Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many cals are you eating? what are you eating? I have to be on liquids until Tuesday or Wednesday...what about you?

Im on full liquids and can taste mushy food and see how I do with it.

My shakes are 230 calories. If you are having 3 - 5 shakes a day, how can you be at so low of calories? Mine might be too high in calories, but not that high. Im probably still under 1000 per day and my stomach is sore, so maybe Im rushing in too fast to try mushy food, I dont know if that is why my stomach is sore, but think its been sore since the surgery, so probably not the food. I am also drinking grape juice. I know its higher in calorie than apple juice, I just cant drink more apple juice. Im also trying a few spoons of no sugar added applesauce which goes down easily. Hence the extra calories.

I dont think you want to stay at 400 calories a day, when you are into your second week past surgery? at least shake up the calories a little. Im still dropping weight and eating a lot more calories than you. I did gain 3 lbs after surgery, so it took me a few days to drop the extra Water weight from the IV and swelling. Im now down the extra plus about 7 lbs. Frankly Im surprised Im still dropping weight as fast as I am. Thats about one pound a day, especially if you include dropping the extra lbs I gained from surgery. Fast enough to me. I started a couple of weeks pre opt at 248 and now Im within sight of 230. Within a pound or less of 230 this morning.

Okay....if you have only been banded for a week, why are you eating???? Did you not have to go back on liquids for two weeks?? I know that all doctors are different...maybe you didn't have to do this...anyway...one week out you are still swollen...don't worry about weight loss at this point..in fact, i wouldn't weigh myself...don't weigh until you go back to the doctor for your first two week check up...

Edited by Big As Life

Not sure whom you ask asking why they are eating?? I was allowed full liquids and to start tasting mushy foods by my doctor after 3 days of Clear Liquids and thats what im on for a month.

Your post op diet, just as the pre opt diets may vary of course.

Hey girl--

You're probably not sad because you only lost six pounds--it's probably a general reaction to the impact of surgery on your body, and the realization that you've just gone through a major life changing event! I went through the same thing you did, but one day when I was taking a walk I started talking to myself out loud (I must have looked like a crazy lady!), told myself that things would get better and I'd come through it a stronger person than ever, and now I'm really happy I got the band. Try surrounding yourself with the things in life that make you happy, and remember you ALWAYS have friends here!

Haven't been banded yet, but I did have laproscopic surgery for a hysterectomy last year and the surgeon said something to me that made a lot of sense: your body just went through major trauma and knows something is wrong. The surgery signs may be small to you (a bunch of 1-2 inch incisions) but the body is coping with missing a major organ (for my Hx) or having a bunch of foreign objects placed inside.

It's almost like your mind & body are making you depressed in an effort to get you to slow down and cope with all the changes you've wrought.

Just a thought. And best wishes that things get better soon. I hope once you're able to move around more you'll start to feel more like your normal self.

Cheers,

Lisa

The only things I am allowed to drink for 2 weeks are shakes, sf popsicles, sf Jello and broth...pretty exciting ;-) I am not allowed any juice at all...maybe that is why my cals are down, but I do know what you mean about getting them up some! The shakes I was drinking are only 90 cals...I will look for a little higher cal one...one a few more days of this...thank goodness!!

cheer -up there is alot of us out here waiting to hear from our ins co. and would love to be in your shoes right now ,your lucky you had it done so let your healing begin and enjoy your new adventure ,best of luck to you .

I was banded on 7/3 & lost 16 pounds immediately. I was so excited. Now, it has been a week & I am 1 pound up and so depressed. I am going to throw the scales away. I feel like crap every time I get on the scales. I get my first fill on 8/8 so maybe I will start losing then. Maybe we are all too impatient. A friend told me the other day that I didn't just pour the weight on so I shouldn't expect it to pour off of me. I'm going to try to be very postive about my band and be positive that I will lose weight. I wish everyone very well with weight loss.

be kind to yourself its just the beginning of a wondeful life ,i can wish i was you right now and i havent even heard from the ins co yet . so relax and take care of yourself ...keep up the good work ;) you'll b just fine iam sure of it ..

Today I'm 4 days post opt and I was really cranky and worn down. Sort of felt like why the heck did I do this? I was so hyped before the surgery and even threw the 10 day liquid diet. And I'm even taking short walks. So why I felt like this I don't even know. Probably like everyone said, reaction to the surgery.

please be easy on yourself and yes it all be just doing surgery alone in itself ,give it a chance to work it won't all come off over nite u know .but you did it and it'll so be worth it .take care keep me posted