Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I am back from my trip and happy to see that everyone seems to be doing well. I was correct in thinking that I wouldn't get any formal exercise in, but we walked soooo much that I actually lost 2 lbs! My NSV from the trip was that on the plane ride I no longer require the seatbelt extender like I did on my flight 4 years ago. Not only do I not need the extender, but there is quite a bit of excess that it can fold back a little! :) I don't really lose or gain much any more. I stay between 95-100 lbs gone from surgery. I gained some when my mom was dying, but lost that soon after her death. I will begin exercising at the gym again tonight. Oh, and I went for my checkup and my doc did bloodwork and it seems that I am HEALTHY. I have the horrible family history of heart disease, but my blood pressure, cholesterol and all blood work suggest that I don't have anything to worry about, so I guess if I have a heart attack I get to call him a liar and punch him...right? seems only fair!

Cynthia, keep you butt moving, girl. Don't stop!

Hey, Donna, Good to see you check in. I just came back myself. I am active on a different website, because I hate the format of this one now. :(

Hi Kimaly. Congrats on your weight loss journey. You've done great. I hate this format too. Has anyone told Alex it's terrible and he needs to return it to be more user friendly?

Has anyone seen/heard from Orea?

I wouldn't say pleased -- more resigned to realism. I don't think I'm even consuming a 1,000 calories a day but can't seem to really lose the weight. Overall since my lapband surgery I've lost approximately 40 lbs. I don't really fluctuate much so I'm maintaining the loss. I am hoping to lose 40 more lbs but my doc said the band has done all it's going to do and the rest is up to me. I think I need to start back on the exercise program.

How have the rest of the Butterflies been doing on their journey now that it's been 3 years?

I know how you are feeling. One girl I know has gone on Phenteramine and joined WW to get a jump start. She is doing really well considering she had to have her band removed. I took Phenteramine when I was on the last six weeks of my liquid diet last year. It really cuts your appetite. Of course you have to do the work because I have gained back 20 of the 30 I lost. Now, I am waiting for approval of a sleeve.

What other sites do you view?

Hi Kimaly. Congrats on your weight loss journey. You've done great. I hate this format too. Has anyone told Alex it's terrible and he needs to return it to be more user friendly?

I know how you are feeling. One girl I know has gone on Phenteramine and joined WW to get a jump start. She is doing really well considering she had to have her band removed. I took Phenteramine when I was on the last six weeks of my liquid diet last year. It really cuts your appetite. Of course you have to do the work because I have gained back 20 of the 30 I lost. Now, I am waiting for approval of a sleeve.

I don't really have appetite problems (as in getting really hungry and overeating). I do feel hunger from time to time but after a few bites of solid food I feel satisifed and ame fine. It's more the habits that is stopping the rest. For instance, I can eat a whole bag of microwave popcorn at night watching TV right before I go to bed. Usually that's 1/2 my caloric input for the day. I need to change those bad habits to lose the rest of the weight.

Hey everyone - I hope everyone is doing well. I have been reading here and there but just been so busy I am not on here much. I miss talking to my July butterflies but I agree since they change the format around it kinda stinks.

Just dropping by to say hello. Hope everyone had a good July and are off to a good August.

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Laddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess!

I'm so silly. It's been a long summer. I hope all of you are doing well. I'm doing well. I just reached 125 lbs down. I finally got my first goal gift; My Dooney & Bourke purse that I've been patiently waiting for. My boyfriend was being a sweetheart and bought it for me. I'll try to log in every so often. A lot has changed around here.

Take care!

Hi everyone,

Blaze I would love to get a D&B purse I should set that foe my major goal reward.

I am doing well. I have been exercising alot more and have my food under control all in all I feel really great after making a pack with my Dr to restart and refocus myself.

Hi ladies, Sorry I've been such a stranger. Nice to see you posting here again Donna. And Congrats on the D&B Blaze, There great and last forever.

All's well on my end and I hope ya'll are all doing well also. Have a great weekend everybody!!!!

I hate these ads that pop up in the middle of your post :angry:

Donna, that is what Dr Davis told me....the band had done all it is going to do. Since my BMI is still over forty my insurance will pay for a revision to a sleeve. I saw the doctor yesterday and now the paperwork is in and waiting for approval. Surgery should be Mid September. Want to lose another 80 lbs.

Go to a nutritionist and get help with your eating. You may need more calories .

I had such a horrible band day yesterday. I accidentally sucked up a lemon seed through my straw at lunch and I think it must have gotten stuck. I PB'd right after lunch and felt a little better but then an hour later in the middle of a very important meeting with executives I had to run out of the conference room to PB again. After that I thought everything was fine until I tried to eat dinner. I had a couple of bites and got stuck again and PB'd for the next hour. In the 3 years I've had the band I've only PB'd 3 time previous to yesterday. Here's to hoping I can eat today without incident.

On a more positive note, if I lose 7 more pounds I will finally get out of the obese category and simply be considered overweight.

On a more positive note, if I lose 7 more pounds I will finally get out of the obese category and simply be considered overweight.

That is awesome; However sorry about the seed getting stuck