Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had Pasta today. I didn't feel v. full or ill but I have worked hard to avoid wheat flour and other bad carbs and I did up right today. A piece of cookie cake in the afternoon. It was a really nice woman from work's b-day and another woman made an Italian feast. I normally don't like Italian but it was good. On the bright side I did get enough Protein with two turkey meatballs and some shrimp. I also avoided the alfredo sauce (easy because I don't like it) and the bread (easy because I was afraid it would get stuck). Somebody was taking pictures and it wasn't a very full plate of all, I was just a little dissapointed with myself. But on the other hand I didn't eat myself sick or go back for seconds.

But the sad thing is if I was going to eat Pasta I would have just preferred some plain old macaroni with a bit of butter. Ahhhh the fat girls comfort food - am I alone sisters? Somehow I doubt it!

If nothing else I am feeling more satisfied with my meals and the hunger is tolerable versus the pre-band painful hunger. Long may it last.

OK and one last little whine. I am feeling like major crap. The company who we have our insurance through makes us use crappy Medco for meds we take longer than three months. I send my order in last Monday but it didn't get shipped til Saturday so I ran out of my Cymbalta. Now I don't take it and not need it! I am already feeling crappy and on the verge of tears. I am praying it arrives tomorrow. Off to take some benadryl or something to get a nice sound sleep. I am super irritable.

Cathy - you are lucky to not still be zombified. With the CPAP I am still sleepy. Without it, forget it, I feel sick the next day. PLEASE GOD we get off them soon. It is so hard to feel sexy wearing that thing and never mind spontaneous sex, I miss spontaneous napping. sleep apnea was the final straw in realizing what a mess I'd become and needed this surgery.

Also I get puffy when I eat carbs it seems. Been eating anything different. My ankles were puffy today after the pasta.

Going to see my GP tomorrow. Wish me luck! Hopefully I will get some good news from her since my scale is wonky and I am not sure how much weight I have lost.

Oh and here is a TMI NSV I have to share.:embaressed_smile: I am wearing a sort of silky short sleeve dress shirt. I had pretty much quit wearing it because I just sweated too much in it and would have sweat marks in my arm pits no matter how much anti-p I put on. Well ladies, no sweaty pits for me today :huh2: Sorry if I grossed you out but I can't be the only here with a similar problem, especially amongst us Texas folks in the summer time.

Hi Gina, I had the same senstations with my 1st fill yesterday. Then another gal in the waiting room banded much longer than me said it meant I was too full so i was concerned. So I got 2 more little cups of Water and drank them while waiting to talk to the nurse again. She said it was fine and probably just air, to give it a try and call right away if it was too much and she'd unfill me some (I got 3 cc yesterday). I got home and felt that way for awhile but had Beans for dinner and they went down fine, though about half of what I was eating and today added solids and I am doing okay, but eating a whole lot less. So I guess it's working. I do seem to be burping a little more. I've read a lot on the boards about folks burping and hadn't done that before so am wondering if that comes from restriction whereas before I had very little? Good luck and hope you are doing fine now.

That makes me feel so much better! Thanks!

Ok! It is a new day! Yesterday was the pits! I got kinda upset at work and didn't feel well so I reverted to old Cathy and ate!

I didn't stop until I had completely carbed out! So finally I went to bed. I think Greythope is right, too many carbs. Plus I am sure part of it is my asthma. I haven't been talking my meds lately and I also have gone to getting my allergy shots every other week instead of weekly. :lol:

I have a new plan! I will take the meds, get the shots weekly again, and go on the low carb diet again.:eek:

Long2bthin, you are right, I have had too many slider foods (which are high carb) I got some rice cakes and some low fat wheat thins and had them in a desk drawer. :eek: I would mindlessly snack. I have cleared them all out. I know I have to get serious about this eating thing and acutally plan what I will eat. (I have never been very good at planning):lol:

I go for my 2nd fill on Friday and can't wait. I hope this one will give me more restriction. :frown: No, let me rephrase that! I know this fill will do the trick!

Hope you all have a great day!

Cathy

hi everyone! this must be the week for crabbiness for us junies! my husband got a load of crap from me sunday. and he's the sweetest man! i've apologized profusely! i can't explain it - other than i think i was anxious about my first fill on monday? don't know. thankfully i felt much better monday.

this journey will have ups and downs and we are being normal humans. what we are exceptional at, if i may say so, is bouncing back! that is the key to success here. having a bad meal or a bad day and bouncing back!

i too am very carb sensitive. have been forever. i can see the scale go up when i eat a few crackers. it's bizarre. luckily it goes back down eventually.

after a fill, it sounds like some of you aren't on a restricted diet. my surgeon requires 2 days Clear Liquids (i did the best i could on that but had 1 Protein drink and cream of wheat - i couldn't do it - i admit it. i felt fine and i was starving and needed substance in my stomach!). AND 2 days of full liquids. so 4 days of Fluid. i can't legally eat something real until friday after 3pm. i will not last. but as long as i'm very careful i think i'll be fine. lost 1.5 lbs in one day!

hang in there and remember, we are in this for the long haul!

Went to my GP today and hooray she had Cymbalta samples. Yay! Also my BP is really good! After months of being terrible even on medicine it is down. It was so nice to see her and have a positive visit. :lol:

I feel ill when I think of the Pasta lunch yesterday. I didn't even much want it (except the turkey meat balls) but the whole department was eating and the woman who made it all is insane and would have asked me 10,000 hard to answer questions about why I couldn't have Pasta.< /p>

Now she didn't force me to eat a piece of cookie cake. But you know what the worse part it? It wasn't GOOD cookie cake! Dammit if I am going to eat something fattening it better be good :frown:

But...... the bright of my new life/ resolve is even though I felt horrible this morning, irritiable and on the verge of tears because of no anti-dep. I easily ignored brains call to stop for some sort of comfort Breakfast and had my healthy one instead :eek:

Hi! I sympathize with all of you who are experiencing crabiness :blink: and hunger. I am right there with you! As Cathy said, I could eat a cow! I have been eating way too much this past week. :thumbup: I can tell my stomach is fully healed because everything is going down just fine and I'm able to eat quite a lot before feeling full. It's been a long six weeks, I finally get my first fill next Wednesday and I hope it is a good restrictive fill.

On a positive note, I continue to loose weight. 22 down 90 more to go! Plus I physically went into the office today for the first time in 2 months (been working remotely at my summer home) and one of the guys said you look different that summer must be treating me well! :wub: So apparently that 22 pounds is starting to show! :w00t:

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Good morning, Junebugs!! All is well here in filled lapband land. I can't believe what a difference my fill has made. Though today I am feeling a little more hunger. Hope I don't lose restriction that fast, though I can still hardly eat much. I have lost 4 lbs since my fill on Monday!!!!!!!!!!! I've ramped up the exercise too so that is helping as well. I got my new bike last weekend and last night hubby got a new one as well so we are going to ride in the evenings. I may still ride in the mornings some days as well. Today I went walking. Folks are noticing I'm losing weight, however, still no one that doesn't know about my surgery has noticed or if they have haven't said a thing. Now I know commenting to someone on weight is a touch issue, but I can't wait for someone out of the blue to notice. I guess when I have so much to lose it takes a while to show.

Tomorrow I am going for a ride in the mountains all day in the car and we will stop for lunch some place, but I should be able to find something to have just fine. If not, I can always rely on Soup but I try not to.

cathy, I hope your fill gave you the restriction you need today!

Hey our 'Daily News' has been awfully quiet lately, I hope we didn't lose all our June Bugs! How is everyone doing? It's been about a month since we've all been banded and some closer to 2 mos. How is life in lapband land?

I'm doing great, the losses are slowing though. I am hoping for fill number 2 on Wed. but am unsure. I also have to see my surgeon that day as I have developed gall bladder issues and am probably going to have another surgery. My lap band surgeon will do it, which I am relieved about since I like him so much and he's familar now with my band and recent history.

Things have been depressingly noneventful in my life. I have had 2 fills and still no restriction. Its sheer willpower and that's fading fast. I even broke my record of over 2 months 'sobriety' and had a diet pepsi today. and now that I know I can do that without any problems, i will probably do it again! :teeth_smile::cursing::thumbup:

On the upside, I have been able to get out and walk for the last several evenings so maybe this has helped. I think I have gained about 3 lbs this month, but its been so humid and I am retaining Water, so hopefully I can lose this when the humidity goes away. I had to take off my rings, they were so tight.:lol: Lordy, help me make it to Thursday. Next fill and I hope its bigger than 1cc so maybe I can start turning this around.

Hi! I sympathize with all of you who are experiencing crabiness :thumbup: and hunger. I am right there with you! As Cathy said, I could eat a cow! I have been eating way too much this past week. :teeth_smile: I can tell my stomach is fully healed because everything is going down just fine and I'm able to eat quite a lot before feeling full. It's been a long six weeks, I finally get my first fill next Wednesday and I hope it is a good restrictive fill.

I have my first fill tomorrow and I have high hopes (I know -- probably not realistic) that a little fill will help with this hunger. I have been way above my calorie allowance of 1200 per day. Not enough to really gain, but enough not to be losing. :lol:

We've had a number of storms here in NJ so I have not been able to do my daily outdoor walk at the park. On the positive side, I just got a Wii Fit for my birthday, and it is absolutely so much fun. So, I'm getting a little activity in for now!

Hang in there June bandsters!

Strikeuptheband - I am with you on the knowing I can do something and then doing it again. I ate toasted sourdough bread last week then hamburgers then tried a sandwich with regular soft sandwich bread thinking bread was bread and it would be no problem. I am happy to report that the soft bread was really a problem and I could not finish it. I won't be trying that again and that was before a fill. I had my first fill on Friday and my doc will only put 2cc's at a time. Had 2 from surgery so now 4cc's. I was told I am still pretty open so probably will be back in 2 weeks due to hunger and/or lack of weightloss. This is fine by me. It is still fast enough only having to wait 2 - 6 wks for next fill depending on how I feel. I still eat around 2 cups of food for a meal and have 3 meals and 2 - 3 Snacks a day. I know it sounds like a lot but is certainly less than before surgery. I will make better choices in the week to come and hopefully that will help my weightloss some as I have lost 8 pounds since surgery. Those candy bars may have had something to do with it. :teeth_smile:

Good Evening Everyone!

I have not been a good girl today!

Strikeuptheband, good to hear from you again. I understand the feelings you are having. I also have had two fills. I can definately feel the restriction, I have to completely stop eating and let the tightness pass. I usually just take a few bites and then it stops and I slow down th eeating. Then the problem: I continue to eat slowly and I know I should stop!

When I logged on to the Realize site I got a message

"Your weight loss seems to have hit a plateau, You need to adjust your eating plan, and contact your surgeon" I didn't know it would do that!

I have an appointment the second week in August. I think I will really work on the eating plan. I know I can eat less. I know I have been too lazy!

I hope all of you are doing ok. I did ride my bike yesterday for about an hour. That was fun. It has been too hot and humid to get out too much and I have Asthma! Excuses, excuses, excuses!

Ok, now positive thoughts and deeds!

THanks for listening to me vent!

Long2bthin! I am sorry you have to have GB surgery. I will keep you in my prayers!

Trishthedish: I am glad you are getting your fills started. It does get better with the fills.

Glad to have this thread active again.

Come on all you June bugs! Let us hear from you!

Hi Everyone! I love reading about your trials and tribulations - they assure me that I am not alone in mine!:thumbup:

Actually I am doing okay. I had my first fill last Wednesday and can tell hardly any difference at all - maybe just a tiny bit. I think he put in 3.5cc in a 10 cc band. Can't have another fill until September 10th! :teeth_smile:

This weekend I did fall off the wagon. I was playing in a slot tournament and they had these beautiful buffets in the room where we were playing. I ate a well-toasted bagel (both yesterday and today). That is the first bread I have had since I was banded. I just need to move on and do extra exercise this week, but it did taste wonderful.

I am starting to "enjoy" exercise - at least I don't feel as good when I miss a day. I am doing a minimum of 5 days/week and striving for 6 days. I have met a couple local bandsters on this site and we get together twice a week to exercise together - really helps it go by fast! I think the exercise is going to help me keep moving forward even when the band is not helping that much.

I hope all of you have a great week!

Cathy, I have not seen that message yet on Realize website. But then I haven't seen much point in recording my weight week after week when nothing has changed. I have gotten messages that I need to record it, so I probably will after my next official weigh in next Thursday. Sure hope the next fill will get me back on track. Glad to see you are getting on the bike. I have been walking every night but tonite it is just toooo muggy. Sure wish it would rain and get over it! Keep pedaling!

Sorry to here about your trials. I have kinda felt this way from the beginning when I put on back on 5 of the 10 lbs I lost after surgery. Fortunately after lots of walking and watching what I am eating(but not too carefully) I have taken off the 5 plus 5 more lbs. A total of 15 since surgery. I am anxious awaiting my 1st fill on Thursday. I have been so jealous of all of you. I have little restriction and I am head hungry all the time. I am hoping the fill will give me that full feeling so I won't want to eat. I have to keep reminding myself that I took years to put on the weight and it's going to take awhile to get it off. I just wish it would come off faster.

Good luck to you all. I sure enjoy reading what you have to say. We were all banded about the same time and it's reassuring for me to read others frustrations. I don't feel alone with my progress. Girls, I know we will be slim one day soon! Jules