Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Congrats on your success! I can wait until I HAVE TO buy new clothes.:biggrin: Even being fat I'm quite the shopper! Well I do HAVE to buy some new bra's all the weight I have lost has come from my chest! And my cups are to big now!!LOL

Why is it the weight comes from there first? I swear can't it come out of my butt or gut....nooooo. So unfair. hehehe:lol:

Hi, so how are you? I am SO sore. I don't know how folks do this. I am so impressed w/ people that come out of the hospital with no pain. My surgery was on Wednesday. I have been on constant pain meds. I am following all the directions. The doctor said if I don't have decreased pain by tomorrow they may want me to come back in and be evaluated. I hope you did better than this.

The good news, I am finally able to walk more and have finally gotten on this blog.

Talk to you soon.

Kathy S.

Hey Kathy! How was your service at Duke? I've heard so much about Dr. Enochs here in Raleigh, and I went with Dr. Moran here too, so I'm really interested in hearing how you were treated out there. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly. I'm sure that you are sick of hearing about it, but walk, walk, walk. When you walk, don't shuffle. Work hard to stand up straight and "open" up your frontside. It's not the most comfortable thing to do, but it really does ease up the pain once you get there. Then you'll be able to breathe more deeply and maybe feel a teensy bit less like you've been punched in the gut.

Hang in there, and keep us posted!

Hi,

Duke was fine. They have been going through a major transition and I think it's about to get alot better. Today I started on liquid 'Lortab'. It's so much better than the oxycodeine because it makes me less sleepy and I can move more.

I met w/ Dr. Enochs. He was very good as well. It just so happened everything w/ Duke fell into place right before everything fell into place w/ Dr. Enochs. I would have happily gone through him as well.

Duke has a great support system after lapband and I am encouraged about that.

I'm still sore this evening, but I don't think it's as bad....in a more positive vein, I feel better. :smile:)

Hope you are doing good. I thought your surgery w/ Dr. Moran was the 28th. I must be missing something.

I hope everyone else here is doing well. Drop by w/ a note if you get a change.

Ks

Hope you are doing good. I thought your surgery w/ Dr. Moran was the 28th. I must be missing something.

Yep, it was the 28th. Everything went well and I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I'm actually doing great. Hang in there girl, it's going to get better!

Hi, Don't you dare be embarrassed. I'm thrilled for you. This change in pain meds seems to have been the trick for me. I'm yelling at my family again, a sign they say surely means I am getting better! :smile:)

I do feel much better tonight! I'm so happy for you.

Talk to you later.

Ks

Hi Everyone,

tommorrow will be 2 weeks. i am feeling more like myself. only one problem, i have to be careful passing gas. thank goodness i haven't been out somewhere. i feel like i have taken Xenical, :thumbup: if anyone has ever taken it, you know what i mean. not to be to graphic. had a few accidents.

i never knew scrambled eggs could taste sooo good :tt2:

IMG]http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/susancaskey/augustAllStarsGlitters.gif[/img]

IMG]http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/susancaskey/ticker.jpg[/img]

I got my first fill today. It didnt hurt. Doc put in about 2cc, on liquids for the day, then 2 meals mushies before moving to solids again. I managed to loose 11 pounds in the month since surgery. Anyone else getting their first fill? I was so surprised that it didnt hurt.

That's great news Fleminld!

I go for my first fill on Sept. 18th....Although I've read about it and talked to the women in my support group about fills, I really can't wrap my head around how it will feel...good to know that the majority have no pain.

How does the eating feel? Could you feel the restriction right away?

I have been on liquids and had a meal of mushies this morning. Not noticing anything really different yet. I was still able to eat like a cup of tuna w/lite mircle whip. I think i need to wait until i have reg food tonight to tell ???

i was glad to hear it didn't hurt. i hope my fill on tuesday does give me some restriction. i am getting hungrier by the day. i sure hope this journey works.

it is not that easy.

feels good to have those strips off my incisions. the tape was irritating my skin.

have a great day everyone!

I got my first fill Aug 26th. I now have 5cc's in a 10cc band. The first 3 days were great, now I am having hunger pains between meals. My next fill is Sept. 23rd. Getting my fill was very uncomfortable to me, not looking forward to the next one.

I got my first fill today. It didnt hurt. Doc put in about 2cc, on liquids for the day, then 2 meals mushies before moving to solids again. I managed to loose 11 pounds in the month since surgery. Anyone else getting their first fill? I was so surprised that it didnt hurt.

Nice! I get mine on Tuesday I can't wait! I'm glad yours went so well.:tt2:

My fill did not go so well. I have been feeling not so great since I had it done at 4 yesterday. The fill part was easy and painless. But since last night I have not felt well at all.

I had a hard time drinking all of my Water, it is going down but I feel like I take 2 sips and have a lump in my chest. I had some Tomato Soup for lunch and got it down. But this evening I have not had an easy time.

I think I will call the doctor's office in the morning, I think I may need some taken out. They started with 3cc, may have been too much!