Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this working for me??

Hi everyone - i haven't written in a while because I'm not sure this is working for me. Here is my problem; I was banded in Aug. of 2007, almost a year ago. I waited 4 months to get my first fill cause the Doc thought i was doin ok on my own - very slow but that's the way he wants it to go. So far i have had a fill of 1cc and a second fill of .5 ccs - that's it! I have only lost 30lbs in almost a year! I am feeling worse than i did before the surgery because i feel like a failure. i don't know if I'm eating wrong or what - when i get the fill i feel restriction but after a few days I don't feel as restricted anymore. I am eating less than i did but I'm having a hard time eating certain things like meat, eggs, etc. Why have I only lost 30lbs?!!!?? I don't understand and when I ask my Dr. he asks me things like, well how much are you eating or what are you eating. Help - I really need some feedback on this and maybe some similar experiences? Thanks!

Oh sweetpea, please, please don't feel that way. Everybody is different, everybody looses or gains at different rates. I, personally, love to look at the before and after photos....I keep seeing folks who have lost quite substantial amount of weight by the time their "bandiversary" comes around. It got me thinking, just today, that I'm approaching mine in a few months and I'm just not there. My weight-ticker reads current: 196.....Bah! only saw that for a few days! Now the scale is traveling in the other direction. I'm at about 200 now. I've had that failure feeling too. But c'mon!!!! We elected to have SURGERY for our weight problems, we came through that just fine! Lets be as brutally honest with ourselves as possible....what are we, maybe doing, that is failing our band? Snacking between meals, grazing on a teaspoon of this and a bite or two of that? Are we following the band rules as well as we could? I am having the same problems that you are with food: meat & especially chicken & eggs! Yeah, I don't eat anywhere near as much as I used to, but I also know that ice cream and chocolate are not on the plan...and I've had both (more than once!) I have only had two fills. both small, and in fact, the second fill sent me going back a week later for a slight "unfill".

I'm not doing as good as everybody else...but I'm not a failure either!!! And neither are you! We CAN do this! Lets pay attention more to what we're doing.....maybe it's all the "little stuff" that's adding up and sabotaging our success? Let's stop focusing on the "one year" thing and give ourselves time.....How 'bout a 5 year plan, LOL! :embaressed_smile:

Chin up. We're gonna be just fine!

Hi, I just want to share that my 2 year anniversary is coming up in November. I have lost 50 pounds, but I think I may have finally gotten to my sweet spot last week!! It took forever to get there, so be patient!!! I have a 10cc band now filled with 8.1cc.

signgirl and shelli - thanks so much for the replies. i really thought that i was the only one losing slowly. and yes signgirl, i have an enormous sweet tooth that does sometimes get the best of me but not at all like it used to be. thank you both again - i feel alot better !

A sweet spot is when you have good restriction, you are losing 1-2 lbs a week, you are not as hungry and you don't PB. So its the perfect fill. Took me 2 years to get there. Don't feel bad.