 1st day of missed period. And some people can be read as early as 7 days after ovulation (if you had the perfect timing, this would be about 2 weeks before period.)

Thanks guys for all the kind words! A little update/more info: since getting off the Pill in October, I've had VERY random, odd cycles. Pretty much January, February, May and July...so it's kinda like every 8-10 weeks I get a cycle?!? The sites and books say the same thing...if you have truly inconsistent periods, try constantly and take 1 test a week. I took another test yesterday from the Dollar Store. I looked and the same experts say dollar store tests are just fine, as long as you make sure they're not expired. The only thing I am wondering (let me know if you have the answer!) is if we should also do the Ovulation Test Strips? I kinda think you have to start the strips on a certain day after your period ends, but since mine ended July 13 and I've gone 2 or 3 months at a time, I'm unsure of if this is worth it at all. On the other hand, with someone who's cycles are as jacked up as mine, it can be REALLY hard to know when our best conceiving chances are gonna be.

It's funny how we've only been trying about a month and it can fill my thoughts so many hours of the day! Here's hoping!

Hey Ej,

You might want to keep an eye on your discharge... I know that's gross but that's when you are usually ovulating - when you have a slimy whitish discharge. You can usually see it on your undies or on your tp when you wipe - I know - gross and tmi but seriously - that's what I look for and it's easier to see that than use an ovulation kit! Read some of the baby websites about this..

i was banded on june 24th,08. I know some people would think its way to soon to be trying for a baby but we had been trying for over 2 years when we put it on hold to have the lap band surgery. We have both come agreement that we are ready and there is no better time than now to start trying. So i my cycle started on aug 11 and on aug 15 i stated my clomid and femara. I go on friday and have a ultra sound to check my egg size. If my egg size are atleast a 20 i will get a trigger shot to stimulate my ovaries to release the egg .then on to baby dancing every other night in hopes of a big fat positive around september 9.so i have offically joined the group of trying to conceive. Thanks for all the support you ladies give on this site....

Michelle I wish you much luck in babyland! I took a 3rd test this morning due to STILL no TOM (was due 8/5) and feeling nauseaous. It was negative, so I'm thinking I have some psycho-somatic issues with thinking I may be preg and being more in tune with my body has caused me to question every little twinge and pain. I will be calling the doc to see if the fact that I've always had irregular cycles should be cause for concern or if I should still give it a few months. After all, being logical about this, we've only been trying 2 months. Anyhoo, there are plenty of women with irregular cycles who conceived no problem, right? I am trying to keep an eye on the cervical mucus as well...fun!

well i wish the best of luck to all of you....just remember dont stress about it.... we werent even trying and look at what happend LOL...

EJ MY LOVE:: i feel it coming hunny...you need to talk to you doc about getting some progestron to get your cycle going again...and i would get the answer ovulation kit...its like 30 sticks for 20 bucks..that way you can test a lot....

to everyone else....i will send you a lot of baby dust...just keep being positive it will happen i promise!!!!

i had bad pcos...irreg. periods....we tried 2 years with no baby....finaly we put it on hold i had surgery and the month we decided to start trying NEXT month..i get preg that month LOL so yeah!! its possible!!!

BABY DUST TO ALL and much love!:)