Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Hi all,

I hope you dont mind me posting on here as technically I am a Sept 08 bandster. Sadly no one from my month seems active.

I know that altho I am more or less at target, I have become just a little complacient with my band and am not eating as healthily as I should be. I have returned to the site in the hope of finding some support and motivation. I also feel that I have a great deal of experience and positive support to give to others. Hope it is okay to join you guys.

I love my band....It was the best decision I ever made.

Welcome to our board we have some members floating around. We are active not as much as we were in the begining. I belong to another forum called "I'm here to help" below is the link. It is a very active thread Janet started it over a year ago we have people from all stages of there band. You are more than welcome to post any question here and we can answer it.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=60884&view=getnewpost

Hey Butterflies I hope everyone is doing well. We have been iced and snowed over her in GA which is not the norm. I was going stir crazy but was asked to come in and worked today which I agreed to even though I was off. I had to get out of the house.

How are the other Butterflies doing?

Hey Beverly I have a very trying year this year. Here's to 2011 and getting back into losing again we just have to go back and remember our steps that we used in the begining to lose the weight and get refocused.

Come on 2008 Butterlfies where did you all fly off too

Hello Ladies,

I'm sorry that I haven't posted here in a while. It's been a very hectic month. I usually come to this site via my phone, but since it's a real piece of poop, I had to find time to use my computer instead. Christmas weekend I went the entire weekend without heat and hot Water (14 degree days and colder nights). I complained to my landlord on Dec 26th, and he went ape shit on me. He cussed me out and called me all types of horrible names, that I will not repeat. In his tirade, he also told me that I need to "get the F***" out of his apartment, and find another place to live. I have been in this apt for about two years. I pay my rent on time, if not, early. In October 2010, he told me that I was one of the best tenants that he'd ever had, and he would give me $200 off of my December 2010 rent, so go figure.

So since then, I have been apartment hunting and packing. School started last week, my car died the day before, so I've been commuting 4 hours a day to and from school this past week, and will do so for the next two weeks. I live in the boondocks, so public transit is hard to come by around here.

I have been maintaining my weight loss. I've been too tired to eat. I am however, walking 5+ miles per day during my commute, so I am getting some exercise. I will be moving at the end of next week, so my commute will not be as bad. I'm still trying to navigate through this new site. I see that they removed some sections of the forum, and added others.

I hope all is well with you all. Talk to you soon.

Blaze!

Hello Ladies,

I'm sorry that I haven't posted here in a while. It's been a very hectic month. I usually come to this site via my phone, but since it's a real piece of poop, I had to find time to use my computer instead. Christmas weekend I went the entire weekend without heat and hot Water (14 degree days and colder nights). I complained to my landlord on Dec 26th, and he went ape shit on me. He cussed me out and called me all types of horrible names, that I will not repeat. In his tirade, he also told me that I need to "get the F***" out of his apartment, and find another place to live. I have been in this apt for about two years. I pay my rent on time, if not, early. In October 2010, he told me that I was one of the best tenants that he'd ever had, and he would give me $200 off of my December 2010 rent, so go figure.

So since then, I have been apartment hunting and packing. School started last week, my car died the day before, so I've been commuting 4 hours a day to and from school this past week, and will do so for the next two weeks. I live in the boondocks, so public transit is hard to come by around here.

I have been maintaining my weight loss. I've been too tired to eat. I am however, walking 5+ miles per day during my commute, so I am getting some exercise. I will be moving at the end of next week, so my commute will not be as bad. I'm still trying to navigate through this new site. I see that they removed some sections of the forum, and added others.

I hope all is well with you all. Talk to you soon.

Blaze!

Blaze I am sorry you are having so many troubles at once. What a crappy landlord. I hope you found something soon so will not have to continue that crazy commute. Nice spin on the walking (when you said at least you are exercising) I pray you can get so reliable car transportation and apartment soon. Keep your chin high you can do it heck you are handling it.

Kimaly since you like tattoos like I do you would understand this vent.

Okay don't think I am crazy but I am going to whine like a little kid for a moment. I am having a tantrum kicking my feet and pounding my fists. So we went out for dinner for my Mom's and my birthday. My parents gave me a hundred dollars (yeah) I wanted to get more of my tattoo done on my back but NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO I have to use it for bills. WTF why do I have to be an adult. Most of all of you know my job and money troubles so it only makes sense to use it for my bills. But come on I need a break. Okay I am done back to being an adult.

So where is everyone. Check in so we know you guys are okay. Miss talking to my fellow 08 banders

Hope everyone is doing well. I am still hanging at 129 pounds down, give or take a couple of pounds, for many months now. I am an obsessive weigher and weigh every day. I need to lose another 10 to 20 pounds to get where I NEED to be but can be happy where I am. The last few months I have stopped walking and gotten out of the habit but I am trying to get back to it. I count calories and don't go over by much, if at all each day. I need to do something to really shake things up and get the losing started again. Just wanted to check in.

Leigh

Surger 7/1/08

beginning 320

day of surgery 294

current 188.5

goal 170

Hope everyone is doing well. I am still hanging at 129 pounds down, give or take a couple of pounds, for many months now. I am an obsessive weigher and weigh every day. I need to lose another 10 to 20 pounds to get where I NEED to be but can be happy where I am. The last few months I have stopped walking and gotten out of the habit but I am trying to get back to it. I count calories and don't go over by much, if at all each day. I need to do something to really shake things up and get the losing started again. Just wanted to check in.

Leigh

Surger 7/1/08

beginning 320

day of surgery 294

current 188.5

goal 170

I am glad you checked in. You are a 129 pounds down that is awesome. You might want to consider the 5 day pouch test. It brings you back to basics kind of like a kick start to get any bad things you are eating out of your system. You can google it and come up with the rules of it. Several puple on another thread I post on are doing it and have great results. I am going shopping today so I can get back on track with my progess.

So where is everyone. Check in so we know you guys are okay. Miss talking to my fellow 08 banders.

Kimaly - R u doing okay?

Maggies Mom 1999 - How are you

Everyone else what are you up to?

hello ladies,

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm doing well. I made it through another crazy semester at school. I have a few weeks off, then back to summer school. I hope all is well with all of you.

Take care!

Hey Blaze, sure nice to hear from another Butterfly. Glad your doing well. Size 2 Wow! you go girl. For me alls well, I quit smoking and gained back about 15lbs and now i'm in the process of relosing it. got about 5lbs left but I'm getting there. Once again thanks for posting, I can never find this thread anymore unless someone post LOL Have a great one!!

Hey Blaze, sure nice to hear from another Butterfly. Glad your doing well. Size 2 Wow! you go girl. For me alls well, I quit smoking and gained back about 15lbs and now i'm in the process of relosing it. got about 5lbs left but I'm getting there. Once again thanks for posting, I can never find this thread anymore unless someone post LOL Have a great one!!

Me too! I don't find this thread unless someone posts. I have gained 15lbs. I had a cortisone shot for "trigger finger" in January and I started gaining. Ugh! I went and got a fill....really a tweak last thursday. I do have some restriction, but I am looking into getting a revision to a sleeve. I still need to lose 75-80lbs. I called my insurance and they now pay for a revision if I meet the criteria. We will see. I have an appt with Dr. Davis next month.

Kimaly.......glad you quit smoking. I know it was tough, but you will feel so much better. Keep in touch! Happy Mother's Day!

I think the sleeve is a good idea. with that said Happy Mothers Day to you also.