Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ July 2008 Chat

Good Morning Y'all!

I have been a busy camper! We have been running all morning and I am glad it's done!

Pat - You are a hot Mama! I love the pictures and that color is fab on you! I love your hair style on you too! Now, tell us who is who in the other pictures. I don't know which is which! They are both beauties, but I don't know which is Diane and which is Donna. Good luck today!

Eileen - sorry you are having reflux problems too. Dang you and Sherry are going to have to get together and figure out a plan!

Trish - You have a lot on your plate and I compliment you on it. I've been there and done that and I know it's not easy. You will come out a better person for it all though, believe me! The pool thing is not about the swimming, it is about getting an infection from the Water. My doctor said no baths or swimming for 6 weeks.

Diane - Glad you had such at good time at Pat's. How is the fill doing for you?

Donna - I guess you had your first drink huh? roflmao!

I have just got approval for a breast reduction, I don't have the date yet, but I probably will next week. I can't wait! I am ready for these big girls to go smaller!

Well, work calls me and if I don't get some done today I will be working the day away tomorrow. I don't want to do that so I better get off my butt and do it.

Later!

Good evening, I hope you are all having a good weekend. Pat, forget the Schnapps; I'll pick up some more. OH>>I am so happy you posted the new pics. You look wonderful and younger than your previous pic. Keep showing it off... you've got it!!! :smile:

Hey Diane, I hope the tweak is all you need to keep going. You look like you're getting pretty close to goal! Oh, how did DH like the girls??:ohmy:

Sherry, I hope you're feeling better. We will be staying in West Yarmouth. I've been to Boston before, but not the cape so I have no real idea of where this town is in relation you. We have a 7am flight tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm sure it is lovely. :smile:

Susie, good luck on your surgery. You will be fine.:)

Trish, your pool sounds beautiful and inviting. Try kissing that frog and see if anything happens :frown: You have a lot on your plate right now. It is so difficult when parents get old and need so much care. My mom has advanced Alzheimers and has lived with my sister for the past 4 years. I take her when my sister goes away and I swear I don't know how she does it day after day. My hat goes off to you.

Eileen, I hope you feel better soon.:scared2:

Betty, technically it wasn't my first drink, but it certainly was the first one that packed a punch. Pat knows how to make a drink that tastes good and can wallop you.:ohmy:

Someone asked which one of us is Diane and which is me. Well, Diane is the one with the svelte body. I was banded 3 weeks ago... I'm the fat one! Consider it my before shot.:wink2:

Have a good week everyone. I'll post again in a week when I get back home.

Donna

Betty, the blonde, with short hair in pink is Donna, the other is.....Diane ;).

We did have a great time.

Didn't win any money, but OMG, I ate so much, I even had caviar, those little fish eggs that go pop in your mouth, LOL.

Donna, svelte body! me? :lol: LMAO!!!!! Have quite a ways to go to get to goal! The tweek of a fill is going ok, no problems.

Susie, all the best to you on Monday! log on when you feel up to it and let us know how you're doing. No worries gal....be happy! :)

Pat, have any luck at the track today? I'll call first if it looks like we'll boat by....don't worry, with a smaller craft we're AlWAYS all ears & eyes on the weather before we go out.

Eileen, hope you have a great time at the luau today! Gonna do any hula dancing?

YEA Betty!!! on the PS approval :drool: ...I'm happy for ya! Hope you don't have to wait too long :)

Kat, Come back. Miss your posts. Hope you're doing alright.

Trish, how are ya doing, gal? ....so if your son catches that frog and chucks it into the marsh again, you'll have a frog free pool for a year? ;)

I guess Jessica is still dancin' her butt off on vacation :tt2:

Have a good nite all!

Hey girlies - blast from the past. haha! Nana found me on myspace and I told her I'd make sure to pop in and say hello to everyone. ;) I do lurk now and again, but don't post a whole heck of a lot. Things have been busy, which is nothing new for me. But life is good, great actually. :drool: I moved in with Curtis, have FINALLY started hitting the gym, and am just enjoying life!

So today was fun, but man am I paying for it now! lol. We went to a wine tasting in Stonington CT and spent the day (which was 95, sunny, and humid) sitting in a field drinking wine, then we went to dinner at a great steakhouse and I had a super yummy meal. I didn't eat too much, but came home and pretty went to bed shortly thereafter so I woke up uncomfortable and decided to come surf the web. lol. No reflux so to speak, but I think dinner is still sitting there - and maybe some of the wine too. lol.

Anyway, thanks for finding me Pat! I'm glad to see all you guys are still doing well. :lol:

Hey Crispy gal, glad you stopped by.

Betty, OMG, I can't believe you finally got approval, I'm soooo excited for you. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to have mine done AGAIN, it just seems so crazy to have another reduction, with implants, but in order to get the perk I'm looking for, that's what it's gonna take ;).

I'll check back later, came home with a great buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz last evening, hubby went out for a quick rider on the jetski, came back with Zac, 2.5 yo gson, yep, to spend the night. His dad was out on our other boat, which he came and took out while we were gone, and ASSumed I'd love to have him spend the night. Like I've said b4, I love my gkids, but I hate all nighters, because I keep my room 67 and don't sleep worth a flip, because I spend all night covering them up.

Ok, gotta run, catcha ya later gals, hagd!

KAT, where are you? I hope you're ok.

Howdy folks!

Yesterday was a great relaxing day, well evening anyway. I taught a Reiki I class by myself yesterday because my partner has been tide up with family things and planning for a business trip. Did pretty good by myself so it was nice to get that done and know I can handle it by myself if I need to. After class DH and I headed out to Lowe's to pick up some weed killer (dang things are taking over my garden and I HATE picking them out by hand yuck) and picked up some of that outdoor fake grass rug for the deck. That thing gets so darn hot it burns my feet trying to walk around the pool. This helped cool things off quite a bit and whats really great is they had a different color not that green stuff. This one matches the deck color with mixed tan/brown/white/black threads and whew a big different on my feet. We're having that big cookout next weekend and I didn't want people burning their feet so this is nice. After that we had friends over to sit by the pool. I was telling DH lets not make a big deal for dinner because I want them to feel they can come over anytime and not feel like they're making us cook alot etc. In other-words it remains relaxing for everyone so they'll come over more often. BUT...my friend being the Portuguese woman she is, just love her, her culture much like my Italian friend Chrispy's lol, ALWAYS involves food and plenty of it. Anyway, my friend brings over the entire fixings for stuffed green peppers and her DH on his way home from work brought over Mudslides and Bud Light with Lime. Cripeola...so much for the simple throw hot dogs on the grill thinking! DH ended up cooking the peppers on the grill which worked out awesome an didn't heat the house up and we all used the pool while they were cooking. After dinner we sat around a nice fire and had some drinks. Oh yea that helps with the calorie count but, hell it was fun hahaha. I had a buzz going and they all laugh. I guess I relax hahaha. Man...those things went down WAY too smooth. So we toasted marshmallows and jibber jabbed it was really nice :drool:

DH is already off this morning using his metal detector with a neighbor from my old neighborhood. So the guys got into this metal detector thing and his wife is on her last day of motorcycle lessons/license testing so she can go riding with me :lol: Too funny. She saw me on my motorcycle and said she always wanted to do that and it was on her kick the bucket list and signed herself up. We'll be riding together.

Can someone answer this for me? Why do guys carry cell phones if THEY DON'T ANSWER THEM? Grrrrrr trying to get ahold of DH who specifically said "I've got my cell phone" and yet he doesn't answer it. Amazing...good thing it's not an emergency GEESH! ~small rant there haha~ Teens...yeap they can raise your bloodpressure too. Oh yea we're starting off on a good foot today ;) Soo shortly the teen will be leaving the work, DH says he'll only be gone a few hours but, since I know better...looks like a quiet morning of me, Laundry and the foodnetwork. Yeap hahaha. I think I may just go get myself pedicure! Hmmm sounds good hahaha. Now if they give me one of those Mudslides while I"m in the chair I'll be in heaven hahaha

Oh the reflux....ok I DON'T know why.....I can't figure it out....but it's been not as bad. NO I haven't lost weight, if anything I've put more on grrrr yet....out of the last 5 nights maybe once I woke up with the choking feeling. Go figure! I just just don't get it. I can't figure it out I really can't and it's so frustrating but, I'll take it. TOM is due next weekend so I'm sure I'll be starting the dang cycle all over again with it. I'm suppose to see the Bariatric doc next month......if this no reflux keeps up I'll probably be headed for yet another fill. Can't they just wire my mouth shut booo hooo. Sorry Sherry...liquids only for a month. yea right.....i'd be drinking those mudslides hahaha

Betty - Wow on the approval. That's great. Again I'm jealous....well not of the actual surgery but of the wonderful results people get :tt2: I'm looking forward to getting things FIXED someday not the junk you have to go through healing but, the results. That's great and I'm happy for you! Keep us posted :)

Pat - I thought you were definately going for the surgery again. I didn't realize you weren't sure. Hmm not sure I'd like a last minute babysitting job either. Especially if you were just planning on going home and relaxing. I'll have to see what my son ends up doing once he has kids. I'm sure I'll be in the same boat :) You're nice for doing it though...my mom never really watched my son for me but, once a year maybe and only for a few hours. She just never really would and would make you feel terrible if you asked. So I didn't go far or for long without him. Hope your son appreciates what he has, he's very lucky.

Chrispy - It's about dang time girl lol. All domesticated and all you :) Looking forward to the party next weekend and seeing you and Curtis.

Diane - Sounds like the get together of the NJ Gals was fun :) Hmmm might have to try me one of those wo who things hahaha.

Donna - You'll love the Cape. You can litterally go all the way up 28 and see lots of things. Definately take in downtown Hyannis if you can. Great little street to walk up and down...nice shops, restaurants and then there is the peer. At the peer you can see the fish boats come in and out, deep sea fishing boats, and the tour boats and they have this cute walk with sheds on either side filled with crafters. It's really nice. Of course there are so many Christmas Tree Shops down there too.....good stuff cheap hahaha. Not Christmas stuff year round but, little do dads, household stuff, munchies, cripe just about everything except car parts lol. You'll be about 45-50 minutes from me actually. Have fun! Although...you're probably just about there right now lol

Trish - I hope the tests work out ok for your mom. You're amazing taking care of so many. Please remember to take care of yourself too huh? The pool might be ok but,the aerobic part probably did push it so take it easy :) Sounds like you're doing well with it all though. Funny story about the frog actually hahaha. I had a tree frog that constantly kept getting into my bins that hold the patio furniture pads. What a freaking mess with his poopies. Tiniest frog but, man oh man he made a mess! DH would take him out and he'd end up back in there every night. Couldn't win. I don't know what finally happened to him though as he's not there this year. Maybe it was his time to go or he found another frog to hook up with hahaha.

Yeap Laundry is calling me and I don't wanna do it. I was lazy and didn't do it all last weekend soooo now I'm really in trouble lol. I have no choice! Soooo I'll go start that now. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday...man it's been HOT and humid around here! Might get that pedicure and then jump in the pool lol

Hugs!

Hello Y'all,

I am going to try again to post, hopefully I won't lose it all again. I am going to keep it shorter, maybe I won't be so mad if I lose it again. :eek:

Sherry - I am glad you are feeling better with the reflux! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Diane - You look great! You are doing so good with your band!

Donna - Hope you are enjoying your trip!

Pat - I had to be approved twice! the first time they approved it right before my insurance changed, so I had to resubmit it again. My doc wants to do it this thursday, but I don't know if I can get everything done by then. I have to call for short term disability, so I guess I will try tomorrow to get that done, if not I will have to do it next week. I can't wait! I am ready to get rid of some of the girls!:unsure: I am not ready for the pain, but I will be glad to be able to buy a bra in a regular store!

Trish - We had one of the biggest frogs I ever saw in my life in our pool a few years ago. We took pictures of him because he was bigger than my dh hands. He had a hard time catching him because he was so fast. He finally got him and put him way out in the yard in some beds of flowers. the next day we got up and he was back in the pool!

Well, going to try this and see if I can post!

Well, just got home from the hospital and had my pre-op done. Now if all my blood work comes back normal I will be in surgery thursday the 24th at 12:30. Say a little prayer for me, I want this so bad!

Wow Betty didn't realize you were getting this done already. Wow that's great. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Awwwwwww Betty, I want this so bad for you, because you want it so bad for you! You're such a sweetie! Your bloodwork is gonna be just fine and next thing ya know, you'll be in recovery and getting better feeling every day!!!! So happy for you :seeya: You'll have the prayers too!

Hope all goes well with the additional testing, Betty.

Chrispy!!!! great to hear from you...you sound so happy!

Here's a gripe.....Don't ya just hate it when you check out the pictures on LBT and can't see the poster's face because of an ad for Lap Band solutions !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Y'all!

Things are looking better, but wouldn't you know just when I needed him my PCP is out of town. I can't see him until the 8th of August. I did have my ekg redone and it is fine so as long as the pcp says everything else is ok I can be rescheduled. My ekg came back saying I had a previous heart attack, which is not true. It was just a machine error but scared me to death. I went in as soon as I could the next morning and had it redone and things were fine. I was worried to death and didn't sleep all night though. I guess I have to follow my true feelings in saying everything happens for a reason, so if I am meant to have this thiings will work out. If not then I am just going to have to lug these things around forever! lol

Diane - I guess I have to send the monkeys out again for everyone but you! Thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot to me!

Going to go get dressed and head out the door. I don't want to be late after taking half a day off for that test yesterday.