Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop The Presses!!!

Thank you all so much! Its funny how w/each post I seem to really feel more secure in my decision & am very excited to begin. Thank you all for the encouraging words & congrats- its been a long 8 mnths & I feel so prepared.

Estella- I believe the following will help you out. Yesterday (wed) my girlfriend came to visit me. She had RNY 18 mnths ago. She lost 90 pds very quickly & now has gained back 17 pds. She is extremely depressed & has I sat & listened to her she went on & on about how she doesn't quite feel right & hasn't fixed much of anything has far has her thought process. She is the 2nd person in less than one month that I personally know who has gained back nearly 20 pds after losing 90 on the RNY. I Also heard of a guy at the doc's (for my back) office today that lost 150 pds on RNY he was very larger & kept it off for 4 yrs & now has gained back over 80:0(

What happens is that their pouches stay the sme but because they still tend to over eat their intestines stretch out & basically become their new stomach--EWWIE!

The gals that I personally know feel very defeated. Who can blam them-------OK here is the great news:

Yes both of the gals wish they would have done the band - but I think anyone who isn't doing well on either surgery will wish that they did the other -- Grass is always greener on the other side syndrom. BUT-- Here it is---- I have NEVER heard of a band person gaining more than lets say 12pds back & they tend to be so much more vigilant in seeing their doctors & getting tightened to avoid the huge gain. That Is why I think over the years the band people will have longer success. Yes we won't be skinny has fast but the turtle wins the race!! Of course you all ready knew this but we all need a nudge once in awhile. Hope that helps!

BIGT- Make sure you im me & let me know how your doing!

Now back to my celebration- soon my 2 week count down will begin! I can't wait to kick all your butts in the weight loss challenge! Just kidding--NOT!!!!!!!:D :D ;-):) :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny

Yay you!!!! Welcome to the June crew!!!! Please give us all the details around your surgery!! I'm super excited for you! (and me!)

Christina, I understand everything your saying, and I've known all along that the band was the ONLY option for me, but I just had to vent, how I sometimes feel. So thank you again for reminding me, that I did chose wisely. I know that this band will work for me, I have successfully lost about 32 lbs and haven't gained it back, right?? So I just have to learn to have patience and soon enough the rest of the weight will come off.

I love you guys.

Christina,

I'm so happy for you and I know you made the right choice. I too have been researching the "band" for a while, although I'm sitting waiting impatiently for my insurance to get back to me with an answer. I'm scheduled for surgery on July 27th - I hate to have to wait that long!!!! But it's more about time off from my new job than anything else.

Please keep me posted on your progress....I'm like a sponge now wanting to know every little detail - so fill me in!!! I know you'll do great!

I especially want to know about your daily pre-surgery food/liquid choices and how you felt immediately afterwards. Where the port was placed above or below belly button?

What you were told to eat post surgery (choices I mean). I really an excited for you and for myself. Thanks for sharing and someone metioned earlier - you ARE WORTH the cost!!!! Congratulations.

Christina, Congratulations I am sooooo happy you finally got a BAND date!!

Soon you will be on the losing side of things.

Good luck girl!!!!! ;)

Karen - congrats to you has well

Lynn- I sure will

Terri- I can't wait to permenately be a loser!!!

Estela- Check in with us a week from today & tell us of your 1 pd loss or more- I know you gonna do it - I really feel it!!!

congratulations.......................The RNY does take the weight off faster but I believe the band is not only a tool for helping you control the amont you eat but it is also a tool to help you overcome the mental stranglehold food has over us.

Okay, Christina, I'm up for the challenge, I will weigh in today and next Friday when I check in I will be at least 1 lb lighter. I promise you, I will be thinner in a week... Yep I will, yes I will, yes I will, yes I will, see I'm already excersising my fingers!! he, he heeeee...How do I make myself drink so much Water, that is what my problem is, I haven't been going to the potty too well, (not enough water) so I'm really constipated, so really, I'm full of SHIT that is why I'm fat and can't lose more weight. LOL!!! Does drinking gatorade or unsweet/sweet tea count for water??? Please tell me it does, maybe I can do that instead of having to drink so much darn water. I can't do it, just can't. HELP ME OUT HERE!!! What else can I do to take in more water without drinking so much water????

Sweetie- try a little light sun tea- now that the weather is better. No quite frankly I was told gatorade doesn't count- infact its really not that good for you unless your truely dehydrated & or working out & losing all kinds of sodium. But has for the unsweetened tea -& sweetened lightly tea- I think that should definetly count:0) But drink extra just in case.

Christina, Congratulations! While I was in the pre-op area, I saw an OR nurse that I knew had RNY 3 years ago and had lost a lot of weight. But she had gained half of it back. That really reassured me that I'd made the right decision as they wheeled me into the OR.

Went to the store today and stocked up on Water, and some berry flavored water and some more water. Got my benefiber and bought some shredded wheat, so that should help things move along, If you know what I mean, and I bought some white grape juice in the baby isle. That always helped my babies, maybe it will work for me too. Oh I'm so glad to hear my tea can count...Christina, you are so wonderful. Love you bunches..

Good for you Estela-

Well I have only i min to tell you al an update- My back has been out for 13 days- sever pain & I may have to cancel surgery! Can you believe it???!! What knid of silly thing is the Lord trying here? But I know she;0) has a reason. I will know more next Tuesday. That will be the last day I can postpone the date. Its my sacrarilly ack & My siatic nerve(spelling?) So that s it for now- can't be at the computer more than a momemnt or so.

I also am 90% sure I will do the startand port position instead of being the maverick & going below the underwear line.

I'll keep you all posted when I can

((Hugs)) _ Especially to Penni-Chin Up Girl!

Good for you Estela-

Well I have only i min to tell you al an update- My back has been out for 13 days- sever pain & I may have to cancel surgery! Can you believe it???!! What knid of silly thing is the Lord trying here? But I know she;0) has a reason. I will know more next Tuesday. That will be the last day I can postpone the date. Its my sacrarilly ack & My siatic nerve(spelling?) So that s it for now- can't be at the computer more than a momemnt or so.

I also am 90% sure I will do the startand port position instead of being the maverick & going below the underwear line.

I'll keep you all posted when I can

((Hugs)) _ Especially to Penni-Chin Up Girl!

I went through this for 8 months! I couldn't walk without help. I can tell you as you lose weight it will ease up. I never had to have the surgery to fix the problem because I lost weight that took the pressure off. It was the one time I was glad I was overweight. When it happens to a thin person, they have no choice, but a fat person can lose weight and take the pressure off.

Good Luck!

Christina, I am so sorry that you are in pain, I hope you start feeling better really soon and don't worry a little delay in your surgery is okay. I fell so bad for you, my back was out once and it was the most horrible pain I have ever been in (even worse than childbirth), so I know how you feel. Take Care and keep us posted.

Hi Christina -- I am a back-pain veteran. I'll send you a PM. Hope you feel better soon!