Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rachel Ray is an idiot

RR always struck me as a little masculine. Not that I care either way (or that it's any of my bees-wax), but I always thought she was gay....I was a little surprised when she got married.

You kill me with that. :lol:

I'm a huge lesbian and she's never struck me as gay. I swear I thought you were going to say you thought she was a man posing as a woman or something.:thumbup:

But dude, she might be a tom-boy but she never tripped my gay-dar.

And watch out it's the super girlly ones who are going to surprise you for liking the other girls.:lol:

okay Paula, turn down the Scarlett - we don't actually speak that way here.

HYSTERICAL! I too am southern but think Paula's adorable (sorry). But I also don't want any cooking shows so I've only seen Paula in small doses.

re: RR - God love her, she grates my nerves. She is definitely overly exposed and her magazine is awful. I don't wish her ill; just let me miss her for a sec, sheesh!! :lol:

And watch out it's the super girlly ones who are going to surprise you for liking the other girls.:lol:

Lipstick lesbians!!! Today's news is that Rosie and her honey have or are breaking up. I'm straight but think Rosie is damn lucky to have a gf as pretty as Kelly. I can't imagine dealing with Rosie's drama. Oy!

You kill me with that. :lol:

I'm a huge lesbian and she's never struck me as gay. I swear I thought you were going to say you thought she was a man posing as a woman or something.:thumbup:

But dude, she might be a tom-boy but she never tripped my gay-dar.

I didn't mean it bad. I have some lesbian friends (in fact, I'll be attending their 4th O' July pool party) that I adore. I just mean that's how she always struck me. BTW, my lesbian friends have told me that a sizable number of lesbians have been married (to a guy) for a variety of reasons. You've been pertty vocal in past postings about your sexual orientation, Juli....so I'd not post something purposely hurtful to ya. Just thought I'd share my impression.

Nanook- lol, it's the raspiness. I spent a lot of time in New England, so I can't get on any one for their accent... as long as it's not a one word accent like Giada! For Giada, spaghetti isn't spaghetti, is Sp-a-ghett-ee. lol, yes very annoying!

When I hear it it's more like spaa-geeeeeeeeee-teeeeeee:lol:

And I asked my daughter's friend who majored in Italian if that was correct and I guess it is but still sounds weird to me!

I also feel bad for RR because of all the rumors that came out about her hubby and the prostitute and the spitting and the toes and all that in one pot it's got to suck!:thumbup:

I also feel bad for RR because of all the rumors that came out about her hubby and the prostitute and the spitting and the toes and all that in one pot it's got to suck!:thumbup:

What?!? Do tell!

What?!? Do tell!

No because that would be gossip! And I heart me some RR!:thumbup:

Juli....so I'd not post something purposely hurtful to ya. Just thought I'd share my impression.

It's all good. I never said she wasn't cute. She can play on my team anyday.

I just never thought she was gay. Is all. No hurt feelings here.

Guest Leslie2Lose

HYSTERICAL! I too am southern but think Paula's adorable (sorry). But I also don't want any cooking shows so I've only seen Paula in small doses.:thumbup:

I've watched her a few times - the overstated accent just gets on my nerves. I also don't watch her because I'm tempted to make the EVIL dishes she cooks - each one has to have at least 1000 calories a piece. I turned her show when I was in mushy hell - I wanted to lick the screen it looked so good!

I guess the overstated accent bothers me because I had a friend of mine do the same thing. In my single days we'd go clubbing in PC and end up hanging out with a lot of the airmen at the local base. They'd comment on her accent - and "Scarlett" would come out. They thought it was so cute. I'd just roll my eyes when they asked why I didn't speak like her. Please!

Paula's food is like a heart attack on a plate! My mom HAD to make her corn casserole last Thanksgiving. It was awesome but I actually couldn't get off the chair. My stomach looked like a giant balloon of lead, felt like it too.

Confession....

My husband thinks Rachel Ray is hot! He actually said that she reminds him of me. (I tried not to be insulted...LOL) I told him that I'm NEVER that perky...thank god. You know, why couldn't he say that I remind him of Angelina Jolie or Scarlett Johanssen? That would be a compliment...but no...I get Rachel Ray.

And an aside....why can't we say "extra virgin olive oil?" I hate when she says ...E-V-O-O.

Pre-band I made one of Paula's brownie recipes that called for 4 STICKS OF BUTTER! I can't believe I made them, lol. I stay away from her recipes now.

Leslie, DH hates her accent too! Every time he sees her pop up on the screen he rolls his eyes. He can't stand her. You know how she makes up her own words, like saying "romantical" instead of just "romantic", well DH does the same thing. He makes up his own words all the time. I was playing around with him one day when he made up a word and asked him if he was kin to Paula. He actually got mad at me. He knew I was kidding but he dislikes her THAT much, lol.