Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Several people have suggested a place to post on a regular basis to save time going from one thread to another! I thought this would be a good title. Like reading the daily newspaper!

We are all banded now, and I will still update the line up when new people discover this site.

I look forward to hearing from everyone as we transform!

Awesome, Cathy, that you started a daily check in place for us. It's only fitting that you begin it since you got us going on the check in thread!

Can you believe tomorrow is July? I'm just so thrilled now that recovery has gone well to move on in this journey. I already started a bag for clothes that are 2 big. I had to buy 2 pairs of 3X capri/crop pants last summer when nothing in my closet fit. Those were so ugly too, they got the first honors. I am keeping my 'big' jeans and a baggy tshirt for my before outfit, everything else eventually goes in that bag! I have numerous sizes going down in my closet so won't buy too many new things for while, unless it's just something special as a reward for reaching a goal or something. Better than a food reward!!

I'm taking a break from doing the same thing. I have pulled EVERYTHING out of one side of my closet to sort. I have the IT FITS NOW pile, the ITS A BIT SNUG pile, ITS WAY TOO SMALL pile, ITS TOO BIG pile and the WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS I THINKING WHEN I BOUGHT THAT pile!

The too small stuff goes in my computer room closet, the too big pile goes to Good Will along with the what was I thinking pile. I know that I'll have to do it again right before school begins in late August, but it feels good to organize it now. I found stuff I haven't worn in 2 years that will look great when the year starts! It's like shopping for free!

Because I'm blogging and taking pictures as I go, I'm not keeping any of my big girl stuff except for my benchmark outfit and my tie dyes. I'll probably keep those until they fall off! :)

Unreal~! :lol: I doesn't seem possible that this is the end of June!:) All of us are banded now and I think several more will join us along the way! :drool:

Yes, I do remember all of us thinking our day would never come and being so excited!:drool:

Now we are just as excited about getting that first fill. :tt2:

I rode my bike with my grandchildren today for over 2 hours! We packed a picnic lunch and went to the "Greenbelt" (an 8 mile bike and walking trail) It was wonderful! And I could make it the entire way! :tt1:Actually, I wore the kids out!

My weight loss has stopped completely, but I have lost some inches. I suppose part of the first loss was Water from being so dehydrated! I think the loss is pure TRUE fat now! Yes! :frown:

I go to the doctor on Wednesday and hope to get a fill, if not I am sure they will schedule it for me.:confused2:

I have been off work for two weeks now, due to summer break! I teach for a state vocational college and we go year round, just get lots of breaks.:eek: Anyhow, I plan to walk a lot and maybe even ride my bike at least two days a week.:lol:

One more thing, My insurance company is Cigna and since I had my surgery a nurse from Cigna has called me and checked on me two times . Asking how I am doing, offering support and telling me how happy they are with my progress and just being very nice in general! I thought that was very good from an insurance company. I am going to be extra good and make this a success for all the others who will need the surgery so Cigna will want to pay for them too! Extra incentive to do good and be successful! :lol:

Finally, Thanks to all of you for the support and the friendship! It was my pleasure to do the line up! It truly was a labor of love! :drool:

Greetings: I have lost 17 lbs and I am stalled also. My Dr. doesn't want me to do any exercise except walk until I am six weeks post-op. Can I just tell you all how much I HATE EXERCISE!!!! I'm really gonna have to figure this one out because I know it's important to do. I just can't figure out how to motivate myself.

Also, I can't figure out how to change my weight on my little ticker thingy. Help would be most appreciated.

God's Blessings to all the JAZZY JUNES.

SUSAN

OMG!!!! I'm no longer Morbidly obese!!! I'm just obese!!! I just updated my ticker with my one pound loss today and it went for 40.1 to 39.9!!!! Whover thought it would be exciting to be obese?? LOL

someone asked above how to update their ticker. I just click on mine in one of my posts, it takes me to the site, put in my pin, hit 'edit update....' and then it automatically changes it in my tickers here w/o doing anything else.

Hey Folks!

I have had another great day! I rode my bike about 7 miles! I can't believe it! I take my Grandchildren to a place called the Greenbelt, (it is a bike and walking trail) and we have a ball! I am so proud that I can exercise!

I have not lost more weight, actually I am up a pound, but I know once they start my fills that will change. I am getting around 1000-1200 calories a day.

I go back to my surgeon tomorrow, I was hoping he would give me a fill, but the receptionist said most likely not! I would have to wait for the full 6 weeks. That will make it around the 18th! I will have to get the old will power out! I hope I can find some!

Congrats Long2bthin! I have a bit to go I think!

Living4Jesus: You are going great!

TXDiva! I need to get the junk out of my closet! I am such a pack-rat! I have every size you can imagine! I am like you! I am going to dump the clothes as I shrink out of them. I have already discarded 4 pairs of pants! I have clothes down to size 10!

Hope to hear from you all more!

Cathy, This is a great checking in place. I posted in the fills thread so I wont repeat that here, except to say its not a big scary thing like some people think. I just tried not to look at that needle!:lol:

I have also been cleaning out closets and getting stuff together for a yard sale I hope to have in a few weeks. I have a big box of clothes already including quite a few tops that I just bought a few months ago. I was in a giving up mood because my insurance denied me and the VA center did too. I thought this would never happen so I went on a shopping spree:confused_smile:. Dang I hate to give up those nice new tops but they dont fit and they are never ever GONNA fit again so I best get rid of them.

I don't feel any restriction or any changes at all since he put in 3ccs. I am going to have to have the willpower kick in and hopefully the 2nd fill will get me closer. At least I feel energized and motivated again. Wooooo Hooooooooo we can do this!!!

I went for my 2 week post op checkup today and I've lost 25 pounds since my surgery! I also got my first fill appointment. It will be September 17th; exactly 3 months after my surgery. That is way later than anyone else has talked about, but for now I'm okay with that. The more willpower I have, the more successful I'll be in the long run. I am not feeling great hunger nor having cravings, so if it stays like this I'll be okay.

Good evening!! I just got home from my support group meeting. It was really good. The surgeon and hospital I went to sponsers it. They are also beginning a clothing exchange so I donated a few items tonight. I look forward to being able to get some smaller things from there. right now the meetings are once a month but by fall they should be twice a month. Another really neat thing they announced is there is this personal trainer that is beginging 'Bariatric Training' at his gym on Monday nights for $15 and it's exclusively for bariatric surgery patients (band and bypass). I think I will try it when I am 6 weeks out.

Hi all...Cant beleive this is already day 22 for me and get to begin REGUALR foods! :drool: I'm feeling really good, except for that darn alergic reaction I had to the steristrips is still lingering on. It is much better now and just mostly iritated around the incisions. I've got lots of energy and been walking 2.5 miles per day, which is unbeleivalble. :tt1: My knees used to have so much joint pain that I would be up all night in pain just from an hour of shopping. Oh and I'm off my blood pressure medication! :thumbup: Time to start cleaning out the closet for me too.:w00t: Everyone keep up the good work!:thumbup:

Greetings everyone - not much news from me to share as I'm one of the final Jazzy Junesters...just got banded yesterday!! I've managed to get up and go for two short walks today - that felt pretty good. With all the anesthesia worn off, I feel like I've done a gazillion sit ups and punched in the stomach a couple hundred times.

My throat feels like I've got a bad case of strep - from the tube deal during surgery. Fortunately, they warned me so I wasn't totally suprised by the pain - but it is annoying. I've been keeping up with the Protein shakes and liquid intake. Cream of What has become my new friend. Looking forward to my check up next week and really looking forward to getting to the mushy stage!!

I enjoy reading all the posts and getting lots of good ideas on how to get through the first few weeks of recovery!! So glad to finally be on the other side of the band!! ~ Tai

Hi everyone,

Great thread great to see how all is doing. I seem to have an allergic reaction either from the stitches or all the drugs they pump us full but nothing to major. rash is on my hands and feet and tolerable. Im feeling pretty darn good im 5 days post op and returned to work yesterday with no problems, well except that im so swollen that i can't put my pants on LOL..So just cozy elastic bottoms for me right now. Im doing great on the Clear Liquids, heck just 2 days to go so im pretty happy. My surgeon says 3 weeks liquids, but i plan to switch to full liquids after the 7th day so it wont' be such a bummer. Hope all continues to go well for everyone. take care

hey armywife. I too developed a rash. Its all down my arms and around my torso. I just got me week check and staples out. they told me ot to worry about it so hopefully it will go away soon.

Other then that, doing great here and looking forward to my first fill. 4 1/2 weeks away!:thumbup:

Tai, I am glad you mentioned the sore throat. My dr. did not mention this and came out of surgery sounding like deep throat and would not figure out why. I also forgot to ask at my first post op visit.