Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Desk Jobs..How long will you need off work

I just had this conversation with my husband about five minutes ago.:) I work customer service and I am going to use short term for one week off. I work 10 hours four days a week. I have thursdays off. So I am hoping to schedule my surgery for a thursday and start short term from that friday to the next and it will come out to about 11 days total before I have to go back to work.

It won't take that long. I am an office manager in a small but busy company and I had my lap band done on a Tuesday and was back to work on Friday. So they say 3-5 days if you have a job thats not that physically demanding. But ask your doctor!!!

I would have to say it really varies by person. I don't think you will know for sure how you will feel until you are recovering.

But I would say that you should be OK to return after a week.

I am not working (outside the house) - but I sent my husband back to work the next day - and took care of the kids. I was able to do pretty much what I normally did, however, I didn't feel completely back to myself until about 2 weeks after surgery. I would say that until you are eating solid food again, you don't feel completely right.

I have a deskjob (IT) and I took a Wed through Sunday off returning the following Monday without much issue.

I had surgery on Fri and returnrd on Monday. I was feeling rough the first 3 days back but worked thourgh it and did just fine.

I am on a vanpool that travels for 112 roundtrip everyday. I want to make sure I am gas free before getting on the van after surgery.I may take 2-3 weeks off.

I stand most of the day. I had surgery on Wed. and went back to work of Mon. The first two days back I worked half days. Physically I was "fine" but I was so dang dong tired!

:cursing: I was banded on July 1st. I am out of work for 4 weeks, but that is only because I am a maintenance technician, so my job is VERY physically demanding! My doctor said not to lift more than 10 lbs for 6 weeks! I was originally going to just take a week off... but boy am I glad I have the extra time off now, because I'm really not in any condition to be doing that stuff right now. Plus I am self-pay, so I can't afford to mess anything up!

Hi,

I am an adminstrative manager and went back to work in four days. Probably could have went back sooner, but my husband wouldn't let me. Although he had the surgery two months later and went back in three days.

Good luck!!

I work in customer service and was banded on July 9th (wednesday) supposed to return to work today. No way was that happening. I am just not fully functioning yet.

A slight cough, laugh or wrong movement has my port incision feeling like it's ripping open from the inside and I am still gassy and spending a lot of time in the bathroom.

I extended my time off until this coming Thursday.

It differs I was off a week and I have a desk job but the physical part after the surgery HAS HAS NOTHING to do with it. I had a hard time coming out of Ansestia (sp?) and in general getting around. Kuddos those of you that bounced back but for me it was like living in slow motion for about 4 days only until then did I start to feel better. Good luck!