Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major Bandster HELL!!!

Ok I am not going to spill my guts because at this moment I am not up to listening to anyone jump on my case of I am wrong this and that...so what I am going to tell and ask are 2 different things ok.

I am only going to tell you is I am weak I am 4 weeks out I am hungry and I have eaten things I should not have!

Which brings me to the question of when you get fills do they curb that appetite too, or do you have to have just as much will power as I SO NEED right now????? I am not saying completely shut my hunger down but the fills do help in that department right please tell me it does becasue I sure do not want to be PB'ing all the time!!!! AND I need help in the hunger dept. Ok I am ready! Oh my first fill is not until July 31st :cool2:

To be honest...I thought the first month was the hardest of all. You are right...you do crave food......I can suggest what worked for me was to use protien. I got the protien bullets....(they taste like kool-aid) and they were my dearest friend.

Hang in there...it will get easier....when the weight starts coming off and you look at this, you will be wow!

Another suggestion that helped....I got OUT OF THE HOUSE when I started craving something...that is how I started getting on my bike more...or go for a short walk....and take Water with you.....

Stay strong...it is worth it:rolleyes2:

Thank you Hoosier! I need to do someting I am going to go crazy or rather I feel like I am. I do have the whey Protein 42gr. I drink everyday! Ok I just have to get through this!

(((Hugs))) I feel your pain. I'm in pre-bandster hell right now. I can't tell you how many times I've said in the past week that I was going to forget getting banded tomorrow because I'm so stinkin' hungry. I want to pig out so badly right now.

You can do this Slinderella!!!! Get you something to keep your hands busy.... busy hands can't be putting things in the mouth I have found from personal experience, not that I have that much or have been banded that long, but I am a pro at being hungry and working hard to find something else to occupy my time. :cool2:

you can get them online at GNC or I beleive they are called NEW WHEY....Gosh they sure do beat the drinks...gag!!!!

Just remember....you dont have to do this alone...we are all here for you. We have been there.

I am a year out, and I still have cravings and weakness....which is why my weight has stalled. I got comfortable, and got lazy with my diet....

good luck.....and try the bullets...sometimes I will drink a little and than add some Water so it is not so thick...makes it easier to.

The grape is my favorite

Most say it takes approx 3 fills to hit your sweet spot, because they dont want to do the fills too aggressively, so after your first fill, you probably will have some resistance, but not as much as you need.

I just got attacked elsewhere for having two SF popsicles and some V8, etc. ??!! At least I didnt eat something worse. I got lectured about not grazing and snacking and that I need to check my attitude. Easy to say after you are already at your sweetspot.

....from another in bandster heck.

I just got attacked elsewhere for having two SF popsicles and some V8, etc. ??!! At least I didnt eat something worse. I got lectured about not grazing and snacking and that I need to check my attitude. Easy to say after you are already at your sweetspot.

Gee, if you were going to have something I don't think you could've made better choices than what you did. You did good!

If you try the Protein bullets, I really like the fruit punch. I like to mix mine with crystal light. The fruit punch bullet in the fruit punch crystal light is my favorite! I mix 1/2 of the 42 g bullet with a glass of crystal light. If you need a protein boost in a jam, you can just down in a couple of gulps half of the bullet. The have saved me!

You got attacked? Who would do that? These first few months are such a struggle, we all need to support one another.

I was banded on May 15th and have had 4 fills, and I still don't have restriction. I realize I'm lucky to have had that many fills already. I really feel bad for those who have to wait months and months for 4 fills and then still have no restriction. But that being said, it's frustrating for me. I've lost an average of 2 pounds a week but it's from sheer dieting, just like before I had the band.

I've been a big lapband cheerleader but I'm getting frustrated too. I'm scheduled for my next fill in 9 days and at this point I'm not sure whether to keep hacking away at this familiar old diet, or will I sabatage myself by doing so, so that I lose weight and they don't want to give me a fill because I'm losing well already? I was at a support group meeting where everyone around me was saying "Oh I can't eat that much, I have a band" but... I knew that I could eat "that much". I feel like I've been invited to join this club but now that I'm going to the meetings, they won't fully accept me!

It does get better. I still remember those days of wanting to eat something, anything. Right now you are still healing and your body is still adjusting. I'm about 3 months out and I've gotten to where food isn't the center of my world any more. I don't crave as much as I used to and it has gotten easier for me to say no to the foods I used to love. I also find that I'm hardly ever really hungry, but I also try to eat on a schedule that keeps me from getting that way. I eat because I need to. I feel better than I ever have. You'll get there too, it just takes some time. Just do the best you can to get through this rough spot and know that it does get better!

Edited by Bea1128
left out a sentence

Most say it takes approx 3 fills to hit your sweet spot, because they dont want to do the fills too aggressively, so after your first fill, you probably will have some resistance, but not as much as you need.

flowers,

I think people sometimes forget we are all here for support, encouragement and understanding. We all have our ups and downs and we could all, at some time or other during our journey have made better choices. If we all had the answers and did everything perfectly, we wouldn't have ever needed the band in the first place, right?

Sf popsicles has how many calories? about 15? V8 doesn't sound too bad either. Just don't forget the Proteins too. Snacking on a sf popsicle sounds alot better than eating a chocolate bar or a slice of cheesecake. Heck, it is just frozen liquid anyway. Try freezing some Crystal light or maybe just eat ice, LOL!!!! Don't worry about pleasing everyone bc that will never happen.

Sometimes the best way to help yourself is by helping others. It all comes full circle and we are better off in the end for being kind to others. You have always been kind and encouraging to me and I thank you for that. Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,

Stephanie:biggrin2:

I've seen many attacks as you call them that is why I upfront in this post didn't want any negative responses because honestly I am going through major changes and the truth is I am not handling it very well. So with that said...

I do use the protien in my Water everyday! It's helps. I really appreciate all the positive things I feel a lil better today I just want these cravigns to go away and the hunger to go right with it!!! Ugh sorry I am just ranting!