Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Exercise Challenge

Of course im in! I found a 5k race to do on Friday too.

July 1 45mins weight lifting/45 mins swimming

July 2 5k run/45 spin class

Cera: Got a new nike plus sportband to track running...looks awesome...check it out on nikeplus.com

Wow, this is such a large, active group. I'm impressed with all of you.

Today I added a couple of minutes to my walk and increased the speed a bit too.

Banane43.gifJULY EXERCISE CHALLENGE - 22 DAYS OF WALKINGBanane43.gif

2/22 COMPLETED

TXBecky so glad you joined ...

today -

hubby is on vacation , so dragged him to my wkly conditioning class w/baylor football players @ 5am. i LOVED i kicked his ass in the sprint drills - i will keep doing the happy dance in his face all DAY long.....cause i can:tongue:

so the class was 90mins - all cardio & ab training...lots of stadium stairs/ladder drills/ & hurdle jumps.

will drag my horse out tonight for a long ride - been a few days & he misses the trott.

Of course im in! I found a 5k race to do on Friday too.

Cera: Got a new nike plus sportband to track running...looks awesome...check it out on nikeplus.com

whosya-I checked it out the other day. It is definately something I am going to look into. Funds is the only thing holding me back right now.

Good luck on your 5k on Friday. I am going to visit family in Des Moines, IA this weekend and found one down there about 2 miles from my mothers house. Going to sign up for it when I get down there. Should be fun. Noone ever thought I would run one. Now I'm doing my 5th one this year.:thumbup: Still shooting for my first sprint tri on the 19th of this month and another one 2 wks later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for working out, I hit the gym this morning for both workouts as I had to take my German Shepherd to the vet @ 9.

Here is the cycle I just finished for upper body:

Hammer Strength Rows: 60 x 12

DB press: 80 x 12

Incl DB press: 50 x 12

BB curls: 80 x 12

Tri cbl pshdwn: 80 x 12

DB lat raise: 25 x 12

Roman chair: 70 lb db x 12

Upright cble row: 80 x 12

3 circuits with very little rest btwn exercises. For those unaware of my workouts, I start off with reps of 7 for 3 circuits twice per week. Each week I increase by one rep. Weeks 1 through 3 build up strength. Then, as my body gets used to that, weeks 4-6 build up endurance. Same thing for lower body. This has been EXTREMELY helpful in my body change. This, plus doing at least an hour of cardio each day, are the main reason I've gone from wearing tight 3X shirts to XL that are only a little tight in the chest and shoulders. Midsection, even with excess skin, is perfect in XL's.

Not to brag (alot:rolleyes:) but the trainers I talk to at the gym keep telling me I make 250 look more like 220 due to how much muscle I've added over the past 10 mos. That and the fact women keep telling me I look great, just feeds my ego. I think DW loves hearing other women telling me this as well.

luluc-great job. I can just see you doing the dance in front of you hubby. You keep it up, you deserve it.

Wow!!! WTG everyone, we're off to a great start!

I just got in about 25 minutes of walking before it started POURING here in MA... hopefully will get more in later tonight before DH's birthday dinner.

Am also contemplating joining the local Y because I really miss swimming (swam competitively for 11 years) and would like to get back into it a few times a week.

Keep up the good work all!! :thumbup:

Beantown

Beantown...yes to joining the YMCA!!! Just make sure you see how busy it is at the times you want to go there. My YMCA is fairly empty in the mornings but it can get full in the evenings.

Swiming is SOOOO good for you. Running and cycling is all about being 'scrunched up' when you exercise...little short movements and swimming is the opposite it stretches you out and is all about effiecy (11yrs you prolly know all this).

HI all...

Today I did 3.18 miles on the treadmill and it took me 45 minutes. I'm hoping to have a much better time by the end of the month! Today I went bathing suit shopping and if that isn't the best motivator to exercise then I don't know what is...LOL. :lol:

Yes, I am in; I commit to working out at least 30 minutes a day and I will do strength training at least twice a week.

So far, so good! 30 mins of walking yesterday and 30 mins today plus 20 on the elliptical.

Working up to an hour of each will take me a little while, but it's worth it!

I am in! I am committing to:

60min gym workout 3x a week

30min walk 5x a week

20min swimming session 1x per week.

I guess Ill go work on putting that in my siggie.

Edited by chocolate_snaps

July 2 (evening) ElpitiKILL 30 mins/ 30 mins swimming

July 3 30mins weight lifting/ 45 mins swimming

You guys all ROCK! I didn't make it yesterday as I didn't feel to whippy last night. I had my 3rd fill yesterday and I always feel kind of yucky! Yeah, I know excuses, excuses. It was only the 2nd day and I've already missed! I'll make up for it today though!!

Whosya you are killin me! I can't keep up with ya so I'm going to stop trying! LOL. You are doing great! Good luck on your tri tomorrow! I can't wait to see your result!

I did a 35 minute walk today. Slowly but surely I'm working my way back!

Banane43.gifJULY EXERCISE CHALLENGE - 22 DAYS OF WALKINGBanane43.gif

3/22 COMPLETED

Whosya you are killin me! I can't keep up with ya so I'm going to stop trying! LOL. You are doing great! Good luck on your tri tomorrow! I can't wait to see your result!

THANKS!!! LOL! It is a 5k tomorrow and i am hoping to get close to 29mins.

Ill let you all know.

taking the day off - have dry socket from wisdom teeth removal last wk & have to have them flushed...ugh

tomorrow have a golf tourney - have a good 4th all~~~