Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ July 2008 Chat

DJ thanks for the compliment on the 3 picture shot. Unfortunately, more than a year later I'm still the same as shot #3. My fault and then again not helped by the reflux issues and unfill either but, still I'm the one putting the food in my mouth. Lovely 1st shot huh? hahaha. That was taken at 4am the morning of my surgery...ewwww lol

Sherry, what 3 picture shot did I miss? (I wanna seeeeeeee!!!). Really sorry to hear about your neck....I hope it at leas a bit better by now. And as far as the reflux issues go, I don't get tired of hearing about it or think thats all you talk about! I at least know how you are doing, if you talk about it, I know where youre at with it. hope ya get some relief soon.

Kat, I hope you're doing ok...havn't heard from you in a while...miss ya.

Betty, glad the party was a success (wish I coulda been there,lol)

I'm still sick with the summer cold....I'm usually like the energizer bunny, but today I was veggin' in the bed 'til about 1:00 in the afternoon!!! Geeze! Headache won't go away, only have one nasal passage open, coughing, sneezing......OMG! JUST A COLD!!! UGH!

man.....bored today...plenty to do but I don't wanna..know what I mean? Ended up picking up some of the office today, what a mess. Ended up with 3 full bags of recycleable paper/magazines and a trash bag full of crapola. Got a laundry basket full of stuff I should sell on ebay or put on Craig's list but, who the heck has time? Oh well :) Should start some laundry....ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Diane - thank you for your kind words :( I think the picture is in my profile. I had to check twice when she posted it because I didn't remember hahaha. There is a NJ picture thread too and I think I put it in there before too.

Anyone on myspace? My name on there is SherryW411 if ya wanna peek :P

Good Morning Y'all!

Just sticking my head in for a quick hello this am. My dh left the big industrial fan running outside all night, and when I turned my dryer on this morning it blew the circuit breakers. I had to go out and find the right one, then go out and turn off the fan so I could finish getting ready for work. Now my makeup is all messed up and my hair is drooping. Men! I bet his ears burned some this am. lol

Catch you all later!

Yes, I'm here! I went to the dr for my post op appt and I lost 15 lbs! I'm so excited; only 101 lbs to go. lol I hope everyone is having a great week.

Actually Betty, you might still have to turn the monkeys loose!!!! Just not on me, hee hee! Well, the good news is that the cold has gotten a little easier to deal with! Still got it, but not as bad.

Donna, BIG CONGRATS on the 15lb. WL!!!!!!!! Yeah! WTG!

Me, on the other hand (ahem...) well, I have to say I have been way too reckless with my food choices! My addiction is sweets :blink:. I also have been reading, possibly too many posts, from too many threads about fills. Boy oh boy, after reading all that stuff (and being banded for eight months now), you would think I should have had at least 4 fills by now! I still do pretty good, IMHO, at trying to get in the 90 grams of Protein the doc recommends (I usually end up with about 65-75). Many months ago, I finally changed my weight ticker to 196, because I actually hit it two days in a row! LOL! Then I haven't seen it again!!!!! GRRRRRRR! Havn't been below 198 in quite a while, and too lazy to change the ticker!) I added exercise, and while it's not a lot....it's something!!!!! Clothes are fitting only the teeniest looser...hardly worth mentioning. I seem to be having more and more slime episodes with the food that's good for you. I try to pay attention to eating slowly and chewing well, and still..... So, now I'm not sure if a fill is what I need or not (because of the slime), the appt., however, is already made, since I had a slight unfill off my 2nd fill, thought I'd try just a teensy fill, plus no sweet treats, and see what happens... :wink2:.

So what do you think veterans? Have you already been there, done that?

Would love some response on this, even if it's chastisement!!!!

Hugs all!

Sherry, how's the neck feeling today?

"CHASTISEMENT", were you calling me Diane? Who me, would I ever do that, Ms Sweetie, er I mean sweet..eater. As somewhat of a veteran, I would say you need, as my doctor would say, a tweaking. I know the price is the same whether it's a tweak or a fill, but it maybe what breaks that "plato".

My band is very finicky, it's tighter in the AM, it's tighter when the temperature is hot or I get overheated, (ok, Eileenie, get your mind outta of the gutter) or when I take that first bite after not eating for a while. I haven't had a fill for more than a year, and I still have my slime moments.

Anyway, my point is yes, I do think you need a fill....so we can get together for liquids :(, just kidding. On a more serious note, I do think a tweaking could make the scales start to move :lol:. Not only will it make you take more time chewing, just knowing you've had a fill, but will probably distract you from the sweets. I have to share this, I was making my bed this morning and there was this great big brown stain, around the top border of the sheet, I thought wth is this! I went to brush my teeth and there was a similar stain on my gown! :):eek: Warning! eating chocolate Nutty Buddies in bed, may cause stains! :thumbup:

Ok girlies, no monkeys for me, I've been here.

Donna, congrats on the WL, are you on munchies yet? Time flies!

My guys are here putting the shingles on our new boat house, looks like I'll be serving lunch...lets see, Dominos or Papa Johns, LOL.

Later...

Good Morning Y'all!

Good to you more here! It's really hot here now, we've already hit 100 several times and now 102 is in the forecast for later this week.

Diane - I am the opposite of Pat, when I am sliming I am too tight and need an unfill. I guess everyone is different. What are some of the foods that you eat when you start sliming? It just might be a certain few foods that is causing it.

Donna - Congrats on the 15 pounds! that is so cool, I am doing the "happy dance for you"

Well, got to run, we have a big meeting at work today and all the big shots from CA is going to be there.

Catch you all later!

OMG, Pat!!! I'm ROFLMAO!!!!!! I've had the same "stain" thing happen to me, and for the same reason too: Chocolate! (too funny:laugh:)

Thanks so much Pat, Betty, for the advice/opinions. I really, really appreciate it! Hot weather may make the band tighter???? Maybe THAT's the deal!? I already know about mornings! Cripe, I bought new vitamins: one-a-day women's health....can you say "horse pill"?!!!! Hard to take in the mornning when I can remember them, unless I break it in two. Particular problem foods? chicken. Definatley chicken. Sometimes it seems like anything makes it mad, other times...nothing. Go figure. Yeah Betty, I thought maybe I was already "pushin' it" since I've beenn slimin' so much...and I also agree with Pat...maybe just a "tweek". I'll let you know how it goes. the fill is a week from today. We gotta get together Pat:wink_smile:

Miss ya Jessica...know you're havin' a blast!

Good Morning lovely ladies and thanks for the congrats. I know I have a long way to go, but I have to start somewhere.

I am actually able to eat mushies and soft foods. I don't have to do anything pureed they said because I'm doing so well. When do people start sliming? After fills? It hasn't happened to me yet. I have my first fill on Aug 6th, so I hope I don't find out!

Diane, one of the best things about this thread is nobody does chastise each other. I've read some of those other threads... it's scary in some of those places; people can be miserable. What's the point? We're all human and support goes a lot further than chastisement.

Pat and Diane, where are the chocolate stains coming from, I'm almost afraid to ask? I'm lucky not to have a big sweet tooth. Give me a bowl of spaghetti or a greasy cheesesteak anyday. :redface: (it looks like those days are long gone)

Question: When did you add alcohol back into your diets? I'm going on vacation in a week and a half and I would really like to have a few!

Well, thanks for listening and have a great day.

Donna

Good Morning Y'all!

TGIF! Now, just get me to 5:00! I am so ready for the weekend!

Donna - My doctor told me I could have a drink at 4 weeks. I had a glass of wine and didn't have any problems. Although I didn't stop at one!

I only slime if I am too tight, and eat something that sticks on me. I have only done it a couple of times since I have been banded. For me it is a sign I am too tight.

Pat - So, did you decide what you are going to do about the girls? I still think he shouldn't charge you the full amount, after all you did tell him what you wanted to start with!

Diane - So, did you decide what you are going to do about the fill yet?

Kat - where are you? Didn't the monkeys find you yet? You must be hiding good!

Elieen - Looking forward to your post tomorrow. Sure do miss you during the week.

Darcy girl if you ever check this we sure miss you. Stop in and let us know how you are doing.

I lost Darcy's email when my computer crashed, does anyone have it?

Mandy - Girl where in the world are you? Come on and post and give us an update!

Jessica - Hope you are having a great time!

Trish - How are you doing? Catch us up!

Well, time to jump in the shower and get dressed for work. At least it's jean day today so I don't have to dress up unless I want to. Guess what? I don't want to! lol

Thanks for the information, Betty. Now I won't feel like I'm doing something wrong when I have a few.

Pat, thanks for all the soft food suggestions. When I went to lunch yesterday I ordered huevos rancheros and ate the eggs and Beans. I'm trying to stay away from lots of carbs since it seems the more I eat them, the more I crave them.

I'm anxious to hear how your fill goes, Diane. I'm looking forward to my first one. How many does it take to notice? Is Dr. Clark conservative with the fills?

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Donna

Trish - did you continue to lose after going on mushies? How long until you can eat real food. I'm 8 days out and its on my nerves a bit; just the repetitiveness of it all. I'm looking for some variety. I see the dr on Tuesday so I assume he'll put me on mushies then. OH.. where are you in So Jersey?

Hi all! I've been reading, quickly, here & there, and not actually signing on. So I thought I'd catch up a little tonight. (Besides, I'm trying to stay away from food... Hunger is getting to me tonight.)

My physician recommended 10-14 days liquids, 10-14 days mushies, then through 6 weeks, soft food. I'm eating most things, but very carefully and chewing thoroughly. I'm sure that I'm tolerating some things now that won't be possible after my first fill. (on 7/28). Like Pasta, bread, etc. Anything that would normally be difficult to digest (steak, fibrous food), I'm trying to steer clear of. I did stop losing when first transitioning to more solid food, but I saw that you are down 15 lbs so far (you go girl!) I had two episodes of pacing the floor in the middle of the night with pain after eating some watermelon and the other happened when in the afternoon I had eaten a little popcorn at the movies and took about 3 sips of soda.

I live in Woodstown, NJ. It's Salem county, right near Delaware Memorial Bridge. Moved here last year from about 1 hour north in order to be closer to my job.

Trish - How are you doing? Catch us up!

Not much more to add. I'm down 25 pounds and am really happy about that. It's wonderful to just have hope now that things are going to just get better. I told my Mom yesterday that its a great feeling to not have to say a prayer that "it will fit" as you are putting on your pants/jeans/shorts. No more of that dreading feeling...

I'm trying to walk every day. Most I've been able to get up to is 1 mile. I probably could have gone farther, but my kids were wanting to get back home to the computer, and the fat dog (My golden retriever, Cooper, probably weighs about 130 lbs) couldn't make it around the block. Next time, they are all being left at home!

I am so happy to be able to chat with you ladies and get the benefit of your wisdom with this journey. Thanks so much for being there. :thumbup:

One more thing....

Has anyone had this problem? My stitches are the dissolvable type that are supposed to be internal. THAT's the problem...on the edge of 2 incisions there is stitch material sticking out. Ever so slightly, probably just one stitch, but there nonetheless. I tried pulling on one because I figured that the end that was inside of me probably had disintegrated already. Nope. (Okay, in retrospect, probably stupid to have done that). I'm hoping that they just need to be snipped and I probably could just go to my family doctor. Anyone have this problem?