Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I hate these ads that pop up in the middle of your post :angry:

I just noticed that an ad popped up in one of my old posts what the heck come on stay off of my posts. :)

Donna, Sorry about the seed. I know that must of been terrible. 7lbs! You'll be there in no time :D :D I gained 8lbs and went from normal back to overweight Grrrr!:angry:

Donna, Sorry about the seed. I know that must of been terrible. 7lbs! You'll be there in no time :D :D I gained 8lbs and went from normal back to overweight Grrrr!:angry:

Hope everyone has had a great summer. It sure has been hot in Texas. It's hard to believe it's been 3 years since by lap-band.

Some of you were talking about BMI, those are only words. I may never be in the normal rance but I've lost 117# and feel great. I'm 62 years old and have faced the fact, if I got down to where I had a normal BMI, I would look like a walking corpse because I'm so short. My lap-band doctor is very pleased with my loss and said that only about 68% of the people who are banded reach their goal. I have a 10 lb. range I allow myself and have stayed in that range for a year and a half. Life is good and God has blessed me with a wonderful life. Good luck to all of you.

I am still an "obese" BMI but have lost 120 pounds +/-. Over the last 3 months or so I have gained about 14 pounds, which is the first time I have gained since my surgery, so I am panicking a little. Trying to get back on track, take off the pounds gained and maybe another 10 or 15 beyond that. I am a size 14 and can be very happy there, just don't want to EVER gain again. Need to get back to walking every day, too. I know that will help.

Hello everyone! It will be my 4th anniversary in 3 days! I can't believe it's been that long. I'm getting close to my goal -- this last year I made better progress than I had in the years 2 and 3 combined.

Well Happy Bandaversary, And congrats on the progress!

How is everyone doing?

Hi Blaze, I'm good. Just need to find a new fill Doctor in Virginia because the wellness center I was going to closed down :( I think I might need a slight unfill as I've had a lot of acid reflux this last couple of weeks.but other then that all great. Howa bout you?

...hummm havent been here for a little bit...been dealing with cancer and just 2 mths ago was had 1/3 of my pancreas removed for pre-cancer...so its been a whirlwind. I also had to have my fill removed for a colonoscopy when the gastro doc decided that he wanted to do an endoscope...found I have pre-cancer of the esophogus too...sigh. I have lost a total of 130pd..but gained about 15 back...going tuesday to get a fill. The most I have ever had in my band is 4.5cc's and we had to back it up the.5cc's so I've never had comfortably more than 4cc's in my band, my doc says that is nearly unheard of...so I have no idea...right now I only have 1.5cc's and will probably get 1cc added...need that extra bit the jeans are feelin a little snug and I dont like that...funny how the added weight feels heavier than any of the weight I have lost! Im looking to really only lose about 10 of the 15pds, but I am doing Wii boxing and bowling...LOVE THAT! Hope all are well.

...hummm havent been here for a little bit...been dealing with cancer and just 2 mths ago was had 1/3 of my pancreas removed for pre-cancer...so its been a whirlwind. I also had to have my fill removed for a colonoscopy when the gastro doc decided that he wanted to do an endoscope...found I have pre-cancer of the esophogus too...sigh. I have lost a total of 130pd..but gained about 15 back...going tuesday to get a fill. The most I have ever had in my band is 4.5cc's and we had to back it up the.5cc's so I've never had comfortably more than 4cc's in my band, my doc says that is nearly unheard of...so I have no idea...right now I only have 1.5cc's and will probably get 1cc added...need that extra bit the jeans are feelin a little snug and I dont like that...funny how the added weight feels heavier than any of the weight I have lost! Im looking to really only lose about 10 of the 15pds, but I am doing Wii boxing and bowling...LOVE THAT! Hope all are well.

So sorry to hear about all you have been going through but am very glad to see you are better Thoughts and prayers are with you

Hello, July 2008 Bandsters! Just wondering how everyone is doing?

I ended up going from 265lbs to 155lbs! I felt great, and loved it! I did get pregnant and had my son Nov. 2011. I had to have a complete unfill during my pregnancy, resulting in my now 230lbs. I was just able to go get a fill (no more tricare, so now I pay for them), and I'm looking forward to loosing the weight again! The tech who did the flouro (done at every fill) says there is a kink in the tubing of my band. That resulted in her being unable to retrieve Fluid. We were worried it had a leak, but when she shifted some things around, she accessed the fluid. The kink is still there, however. I'm hoping this doesn't result in other problems. It probably happened during my pregnancy when everything got shifted around!

How are all of you? Great results? Complications? Frustrations??

Hey! I had my band done in Nov of 2008. I had to respond to you, cause I want to connect with someone that was banded around the time that I was. I have had my own issues with my weight. I didn't get pregnant, but I have been unfilled. Im am slowly working my way tighter. I would love to give you some support, cause I could sure benefit myself.

Today I decided to do full liquids, but ended up having to have a salad. I guess I will just restrict the starches. Cause full like only is not working out as I thought it would. I know its also a mental thing.

Well I was a July Butterfly and had done fantastic with my weight loss. I dropped 117lbs and kept it off until June 2013, I got a touch of the stomach flu from my granddaughter that changed everything for me. I was throwing up so much from the flu that it irritated my stomach and caused it to swell around the band and I just kept getting sicker and sicker. My fill center closed down and because of having the surgery in Mexico I couldn't find anyone to unfill me so needless to say things just went from bad to worse. My kidneys failed and I ended up in the ER with kidney failure so they called in someone to empty my bad and sent me to the hospital for a few days until my kidneys were functioning again. With that being said my band is now empty and I am here with the same issue, No one to fill it back up. I have gained 60lbs since June and feel terrible about myself, I hate having to see people because I feel like a failure and don't even know if I have the strength to start over again. Yes I know I'm whining but I am jus so angry with myself and disappointed as well. I know that only I am responsible for what I stuff in my face and it is my own fault Grrrrr!! I'm really trying to work on losing the weight again and could use a little encouragement. As soon as I get the chance I will update my stats and picture

Well I was a July Butterfly and had done fantastic with my weight loss. I dropped 117lbs and kept it off until June 2013, I got a touch of the stomach flu from my granddaughter that changed everything for me. I was throwing up so much from the flu that it irritated my stomach and caused it to swell around the band and I just kept getting sicker and sicker. My fill center closed down and because of having the surgery in Mexico I couldn't find anyone to unfill me so needless to say things just went from bad to worse. My kidneys failed and I ended up in the ER with kidney failure so they called in someone to empty my bad and sent me to the hospital for a few days until my kidneys were functioning again. With that being said my band is now empty and I am here with the same issue, No one to fill it back up. I have gained 60lbs since June and feel terrible about myself, I hate having to see people because I feel like a failure and don't even know if I have the strength to start over again. Yes I know I'm whining but I am jus so angry with myself and disappointed as well. I know that only I am responsible for what I stuff in my face and it is my own fault Grrrrr!! I'm really trying to work on losing the weight again and could use a little encouragement. As soon as I get the chance I will update my stats and picture

Well I'm starting from scratch, and there is plenty of room on this journey if you want to join me. This process is not an easy one. We have surgery, because we felt like we needed help, but the power lies in your abilities. You were able to loose the weight, and with God's help as before you can do it again. I wish I could be able to say I lost 117 pounds, but none the less you did, and those 60 can come off easy. I was told to pretend that you just had the surgery and go back to the basics. I am doing all that I can to keep the starches out of my mouth and my mind. I have plans for this body, and my season is now. Right now. So is yours. I am here if you want a partner.