Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calling on my tens/fellow bandsters for support. join me! i'm getting back on track

Ok, so I’ve got to get back into the swing of things.

I don’t know how the rest of you “tenacious tens” are doing, but I am not doing like I expected to be. I’ve only lost 14 lbs since October. Now, keep in mind that I have been unfilled since march. I did not gain anything during my unfill YEAH FOR ME, but I did not lose either. Now I have a fill, and I’ve found that I’m having trouble following the rules.

So I am going to get on here and post everyday and tell you what I have done, and what I haven’t.

First, these are my goals. I do not eat very healthy at all, and I do not exercise. So for this next week, my goal is to eat one piece of fruit and one vegetable (at least) per day and to exercise at least twice. Little, I know, but I’m pretty much starting over.

So, yesterday I scarfed down a whole 1700 calories. This only 2 days after a fill (I was filled Saturday). I’m decently tight, if I eat solid food, but instead I drank sweet tea, had ice cream and ate chips. So….now you know where I am starting. Today’s weight is 209, I will weigh again next Tuesday.

Ok, so here is my guilt so far. I went an purchased a dr.pepper because I’m so darn tired!!!! This after I drank 20 ounces of coffee and took B12. well, I can’t handle the soda, so I gave it away YEAH!!!!. I haven’t had Breakfast yet, so I will post again later today.

Please join me. I’m going to share all and see if it helps, emotions, etc.

I will admit I have been going through a lot of emotional stuff lately with the miscarriage and everything else. I’m taking a lot of new medicine’s, and I seem to not want to ween from the pain pills like I should. This is a struggle when you are trying not to eat.

So, anyone else who feels the need to straighten up or stay straight, please join me.

My goal for today is 800 calories and at least 40 grams of Protein (this will increase over time, I hope).

Hi, I was banded on May 13th. I have had 2 fills but had to have some removed. I think they took too much out, because I am hungry all the time and am eating all the wrong things. Each day I say I am going to eat the right things and I am having a hard time. I eat my Protein with a veggie and a fruit a little later and I'm hungry in a couple hours. Yes, I eat less when I eat, but my stomach is growling soon after. I know this works for a lot of people I need help to make this work for me. Let me know. Maybe we can help each other. I need it.

Diane

diane, it sounds like your problem is not in your choices but in the band itself. if you eat meat, veggie, and fruit and are hungry 2 hours later and it is a solid meat, then you need a fill.

my doctor's rule of thumb is that if you can eat a half of a white bread sandwich you need a fill. no exeptions.

my problem isn't in that i get hungry, all the time, but in that i make bad decisons.

thanks for joining me!! looking forward to working through this together.

ok, so i have had 36 calories today (coffee), now i want taco bell for lunch. i know bad, but it goes down easy when you are tight.

trying to talk myself out of it.

i have been stuck in a damn rut for months now. i have been making bad food choices. i dont exercise. i will do good for a week or so and then, bam, its like i hit a wall and fall back into cheating myself. stupid stupid. but i have a new deal going with my hubby and i HAVE to get 20 lbs off ASAP, like yesterday! so i am game to post every day here with you, support each other, bitch and moan and cheer each other on.

my goals:

1) 1000 calories a day. (what thedailyplate says i need to eat in order to lose 2.5 lbs a week. well, not the exact number, they say a little more...)

2) a minimum of 1 hour exercise each day. 1/2 hour weights in the am before i get ready for work (alternating legs one day, arms the next) and a minimum of 1/2 hour in evenings (walking, riding bike with kids, riding horses, lawn work)

so those seem like good places for me to start. i have to get out of the "tomorrow" phase. "i will workout...starting tomorrow", "i will eat better...tomorrow" well now tomorrow is today and i havent made much progress.

i look forward to helpin each other out! good luck!

you said it want...that is my problem too, tomorrow this...tomorrow that.

well, i haven't had my fruit or veggies yet. i've had 236 calories and only 9 grams of Protein. so, i'm not making good choices yet either.

(i picked my calorie goal from my doctor..he swears that if you only eat 800 calories a day you WILL lose 2 lbs a week, no exceptions).

OK, WANT...YOU CAN DO IT!!! ...an hour a day..whew!!! i feel i need to kick my goal up some (twice a week..ha), but i burn out easy..so slow start for me.

bandster-how/where do you track your calories? i am using thedailyplate and like it. they also have it so you can put in what exercise you did for the day.

i was thinkin that maybe i would lower my exercise goal but then i changed my mind. i want to lose this 20lbs! when i get to where an hour a day is comfortable, i am gonna up it!

and oh, i have to share...last night, during my walk...i actually jogged for a little ways. it felt great and i was so happy. it was so weird for me! as i was walkin, I WANTED to jog. WANTED TO! can you believe that?

bandster-its smart for you to start with what you know you can do. you dont want to burn out and then stop, ya know?

i do silly little things through the day as well. like in the mornings, as i dry my hair, i do squats and standing leg lifts. or, when my office is empty i will do lunges from the front counter back to my desk and then do 5 squats before i sit in my chair. now by no means to i do this every day, but here and there. i am gonna put more effort into it. every little bit helps, right?

i use the daily plate also. i love it.

i'm thinking of purchasing wii fit to see if that will motivate me. i do not like leaving my house :thumbup:. i hate walking outside. arkansas weather...well..it's humid and hot...or cold..lol

you are doing really well want..i mean you are only 20 lbs from goal. that is when i hear it gets hard. i can understand you wanting to do the extra exercising. really that is where i want to be when i am at that point.

i want to eat normally when i am at maintenance mode, and i believe the only way to do that is to exercise, not to mention the health benefits. and although i'm all for it mentally...getting my body to cooperate is quite different.

Well, I dropped back in here, finally and this was the first thread I saw in Oct 07 Bandsters! I am OFF TRACK, as I feared would happen. I sort of got half way, winter came, and now I just get by day to day.

I need so much motivation, so I hope this thread will begin :frown:

ok, so i'm ready to report on yesterday's behaviors. i consumed a little over 800 calories, but not much. YEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!! however, i only ate 14 grams of Protein.... :frown: ....bbbbaaadddd me. i ate 2 veggies, i never got around to the fruit though.

my goal for today is the same as yesterday. i did good, but got to work on Protein.< /p>

oh, and yesterday's weight was from Saturday actually. i never re weighed. now i'm at 207.4 !!!! down 2 lbs.

ok GIRLS LETS DO IT!!!!!

I guess since this is a motivational thread i will post a quote of the day: (not related to weight)

"When we are conscious of our personal uniqueness and our universal nature we express ourselves creatively. In this way we fulfill our dreams and our life purpose."

Andrew Schneider

..........i'm waiting to hear how everyone else did, don't let this thread die. let's band together and work through this.

welcome coo, i still think you are doing great, but i do hear that halfway is a hard point. i'm glad you are joining us!

good luck fellow tens getting back on track. the beauty of the band, is that you can start over at anytime, and the fact you never gained while off course is a blessing that didn't exist beforehand.

for me, i had been pretty dilligent with my diet & have become obsessed with exercise. i can't not work out, otherwise the weight stalls. i think an accountability thread is perfect to discuss diet & activity.....i wish you all well !!!

ok girls. i work at a mortgage company and sometimes our appraiser's love us enough to send food. well, today is the day!! i had one ham and cheese roll and 4 saltine crackers. i am stopping at that. it measured up to be about 90 calories worth.

bandster--good job yesterday! keep up the good work. and yeah, this last 20 is SO flippin hard. plus i have some weird mental stuff working against me, so that just makes it harder. almost like i am scared of getting to goal. but i think i have worked through that and am ready now.

so progress report for yesterday:

1) 845 calories, 45 grams Protein (actual calories were 1263, but then minus the calories burned w/ exercise its the 845. i need to be more careful!)

2) rode bike w/ schwinn wagon attached pulling daughter for a little over 30 minutes

luluc---i wish i were more like you and diligent about it all! but i cant dwell on messing up lately, just focus on doing good again!

coo--i hope you find what motivation and support you need here.

want...WOW..WAY TO GO GIRL. and the exercising, great thing. see that is why i need to exercise, so i can eat more calories!!!! good for you on that Protein, i can see why you lost.

ok, now, i'm dedicated to keep this going until we get where we need to be, so want_so_bad, those mental issues....

i'm afraid that when i get close to goal i am not going to like the attention that i get from other..particularly men. i have a problem with men. i mean i have healthy relationships with them, i'm married, etc, but i avoid men like the plague. i love where i work because there is only one, i will not check out with a man checker if i can help it, if i'm doing a loan i always try to talk to the woman..it took me a while to realize this, but i'm afraid it works against me.

so, is that anything to do with the mental issues that you are dealing with? how are you dealing? let's talk about it, and maybe it will help us get through it and others dealing with it too.

my issues are more like trying to figure out why i have been sabatoging myself. i know what to do to be successful. i will be doing great for days, even weeks and then, bam, start eating crap, dont work out. i never slip enough to gain, but enough so i just maintain.

i think it has been for a few different reasons. it scares me to think of myself at goal. i have tried to lose weight for so long! holy crap, now what do i do, ya know? i am the big one. that is me. what do i do now that i am not? what if i dont like what i am when i get to goal? what if i still cringe when i look in the mirror (i know i will until the Tummy Tuck and boobie lift and augmentation).

i think i have worked through most of these. well, i am working on it. a few people have mentioned that if i dont like what i see when i get to goal, i can change my goal. easy enough, right? lose more or, like one crazy person suggested, gain it back!

my hubby and i made a deal about getting the tummy tuck faster then i had planned, so its just a matter of me reaching goal and maintaining until march. the faster i reach goal, the better. that has been the kick in the butt i needed. since making that deal i have eaten better and have exercised each day.

now i think to myself, WHAT WAS I THINKING? get your butt to goal--just do it! stop this stupidness (is that a word?? lol) right this minute.

i still have moments i slip, i think that will just be a life long battle...once a fat girl...

i still have moments i slip, i think that will just be a life long battle...once a fat girl...

want - i so understand your feelings. it might help i had the same thoughts, but i turned them - along with my OCD/Adult ADD into journaling = food & exercise. i made mini deals with myself & also only looked at losing weight in intervals of 10. i could not handle looking at the big picture (80lbs), i still try to keep my focus extremely narrow and i come here often - every day.

keep this thread going, everyone slips - everyone has days not wanting to get up and workout.....having some level of accountability keeps you chugging along when you dont want. and the band is way forgiving:redface: