Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My G.R.I.T.S

Hi, smsmithart

I was just sitting here reading the threads and saw that you are from

mobile ala..I'm from Fairhope Ala. (across the bay) I'm really glad to

see that someone from my area is in this forum.

Hey i was born down south in tenn. As foras bush he forgot about everybody but his folks you know? Well i am still praying for you all don therei had the pleasure of working with some would say victims for katrinia but i say the blessed because god saw fit to save whom he chose so you to are blessed. I live in alton ill. Where some that were force to evacuate were lodged so the tradgedy there brought new freinds and some new neighbors here may god continue to bless you all. Now how is you banding coming i 'll be having mine on th20th of this month i was sitting here chating and noticed as i went to rest my hand under myu stomache as i many time s do that there is not as much stomche there wow! Btu that is from diet and the liquid diet i haven't weighed in about 3 weeks so i won't be weighing until after that. So look foward to chatting soon

What's up! I am in Chattanooga TN.

cheese grits with bacon are off the chain, and sorry but chitterlings with some candied yams and hot sauce has got it going on too!:thumbup:

I am not banded yet. Hopefully my paperwork was sent in today.

Good luck to us all!:wink2:

Hey everyone, Thalia here from Tulsa, OK. Born in Lakenheath, England but was raised here in OK and in Hunstville, AL and Buloxi, MS. ;)

Up here we mix our grits with scrambled eggs and a lil bacon or sausage, whatchu know bout that??

Yet to be banded. I have submitted to BCBS and am still waiting for approval. :thumbup::eek::tt1:

Be blessed!

Where are my GRITS....Girls Raised in The South. Come on ya'll we gotta represent. No disrespect to the North, East, or West. Just want to see who is here from the dirty,dirty. I am from New Orleans, Louisiana. I'm sure you've heard of the place. The city Katrina tried to wipe off the map, and the place apparently George Bush forgot about following Katrina. Sorry, I digress. So Holl Ya'll:w00t:

FYI: I will be getting banded on July 25, Yay:thumbup:

BORN and raised in the SOUTH, CAROLINA that is. Had my band 8/21/08 in CONWAY, SC by DR. BALDER. I am doing fantastic. lets keep in touch.:biggrin::cool2:

Oh my!! I haven't been here in soooo long. So much has changed - I love it!

My name is Riechelle and I live in Houston (born & raised)

Hello ladies :whatchutalkingabout

Hey Ladies,

I'm not from the south but I'm definitely representing the midwest KCMO (Kansas City, MO). The elders in my family were from Texas and a large part of my distant relatives are still down in Texas. I do consider myself an honorary Texan. I'm sorry how can you not have some of that southern vibe rub off on you when you were raised and surrounded by family that were born and raised in Texas. I also went to school in Texas for a while.

I know one thing this midwest girl loves her some grits with plenty of butter and sugar and a side of scramble eggs with green onions chopped up in there and throw some cheese on them eggs for good measure. Lawd Have Mercy Child! :whatchutalkingabout

Oh my!! I haven't been here in soooo long. So much has changed - I love it!

My name is Riechelle and I live in Houston (born & raised)

Hello ladies :whatchutalkingabout

OMG!!!!

It is ssssssoooooo good to hear/see you again!!!! When I saw the rock--I had to scroll up to look at see "Nina"...I am so glad to see you back!!! How has the weight loss gone for you? Please let us know...You were such an encouragement to me when I first got the band!!!1

Well I am from Alabama, but I live in Maryland. We are officially the beginning and the end of the south, since we straddle the mason dixie line. So (as I butt my way through) I hope ya don't mind a sista joining in with my southern folks. I know what grits are and I love them! I recently ran out, cause I like my Jimmy Dandy grits, but they are made differently in MD, so I have to wait until I visit Mom's to get the kind I like.

I just wanted to say Hello! to all the sista. I am loving this women of color group. I can't say that I was getting bored with the other forums, but I was needing to hear from my sistas. Sometimes our experience is far different, and you need someone that looks like you to connect with.

I look forward to the many chats with you all.

OMG!!!!

It is ssssssoooooo good to hear/see you again!!!! When I saw the rock--I had to scroll up to look at see "Nina"...I am so glad to see you back!!! How has the weight loss gone for you? Please let us know...You were such an encouragement to me when I first got the band!!!1

(((Hey Big"not-so-big"Baby!!)))

How are you?! I am great! I have seen your pic and you look FA-BU-LOUS!!! I am glad to see that you are doing so well.

This journey has been great, I would not change a thing - the good and not so good. The weightloss has only been on part of it. I am still not at my goal weight (i try not to focus on weight so much but how I look) but I feel great. I'd like to lose about 20 more lbs. I lift heavy so I am sure that's why the scale doesn't move much.