Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone used WLS Group??

Have been to my third consultation for a band in my Quest to find the right place to have the procedure and aftercare. Today I saw Wendy at WLS group. She was amazing, and I really feel I want to go with them but have a couple of doubts; mainly that they are a new company set up last year. Therefore do not have a long history - although I do believe the intentions are ethically good The staff are formed of a team of experienced nurses and nutritionalists and a got a good vibe from them. The surgery would be at the highgate hospital in London. Does anyone know this group - or have any advice???

Thanks for reading my problems!

Katie

Hi Katie!

I also went for a consultation with WLS and wendy was great! she expalined everything, i would really of liked to go with them but they were a little out of my price range. I was also able to chat to he director of the company and she herself had also had weight loss surgery and had lost 15 stone. Although i wont be going to them for the procedure (am very happy with where im going though) I am thinking about going to them for my aftercare. Still haven't decided yet.

thanks for this - where are you going for your surgery? I did really like WLS Group but am a bit concerned that they are not a long established company. Anyhow - I have got to make a decision soon because I a driving myself mad being so indecisive! How did you make your decision on where to have the surgery in the end??

Thanks a lot x

Katie

Hi Katie!

I spent ages on trying to find the right surgeon, although i have budget i didnt just want to opt for the cheapest. I wanted to be 100% happy with the surgeon. I booked up so many consultations with diff people armed with my list of 1000's of questions lol And from that and also reccomendations i decided to go with my surgeon. I spent a long time talking with people who had had it done with him, asking question after question. I was even checking details on the general medical council website, to make sure the registration was legit lol lol I was going all out!! But i am 100% happy with my choice, and comfortable with the surgeon and his ablities, he's also very experienced and knows what he is doing. Even though i havent been banded, any time i have a question i just call him up and ask.

I will be going to belguim for my surgery, with Dr Forquet.

www.gastricband.org have a look at the website

xx

It is so totally confusing isn't it? I seem to change my mind daily on who to go with. I really need to just make a decision and book it up and shut up about it! I'm driving myself crazy!

I have heard of your surgeon, and he sounds great. I am keen to stay in the UK for surgery though as I have 2 little kids and I don't like to be too far away from home. I have had three consultations now and am going to decide by the end of the week. Well done for making a well informed choice - I will let you know when I do.........x

take care

katie

hey Katie!

I know it can be quite confusing...so much info!!! But i would say make sure your 100% happy with who you do decide to go with. I know it may take a lil time to get and gather all your info. Potentially you are putting your life in there hands, and its good to do your homework and get fully informed. I do understand you wanting to stay in the uk....i would of loved to aswell if i didnt have to think about the ££££ aswell. Dont rush your decsion hun....take your time with it :( i know you will make the right decsion for you.

Good luck xx

:cursing: