Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2007 Bandsters still on their journey

Becky,

What a wonderful post. A New Year's Resolution in August. I love it!! My second year I will make goal! So, to do this I need to also eat properly 90% of the time and get the exercise up to 5 days a week. I am joining a gym with my girlfriend. My DS goes there also. He said he will work with me on strength training. I need to drive consistency into my banded life now. Make the commitment and stick with it for life!! :)

Jody, You've got a great plan. Joining the gym with a friend is a proven technique for success. Put yourself and your goals at the top and the list. The surprising consequence is that you end up being so much more available and ready to meet other people's needs when you are well cared for. It sounds like consistency is your mantra for year number two.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.......

Year one was awesome.......in year 2 my (our) challenge is going to be "how to live as a healthy, fit, thin woman"

I am counting on the Crazy Ates to be my experience strength and hope for this new chapter.

Michee, I'm right there with you on this one. I think this next phase is going to take as much focus as the past year has required. I've had lots of experience dieting but not so much with the "how to live as a healthy, fit, thin woman" part. We'll get through this part too!

Now my biggest problem is gonna be: "what clothing styles look best when you have a flat stomach? " LOL!!

To quote my husband, "What a TERRIBLE problem to have!" LOL

I showed my daughter the other day what I might look like in side profile (with my pannus lifted and pulled to the front) and she couldn't believe it! She even commented I might be smaller than her post-PS! (Watch her, she'll get really serious on diet and exercise if I start creeping into her sizes! LOL)

Seriously tho', I'm still battling the mental issues. My brain is constantly telling me I WON'T lose much more, that I'll still be fat, etc., etc. Possibly thinking I'll stuff some food just to shut it up, IDK. :crying:

Ok August Crazy Ates - Becky posted on how far we all have come but posed a serious question. I, for one, would like to see our thread become more active just like myself!! Here is Becky's post:

I’m going to commit to stay focused on eating a healthy, well balanced bandster’s diet. I’m not going for perfection, but I’m going to shoot for eating well 90% of the time. I’m also going to keep exercising, because it makes me feel good about myself. What are you going to do?

I posted that I also need to eat well 90% of the time but also need to kick the exercise into high gear for at least 5 times a week. Looks like a gym membership is in my future with my friend, Theresa.

Let's hear your answer to her question on what are you going to do?

Talk it up folks. We all need support!!:w00t::biggrin::cool2::biggrin:

Seriously tho', I'm still battling the mental issues. My brain is constantly telling me I WON'T lose much more, that I'll still be fat, etc., etc. Possibly thinking I'll stuff some food just to shut it up, IDK. :w00t:

The negative self talk is a killer. We have to make a conscious effort to replace all that negative thinking with positive stuff. I believe that you will lose a lot more weight. You're a banded Crazy Ate for heavens sake! Keep your eyes on goal and that plastic surgery that will make you feel like a new woman. You'll get there! Keep coming here too and talking about it. It really does help to keep your focus.

Jody, I know you're going to be at goal in the near future. You have the focus and the right attitude. Keep plugging away girl. And like Jody said, what about the rest of you? Let's hear from some more of the Crazy Ates.

Hi all!

Yes, I'm here! We all need to keep up the positive self-talk and the postive words with each other! Becky is right....we are Crazy Ates for heaven's sake! WE ARE CRAZY ATES! Who can? We can!!!

Alright, alright, high school football season can get me all riled up.....

We've come 1 year---365+ days---on our journey. And, we've got a ways to travel. The road never stops....the journey NEVER ends. It only has twists and turns and detours. We're all traveling it together.

Put on your sunglasses sweeties! Roll down the window and let the window blow back your hair! We're on the road......!

Yeah, I'm punch drunk........it's been a long day!

Judi

The negative self talk is a killer. We have to make a conscious effort to replace all that negative thinking with positive stuff. I believe that you will lose a lot more weight. You're a banded Crazy Ate for heavens sake! Keep your eyes on goal and that plastic surgery that will make you feel like a new woman. You'll get there! Keep coming here too and talking about it. It really does help to keep your focus.

Thanks, Becky.

I emailed Dr. LoMonaco's office earlier to see about setting up a preliminary consultation. I'm nudging up on that -100 lbs mark, slowly but surely. That's been my primary goal for so long, I'm sort of lost as to what to focus on next. You post-PS girls are my inspiration. I'm going to start looking in that direction.

Now -- to get out of this chair and off to the gym!!!

I'm still here too! Going slowly and surely. One thing is for sure, I need to get back into the swing of going to the gym again. It's been a few months with every excuse under the sun as to why I don't feel like going. Who knows maybe if I actually get my butt back into gear and start doing more than just walking the pounds will start flying off again like I've wanted them to all along. I'm going to try to log in more often as well. I certainly need the support. Great job crazy ates! Let's continue to encourage each other and keep up the good work!

Logging on and seeing everyone else's great progress has given me a dose of motivation. Thank you! I really needed that!