Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think im the Biggest one here! :-( My Introduction

Hi Krystal...

We here truely understand the battle you have with food...and the desire to to better. It doesn't matter what weight you start at. It only matters that you are starting the journey. We are here to listen, understand and praise you...and sometimes to scold you ( I've seen it done) when you need it.... We are blessed to have this new beginning. Just think what a joy it will be to run and play with your daughter... She will never remember you big... She will never have the issues you have with food...and in the long run you will learn to be on the outside what you are in the inside.

Well I got you beat by a long shot-- I was 441 presurgery. There are also others that weight more than you --so sorry to burst your bubble but you will have to gain a bunch of weight to try to claim the "I am biggest title"....lol. Not that you really want that title.

Congrats!

T

Guest j. lynn

Good luck!

jayme

Krystal, Welcome to a new world. I would never change my choice on getting the band. I love it and how much it helps control the portion. Good Luck-you CAN do this!

Krystal,

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

It sounds like you have the right attitude to prepare for this journey.

And do it now before you spend your later years regretting what you didn't or couldn't do because of your weight.

I'll be banded a week ahead of you so read all of our posts so you are mentally prepared. As I walk through this journey, reading through the posts of those before me is making this so much easier.

Good luck. Celeste

Krystal, I'm a lot older than you and wish that I could have gotten my band a long time ago. But maybe you and I weren't ready for our bands any earlier. You have a beautiful daughter that will help you get the exercise that you need. Have you ever tried a recumbent exercise bike? That might be a good place to start...takes the stress off of your joints. Best of luck to you!

Hi Krystal,

I was 362 lbs when I started my band journey and the 300's just whipped right past in a matter of a few months. It has slowed down a bit now but I was thrilled to have lost 95 lbs after just one year. I thought I was the biggest for a long time too (and probably was at points) but like everyone else, I strived to just be smaller. I'm thrilled with my progress. Best of luck thru your surgery and keep us posted, Teresa

Welcome Krystal!!! and good luck with yoru surgery June 2nd!!!

It doesn't matter HOW you got here....just that you ARE here and taking control of your life!!! You're only 22 and have the rest of your life to live!! You have to be happy, healthy, and strong and able to keep up with your daughter!

We'ra all here for the same reason and we're all hear for each other.....you are NEVER alone in this journey.....

Good luck on the 2nd...it's the BEST thing I ever did for myself....and it's the BEST thing you can do for yourself too!!! ...... I wish they had this surgery when I was your age.....it would have saved me lots of health problems and social issues.....but they didn't and they do now...so on to a healthier life!!!

Take care

Nancy*