Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I've been spending a lot more time on Facebook lately. Everything is good here. My weight loss on the other hand has been at a stall for 3+ weeks.

I've been spending a lot more time on Facebook lately. Everything is good here. My weight loss on the other hand has been at a stall for 3+ weeks.

Well just keep staying strong the scale will move soon. I just know it.

I went to the Dr today and instead of getting a fill I got an unfill. I have been sliming everytime I eat. The PA said the tissue was swollen due to the cortisone shot I got a month ago. I think she took out a half cc.

Charlene, that .5cc will probably make you feel so much better. Keep us posted.

What has happened? Do we all have lap band fatigue? I am still plugging away at this journey , but it is tough with this unfill. I AM HUNGRY! I go next week for a small fill. My stomach feels better though. OKAY, bandsters, CHECK IN! We can't do this alone.

I'm low on Fluid, too, after my post surgical unfill and partial refill. I've gained weight and am anxious to take it back off and start making progress again.

DH is talking to a prospective employer about a possible job that would involve moving across the country. We have been in this house 32 years so you can imagine the amount of stuff that needs to be dealt with if we do move. On the bright side, this would finally get my husband to part with his 8 feet of vinyl record albums! (Can you say packrat?) And it would bring us closer to our daughter and my sister.

He has a screening call from them tomorrow that should tell us a lot about if this is at all going to work for us. Any interest in him is heartening. It's been two months now he has been out of work. I wasn't an emotional eater until this.

Let's hear from the rest of you!

What has happened? Do we all have lap band fatigue? I am still plugging away at this journey , but it is tough with this infill. I AM HUNGRY! I go next week for a small fill. My stomach feels better though. OKAY, bandsters, CHECK IN! We can't do this alone.

LOL-Charlene, I was thinking the same thing about here and Janet's thread. Sorry you had to have .5 removed but it is for the best if you were Pbing. .2 did the trick for me when I once got a swelling. I had asked you about the cortisone shots because I am considering them for my knees. Maybe I will get .2 removed before I get the shots. Thanks for the info.

:thumbdown:I had a door smack me in the nose and break it so I have been laying low yesterday and today. It stinks, but I really can't smell.:unsure: I think the stress of my broken nose has caused my band to tighten, too. I'm being very careful!

Orea- glad to hear that your husband has a possibility. Our prayers at 3:00 on Mother's day must have worked. Good Luck!

Well, glad we are back on track here. It is good to have each other. Good Night, Everyone!

Edited by Barb12590

LOL-Charlene, I was thinking the same thing about here and Janet's thread. Sorry you had to have .5 removed but it is for the best if you were Pbing. .2 did the trick for me when I once got a swelling. I had asked you about the cortisone shots because I am considering them for my knees. Maybe I will get .2 removed before I get the shots. Thanks for the info.

I had a door smack me in the nose and break it so I have been laying low yesterday and today. It stinks, but I really can't smell.:unsure: I think the stress of my broken nose has caused my band to tighten, too. I'm being very careful!

Orea- glad to hear that your husband has a possibility. Our prayers at 3:00 on Mother's day must have worked. Good Luck!

Well, glad we are back on track here. It is good to have each other. Good Night, Everyone!

OUCH!!!! How painful! Please take care. Yep, I think the cortisone caused the swelling which caused the stomach problems.

Yes, Orea...........praying for your husband's job prospect. Sounds promising!

Checking in...........no, the ticker didn't move yet. Let's all keep in touch. We only have six weeks or less till our bandiversary. Let's don't poop out yet!

Checking in...........no, the ticker didn't move yet. Let's all keep in touch. We only have six weeks or less till our bandiversary. Let's don't poop out yet!

It is kind of scary to think only 6 weeks left till it has been one year.

I am checking in to say I am hanging in there. Let's keep strong everyone. We can all do it.

Checking in, nothing new to tell. scale still refusing to move. can't get a fill because I have a revision surgery on the 9th of June. (not for band) Hopefuly I'll get one the week after. Kinda kicking my own rear, Back in Jan. I thought my goal weight was doable by 1 year mark. Now almost 5mo. later and only 10 lbs less then Jan. weight I know I won't make it. I just don't know how i lost so much the first 5 mo. and now 10lbs in 5 mo.? Can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong. And still kinda confused about the whole fill thing. I'm just not sure when I need one. Anyway I am so happy things look better on the job front for your DH Orea. And wishing the best for all. I haven't moved my ticker in so long I can't remember my password, Darn it.

Kimaly, good to hear from you. What do you think is going on? I wonder if everyone slows down after about eight months. Well, I know my prob....too many calories and the hot weather. I started journaling again and I was eating about 1500-1700 calories. Also the warm weather makes me retain fluid....about 2 lbs in spring and summer. Well, I am going to keep journaling and maybe things will change soon. I am eating 1200 calories now.

Well, I can only assume it's me and not the band. I had breast surgery in Jan. and haven't worked out really much to speak of. And with quitting smoking I guess I've been putting to much in my mouth. But I'm gonna work hard to get back on track. I also beleave the closier you get to your goal weight the harder it is to loose. but I think we can all do this it's just a matter of time. I do wish I knew when I do and don't need a fill, when I got my last fill I was so tight and now I could eat a lot more then I do if I wanted to yet I've only lost about 10lbs since then. It just doesn't seem like enough to make me so loose again. OH well, guess we'll find out.

I'm still reading about July Butterflies in the weeds. I've lost 55, mostly after the first of the year when I've had a rough reaction to diabetes meds. I have done much better the second half I think as I find that the weight loss challenges are very motivating even if I don't hit my goal. They keep me focused all the time on a number and a shorter time frame. Mini goals with others seems to be the trick for me. I hate being one of the bottom "stuck" people in those groups so I try different things all the time to change, and shake up my system whatever it takes.

Hi Guys, It sounds like just about all of us are in the same boat about our weight stalling. My husband had a bad report on his diabetes and kidneys, so he has gone on a Protein and veggie only diet and I'm doing it too. I guess that's what I needed to kick start me again, because I only have a little over 20 lbs. to go to meet my goal. I can't get in until June 30th for another fill. I feel like I need a small amount because I could eat a barn door, but at least it's coming off again. I know I'm not going to make it within a year, but I hope to be close. I have back surgery scheduled for August 31st, but the doctor says it won't affect my band. I just hope I can reach my goal by then. Hang in there everybody, it will come in good time.

Orea - good luck on your hubbies job, you're in my prayers.

Ya'll have a good night.