Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I really want to start the exercise thing again, been really tired this week. I work late shift, work form home which is nice, and I plan on doing my Turbo Jam during my lunch hour. I want this extra weight to get off me..PLUS my nephews wedding is in Sept and I bought this AMAZING red dress to wear! Very 40's with a scoop sweetheart neckline and a peek-a-boo panel of white with red polkadots...my man, bought me the re peek-a-boo toe heels to go with it - YUM! I just fit into the dress and a few pds less on me would make it just that much better fitting...I really want some accountability, so maybe some of you could check in on me see if and how I am doing? I would appreciate it. *smiles*

I really want to start the exercise thing again, been really tired this week. I work late shift, work form home which is nice, and I plan on doing my Turbo Jam during my lunch hour. I want this extra weight to get off me..PLUS my nephews wedding is in Sept and I bought this AMAZING red dress to wear! Very 40's with a scoop sweetheart neckline and a peek-a-boo panel of white with red polkadots...my man, bought me the re peek-a-boo toe heels to go with it - YUM! I just fit into the dress and a few pds less on me would make it just that much better fitting...I really want some accountability, so maybe some of you could check in on me see if and how I am doing? I would appreciate it. *smiles*

The dress sounds amazing! Soooo, are you exercising yet?

Hi everyone--I thought I'd listen to some advice from one of the other monthly groups and start one master thread in which we have an ongoing discussion/updates. I don't know about you all but I certainly spend most of my time on these boards on the pre-op forum and the general forum, not here. It would be nice to have just one thread to go to once in this forum.

We can maybe start out with introductions?

As for me, I'm going the "online privacy" route for now (paranoid that people I haven't told about this will somehow stumble across me on this site I guess, which is crazy, I know) but I can give you the big picture:

You can call me Penny, I'm 27, single and live in the Washington, DC area. I have a background in politics (which is why I live in DC) but now I'm a librarian which is much cooler and way more fun (trust me on that). Oh, and there's no "Marion the Librarian" thing with me either. One of the things I hear most frequently (besides the cliche "you have such a pretty face") is "but you don't LOOK like a librarian", which is another one of those bizarre backhanded compliments that you never really know how to take.

Personality wise, I'm kind of dorky, big into public radio and books and popular science. Oh, I'm also a little on the paranoid side (as you may be able to tell from earlier in this post). Beyond that I'm just kind of silly and friendly, VERY much so into traveling and I'm an aspiring "green" domestic diva (but that's not going so well).

It's been almost 2 years since I was last on. How has everyone been?

It's been almost 2 years since I was last on. How has everyone been?

Hi Donna! How is it going? Well, I am up and down.....only lost 55lb.....then went on a liquid diet last year.....lost 30.....gained all of that back except for about 5lbs. So, I am waiting on approval for a sleeve. Dr. Davis said that the band did all it is going to do. I have a very slow metabolism...1100 calories a day to maintain so it is obvious I have been eating much more than that.

Are you please with your weight loss journey?

I'm doing good, Today is my Bandaversary Woo Hoo! 3 years. I'm happy with the way things have gone some ups some downs but just all part of the Journey. I understand where your comming from Charlene, I also have a very slow metbolism, I stick around 1000 calories a day just not to gain. That part of it is still hard. If I go up a little bit in calories I gain. But it is what it is. Hope all are well

The dress sounds amazing! Soooo, are you exercising yet?

I am! Thank you for checking in on me!! This week hasnt been as good as last week, but I am not going to beat myself up for it. Every day is a new day. I went yesterday for another fill, now I am up to 4cc's and that seems to be my magic number, I can feel the restriction when I eat and I have been missing that for the last 3mths since the band slip.

Again, thanks for checkin in on me! I appreciate it!! (((hugs)))

I'm doing good, Today is my Bandaversary Woo Hoo! 3 years. I'm happy with the way things have gone some ups some downs but just all part of the Journey. I understand where your comming from Charlene, I also have a very slow metbolism, I stick around 1000 calories a day just not to gain. That part of it is still hard. If I go up a little bit in calories I gain. But it is what it is. Hope all are well

Kimaly, you have done so good! I hope my BMI Will get into a normal range. I did start a Protein diet today. Protein shake, Protein bar( Quest bars are so good), tuna with a boiled egg, and another Protein Shake. I bought 100%egg protein online. The whey and milk products give me so much gas. So far today....no rumbles. I should here something on the sleeve soon. I will keep posting. HUGS!

Cynthia....how are you doing on your exercising?

Cynthia....how are you doing on your exercising?

:) just posted above...thanks for checkin in on me!!! (((hugs)))

Happy Bandaversary Kimaly!!!!

I am doing well I am refocused since my last fill to tackle my problem head on. I try to exercise at least 30 mins each day. I am trying to get more weight off to get off my diabetes meds.

Happy Bandaversary Kimaly!!!!

I am doing well I am refocused since my last fill to tackle my problem head on. I try to exercise at least 30 mins each day. I am trying to get more weight off to get off my diabetes meds.

Ditto on the Happy Bandiversary Kimaly.

I am happy to report that I have been off insulin for about four months and many health related issues of being heavy have disappeared for me, not the least of which is the diabetes though I still stick to the low carb diet. I was able to drop 75 but then 10 or so gradually slid back on so it is a constant battle for me too to keep to a single digit dress size and a low BMI. Never sorry I did it, but the skin is looser than I would like. Still working it. I find I do better when I watch this websight. Thanks to all of you for that. Even if I'm watching you incognito, you've helped me so much.

Thank you Ladies, Sorry it took so long to do so.

I am back from my trip and happy to see that everyone seems to be doing well. I was correct in thinking that I wouldn't get any formal exercise in, but we walked soooo much that I actually lost 2 lbs! My NSV from the trip was that on the plane ride I no longer require the seatbelt extender like I did on my flight 4 years ago. Not only do I not need the extender, but there is quite a bit of excess that it can fold back a little! :) I don't really lose or gain much any more. I stay between 95-100 lbs gone from surgery. I gained some when my mom was dying, but lost that soon after her death. I will begin exercising at the gym again tonight. Oh, and I went for my checkup and my doc did bloodwork and it seems that I am HEALTHY. I have the horrible family history of heart disease, but my blood pressure, cholesterol and all blood work suggest that I don't have anything to worry about, so I guess if I have a heart attack I get to call him a liar and punch him...right? seems only fair!

Cynthia, keep you butt moving, girl. Don't stop!

Hey, Donna, Good to see you check in. I just came back myself. I am active on a different website, because I hate the format of this one now. :(

...what website?

I know what your saying, I don't show up to often because I can't stand nor figure out the new format myself. But glad to see all are well. I sure wish I could get into the work out thing but I just can't stand it. Terrible I know but I do get a lot of swimming in, at least for the time being. I went off track again with my eating and am just getting back into the whole proper diet thing. so far so good. I'll check back in soon if I can find the thread again.

Hi Donna! How is it going? Well, I am up and down.....only lost 55lb.....then went on a liquid diet last year.....lost 30.....gained all of that back except for about 5lbs. So, I am waiting on approval for a sleeve. Dr. Davis said that the band did all it is going to do. I have a very slow metabolism...1100 calories a day to maintain so it is obvious I have been eating much more than that.

Are you please with your weight loss journey?

I wouldn't say pleased -- more resigned to realism. I don't think I'm even consuming a 1,000 calories a day but can't seem to really lose the weight. Overall since my lapband surgery I've lost approximately 40 lbs. I don't really fluctuate much so I'm maintaining the loss. I am hoping to lose 40 more lbs but my doc said the band has done all it's going to do and the rest is up to me. I think I need to start back on the exercise program.

How have the rest of the Butterflies been doing on their journey now that it's been 3 years?