Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Kimaly, reality is we are not those skinny people with metabolisms that burn 2000 a day. I told you that mine resting was 1300. In order to lose I have to stay under 1200 a day and exercise. Neither one is happening right now. Old habits die hard especially during the holidays. Eat what you want........just write it down and track it. If you eat too much......drink a Protein Shake for one of your meals. You just have to do whatever works for you. Just don't go back to gaining weight , and by all means have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Kimaly, reality is we are not those skinny people with metabolisms that burn 2000 a day. I told you that mine resting was 1300. In order to lose I have to stay under 1200 a day and exercise. Neither one is happening right now. Old habits die hard especially during the holidays. Eat what you want........just write it down and track it. If you eat too much......drink a Protein Shake for one of your meals. You just have to do whatever works for you. Just don't go back to gaining weight , and by all means have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thanks girl, See all I needed was a reality check. That's why I come here when I need a pep talk or a good swift kick in the bum. It's hard to get that from other people because even if they try to understand they just can't relate.

Thanks girl, See all I needed was a reality check. That's why I come here when I need a pep talk or a good swift kick in the bum. It's hard to get that from other people because even if they try to understand they just can't relate.

No problem...........LBT is my AA for band support. This journey is a day by day trip. I need all the propping up I can get. My DH has lost as much as me, and he just had bypass surgery last July. Kinda ticks me off, but I am glad he is doing so well, and feels so good.

Okay, 2010, is our year for Goal!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem...........LBT is my AA for band support. This journey is a day by day trip. I need all the propping up I can get. My DH has lost as much as me, and he just had bypass surgery last July. Kinda ticks me off, but I am glad he is doing so well, and feels so good.

Okay, 2010, is our year for Goal!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree LBT is my AA too. I am glad your DH is doing so well. That's right 2010 is our goal year!!!

I really do hope 2010 is the big year for all of us. It has been a rough year. Go July Butterflies!

i really do hope 2010 is the big year for all of us. It has been a rough year. Go july butterflies!

it is our year for goal! Go 2010!

I really do hope 2010 is the big year for all of us. It has been a rough year. Go July Butterflies!

Go Butterflies we can do it.

I haven't been on here since August. I was waiting to see a doctor about my band because it never worked. I had to wait almost 6 months and my appointment was in the middle of Nov. I was doing well for awhile a book that I got really helped me, lost weight and then BAM I was back to eating sweets. Now here I sit eating a candy bar and waiting for another appointment to see the doctor in Jan. The place I was going to filled and unfilled me close to 20 times. The new doctor said they made have over filled it early on and ruined the band by strectching it out. When it strecthes out it does it an an area like a ballon, the whole band doesn't strectch just an area. Now I am where I am at and they are going to try to fill it and see if that was the problem or if it was over filled and my stomach strecthed out over the band and that is why I didn't feel full even though I would pb even things like lettuce. I just wished I could get in earlier even though it is the Holidays I would rather have a since of stability when dealing with the food issues. I am under a lot of stress because my business is slower this month compared to last year, my 18 year daughter charged with a felony because of haing pills on her and spent time in jail till I bonded her out and took her to rehab, my mother now has dementia and calls me up when she thinks some one took her cats. I opened the door and there they were running all over the place. Worried about paying our house payment and our bills. Worrying makes me EAT!

For a tighter tummy, a post that I read earlier. There is new lasers out there that even after one treatment will tighten the skin.

For Fibro, a post I read earlier. An LED light will help, you need red. I treat several of my patients with LED with Fibro. It helps so so much!

FYI I own a aesthetic medical spa.

I haven't been on here since August. I was waiting to see a doctor about my band because it never worked. I had to wait almost 6 months and my appointment was in the middle of Nov. I was doing well for awhile a book that I got really helped me, lost weight and then BAM I was back to eating sweets. Now here I sit eating a candy bar and waiting for another appointment to see the doctor in Jan. The place I was going to filled and unfilled me close to 20 times. The new doctor said they made have over filled it early on and ruined the band by strectching it out. When it strecthes out it does it an an area like a ballon, the whole band doesn't strectch just an area. Now I am where I am at and they are going to try to fill it and see if that was the problem or if it was over filled and my stomach strecthed out over the band and that is why I didn't feel full even though I would pb even things like lettuce. I just wished I could get in earlier even though it is the Holidays I would rather have a since of stability when dealing with the food issues. I am under a lot of stress because my business is slower this month compared to last year, my 18 year daughter charged with a felony because of haing pills on her and spent time in jail till I bonded her out and took her to rehab, my mother now has dementia and calls me up when she thinks some one took her cats. I opened the door and there they were running all over the place. Worried about paying our house payment and our bills. Worrying makes me EAT!

For a tighter tummy, a post that I read earlier. There is new lasers out there that even after one treatment will tighten the skin.

For Fibro, a post I read earlier. An LED light will help, you need red. I treat several of my patients with LED with Fibro. It helps so so much!

FYI I own a aesthetic medical spa.

Joiful, sounds like you not only have a defective band , but you are under a lot of stress. It is really hard to lose under those conditions. I hope you can get your band problem solved. I am so sorry you mother has dementia. I took care of my aunt with dementia for five years. Everyday was a new day. One day she knew me, the next she thought she was back in the forties and I was my mother. It is tough.

I am the one with Fibromyalgia. Now, who do I go to for treatment with light? When the weather changes, I hurt so bad. The weather has been warmer and sunny so the last two days have been great. I hope it stays this way through Christmas. I am starting on a medication this weekend that is supposed to help.

I called the doctor office today just to see if they have a cancelation and they do! So excited, hopefully the band will work.

Charlene we get the LED's through DPL. We sell them here and can sell them cheaper than what DPL will charge but I am NOT trying to sell you anything. I own a commercial grade LED that costs as much as some people make in a year. The unit is from DPL will help but may take more treatments and it is not that expensive. You can strap it on or sit in front of it depends on what you are using it for. They sell theirs for $349.99 and it should last you years. You can view some info about LED on our website at restorativelighttherapies.com I wish you well!

Hi all Merry Christmas to you all I hope you all enjoy being with your Friends and Family.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to all of you and all of yours!

Happy New Year Everyone !!!

Hi Guys,

I've been away for quite awhile. I'm pretty much living life like I don't have a band. I've just become complacent. It doesn't even bother me when I see other people doing well with their weight loss; I should really be jealous, but I just don't care!

I am just having no luck with getting my band filled. I've just had tons of abdominal pain. I went from March to November with an empty band. I got a 3cc fill and a week later I got H1N1 and had to have it all taken out again. I've only a week of good restriction the whole time I've had the band and I've been totally unfilled forr 85% of the time I've had it.

My abdominal pain is just getting worse. It is triggered by laying down, so by the time I get up in the morning it is just killing me! I feel like I have no medical home. I don't have a primary doctor and my surgeons office has too many patients so they have little to offer me. I suspect that my pain is coming from the adhesions located around my spleen. My surgeon told me that if my pain continued he'd want to take my spleen out.

I've come to the realization that my surgeon should had said no when I asked for the band. I should have got a sleeve. I can have it converted, but I don't want any more surgery for awhile. I also think that I need some pain management. I'm living on ibuprofen; yes I know this is a no-no, but I am in so much pain I have to. I also know I need to start doing some of this on my own; if I can't have my band filled I need to work harder to keep the weight off an hopefully lose more.

I guess we have a new health psychologist at the hospital here. I need to get in to see her. These problems are just too big to kick around in my head anymore. Nobody really understands what is happening with me. They see me still funcitoning and acting like a normal person, but they just don't get that I have messed up insides that just hurt so bad.

So that's my story for now. I hope everyone else is doing well.