Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello my girl friend just got home from the hospital to day and she is in pain and keeps saying what did i do what did i do . she is complaining of back pain . we just got in about 2hr ago and she is sleeping now just would like to know what peoples first day home was like and does the pain stop soon i do not like to see her in pain. she means the world to me. she seem fine at the hospital i was with her all nite long just had truble geting out of bed.

<P>My first day home was OK, but I was in a bit of pain. Did the Dr give her a prescription for pain meds? I only took mine twice, but I really needed them. Also, the gas pains can be terrible. You can get the Gas-X strips at the drug store--they dissolve in your mouth and they help. Also, the more she walks...the better she will feel--plus it prevents complications and is highly encouraged. </P>

<P> </P>

<P>Good luck</P>

<P></P>

Hey, the pain will go away in a few days, WALKING and GAS- X will help with the pain alot. Make her walk alittle around the house it HELPS, I was Banded on June 24th. It gets better I promise

Some people have it worse than others; I was fine when I got home from the hospital but I woke up in the middle of the night in pretty bad pain. If she has prescription pain meds she should take them right on schedule -- they work much better if you take them before the pain gets too bad. And really, she should be feeling better every day. Oh, and yes, walk a lot. The more she walks, the faster she will feel better. Grats to her on the surgery, and to you for being so supportive.

Walking is best. I had surgery on 7/1. She may be having gas pains--and walking is best way to get the gas out. I dissolved my pain med in water--it didn't taste good, but was easier to swallow and I think it worked a bit faster. It will get better. If the pain seems very bad, call the doctor.

Of all the places to have pain, i wouldn't think her back would be one of them. I understand maybe her shoulders where the gas floats up trying to escape. If she has any shortness of breath with the back pain, i would go straight to the ER. I haven't gotten banded yet, i will be on July 14, but if i had back pain, i would personally be concerned about post-op complications. Take it seriously.

Actually if shes very big or has any kind of back issues at all back pain is not suprising. I know after my apendicitis back pain was my WORST pain, cause they put you on a totally FLAT operating table.

And if your like me and have much of a backside laying on anything flat & hard actually twists the spine up pretty bad in ways your not used to. MRI's or anytime I have to lay on a hard flat surface will put me in pain for DAYS afterwards. Imagine trying to sleep on a hardwood floor :cool: Same difference.

Best bet is a heating pad and make sure she takes her pain meds regularly as the perscription says. Like Northwest_Nance said they work better if she takes them before they run out or the pain returns.

The pain she was feeling on the first day was most likely "referred" from the C02 that they use to blow up you abdomen. i don't know why the never tell anyone about it. the left shoulder and left scapula are the most common places that people complain about after laproscopic procedures. it should go away in the first 48 hours. i am still having epigastric pain where the band is along with cramping. i didn't prepare well enough and underestimated my lactose intolerance. i will have to make a special trip to get something lactose free with lots of Protein.< /p>

I felt the same way for the first three days after spending a night in the hosptial, it gets better every day. Tell her to hang in there, it's well worth it, I am 11 days post op, down 41 pounds total and feel pretty awesome. Hang in, take advantage of the pain meds!