Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in the Barrie, Ontario area?

Hi Goober,

I live in Angus On. and I am scheduled for banding on August 28th. I'm definetly interested in the support or chat any kind of encouragement and information.

KITKAT; I live close to you too.

I would love to have a BARRIE support group for Bandsters!!!

Keep me posted... PM me if you'd like my email address...

;) Just peachy

Peaches9

I was banded TLBC July 2007

Ok, this is baaaad of me to say but there's a killer butter tart store at the south end of Barrie, just off of Mapleview (aka Molson Park) Drive. I could support driving to Barrie just to stop there! ;)

I think we should try and set up a butter tart date:drool:

I think we should try and set up a butter tart date:drool:

No way, no butter tarts for me..

I am on SUGAR lockdown... and I am loosing weight again... don't want to Frig this up!!!

Would still like to get togerther for support.. you interested?

I need to be on sugar lockdown too.. :frown:

I really want to get something going.. Let's make a plan!

I need to be on sugar lockdown too.. :frown:

I really want to get something going.. Let's make a plan!

Hi Goober; I am going to PM you with my personal details... ie. phone, real name etc....

Then perhaps we can tee up a meeting in Barrie or thereabouts for a "coffee or SKIM MILK LATTE"

sound good?

Peaches:tt1:

I'll let you know next time I'm headed up your way! I'm not up there too often but one butter tart every six months isn't the end of the world. It would be a bad thing though, if I lived in Barrie... temptation would call, leave a message and then try me on my cell, but would also email me just to make sure I'm checking my messages.

Does it count if you eat only the inside of the butter tart? I'm really not that keen on pastry and I figure not eating the pastry is a calorie neutralizer. Sort of akin to ordering a diet coke with your 3000 calorie cheesecake.

Do you guys still check this thread often??? I am from Barrie and I am looking in to getting banded. Looking for a support network to bounce ideas/questions off of!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Paramedicmom! :thumbup:

Do you guys still check this thread often??? I am from Barrie and I am looking in to getting banded. Looking for a support network to bounce ideas/questions off of!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Paramedicmom! :mad2:

I sent you some contact info on your EMAIL.. check it out and call me or email me...

Good Luck,:thumbup:

Peaches9

where does everyone go for fills? Is there a doctor near barrie that does fills for people who have had surgery outside of Canada?

Wow, you went all the way to S.Korea????

Where are you going to get your after care???

I was banded by SLIMBAND ( aka Toronto LapBand Centre) in July 07.

I paid $16k self pay. THey do all my followups for life. Great surgeon.

I live in South Korea. I have lived here for over 2 years. I never thought I could get the surgery as it is expensive and I have a low BMI to start with but found a great doctor here in Korea and was able to work out a payment plan and paid way less then what I would in Canada.

We talked about what I would do when I go back to Canada but he said he has many patients who are foreigners who go back to the states or Canada no problem and find places for their fills etc. I am planning ahead and looking into finding a fill center now. Before I go back my doctor will help me as well looking for a fill center if I dont find one myself.

Where is everyone?

I thought we were interested in getting together LIVE... in or Around the Barrie area...

Anyone still interested... I need some support over the

holidays

How's everyone else's RESOLVE... are you losing, or do you WANT to???

Lets make a PLAN

PM me:redface:

Hi Peaches and everyone!

I'm looking to re-affirm my commitment to losing again! I have indulged a wee bit and need to re-focuss once again.

Cheers!

Eileen:smile:

Hi, I live in Collingwood, and would be interested in getting together for support. I was banded May 08 at the SWLC by Dr. Coburn.