Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My boyfriend is an avid cyclist and he laughs at my bike seat and calls it a tractor seat. I cannot stand the narrow seats, they stop inside my hip bones and cause the seat to press on my tailbone which hurts like crazy. I refuse to ride without my tractor seat. :smile: :scared2:

You all are making me want to jump right on my bike! I am going to pump up those tires tomorrow. Hopefully, they won't flatten out! LOL

I GOT A BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the same one TxDiva said she got a Schwinn Sidewinder at Walmart. DS works there and even got it for me so it would be cheaper on his discount. So while I was loving him for the moment, he came home, we got it all adjusted and DH and I rode around the block a few times, then DS gets on his (that my husband uses as he hasn't used it in years) and broke it! GRRRRR I got it so we could ride together and DH has no bike. Hopefully he can get it fixed, something to do with the gear assembly but we'll see. But oh boy did I feel like a clutz on the thing, I have some work ahead of me. I had a 10 speed years ago and hated all the gears and now this one has 21. For some reason I have always been afraid of changing gears (and that's what DS did on his and it messed up). It is supposed to be a cooler day tomorrow so I am going to give 'er a whirl. This bike was so similar to the one at costco (both Schwinns even) but about $100 cheaper am sure the Costco one was a little better quality but this is fine for me for now. If I become and expert cycler I can always get a good bike then.

Hello June bugs!

I hope all is well. I am doing fine, but I can eat way too much! I am hoping that my 2nd fill on Friday will do me some good. I can easily eat more than a cup of food! :cursing:

I am trying not to drink before and after the meals like they say, but then I have trouble getting in enough liquids! :(

Go figure!:eek:

The air is broken at the school and it is hotter than heck so that makes me not wanting to eat much. That is a good thing.

I haven't been riding the bike much either. It has been too rainy and then it gets too humid... Excuses, excuses, excuses. Seems I am slipping back into old habits....!:lol:

Help!!!! Someone motivate me! :w00t: I did fix the June bug list!

Cathy you can do this. Remember they only put a band on our stomachs not our heads. So we are still going to have to fight that head hunger and old habits. I am hopeful though as we go through this process that will get easier. I got my bike on Friday but have not ridden much. I went that night and Sat. Sunday after church it was too hot and the same excuse is today after I got home from my fill. It's 98 out and I'm not riding in that heat.

My fill went good. I got 3cc added. I am on liquids til tonight. Not sure if that's what it is or what, but I am so sleepy. I am supposed to go to a bariatric exercise class tonight, and it's gonna be tough with no food!

Cathy you can do this. Remember they only put a band on our stomachs not our heads. So we are still going to have to fight that head hunger and old habits.

I am going to get them to go back and ask them put that band around my brain too! :cursing:

Ugh the munchies are making me crazy. I will be the person who gains weight on Jello & 10 calorie popscicles!

I hate being so thirsty after meals. I just feel icky in my throat. I am delighted to feel full after a tiny turkey patty and a few oven fries but my mouth just feels gross. And I think there are very few foods not enhanced by jalapenos which is certainly interesting! I do take a couple of tiny sips I must admit.

You know I am having a lot less joint pain. Amazing, i haven't lost a lot of weight, but i wonder if it's changing habits? I mean going from a 6 pack of diet coke a day to none as well as cutting out a lot of carbs and getting enough Protein. Who knows, but I am happy :confused_smile:

Praying the sleep apnea gets cured. I was so wrecked this morning I had to get Starbucks to keep the car on the road and they messed up and I think they gave me a soy instead of a skim latte. YUCK. coffee flavored splak!

Last night my parents were over and my dad pointed out how much I wasn't eating. Which I guess would be ok but the I realised that meant he'd paid attention to how much I must have been eating before. Ah well I am sure I am not the only one here who has wonderful childhood memories about parents being mean because they're fat. I was happy how little it actually didn't bother me. Therapy must be working :smile2:

But all in all I am full of the joys of life :crying: Trousers had to be rolled over my waist to keep them up. Need to get an accurate scale as ours is weird. But in the meantime just focusing on clothes and how I feel, which is pretty good. I am still on a real high from getting through the approval and getting the surgery done with :angry:

Oh and ladies don't beat yourself up. I am going no where near my bike until it gets cooler, despite what I might have said earlier in the thread! I am only outside to walk to my car and go in the pool!

I have gotten so hungry I could eat a whole cow! :thumbup:

I had that fill on the 2nd and have a another one on Friday. Today I have had about 1200 calories, that really isn't bad, but it is only 4pm. :o I have a night class tonight and don't have any Snacks here anymore (so that is good)! :biggrin2:

Grey, I have sleep apnea also, I would love to give up that snorkle mask and not to sound like darth-vader! Maybe some day, if I don't use the CPAP I am like the walking dead the next day!

I did walk again last night, that is 3 consecutive days that I have walked and I walked 3 times last week.

Hope all is well with all of you! Later!

Edited by cathychatts
wasn't finished

Good afternoon. Only a few more days, Cathy, you'll get that fill. Are you eating 'slider' foods?

Today is day 2 since my fill yesterday and I am feeling really optimistic that this might be the spot! I'm sure as time goes on I will be hungry but right now I'm pretty good. Maybe on the verge of being a little tight but I'm not getting stuck or doing that PBing people talk about (hasn't happened to me yet luckily). I am absolutely stuffed after just a couple ounces of dense Protein.

They were concerned yesterday about my gall bladder so the surgeons office ordered an ultrasound to check it out. It is scheduled for next Tues. Luckily (?) if I need it out, my lap band surgeon will do it. I really like him and feel at ease knowing that. the notes from the surgery though didn't mention it looking bad, so we'll see. Better safe than sorry I guess. I'd rather find out via an ultrasound that it's bad, than via an attack.

Got up early this morning and rode my bike before it got too hot. I sure am out of shape!

I have gotten so hungry I could eat a whole cow! :embaressed_smile:

I had that fill on the 2nd and have a another one on Friday. Today I have had about 1200 calories, that really isn't bad, but it is only 4pm. :huh2: I have a night class tonight and don't have any Snacks here anymore (so that is good)! :biggrin2:

Grey, I have sleep apnea also, I would love to give up that snorkle mask and not to sound like darth-vader! Maybe some day, if I don't use the CPAP I am like the walking dead the next day!

I did walk again last night, that is 3 consecutive days that I have walked and I walked 3 times last week.

Hope all is well with all of you! Later!

I know what ya feel like, Cathy! after 2 fills, I still think nothing is filled! I just ate a whole Peanut Butter sandwich with 2!!! slices of bread, thinking if anything would get stuck, that would. Not a chance. Let me know if you hear of a sale on cows, maybe we could split one and put it in our freezers.:lol: Fill #3 coming up on the 31st and they say by the 3rd one, we should just about be at some restriction. I sure hope so.

I know what ya feel like, Cathy! after 2 fills, I still think nothing is filled! I just ate a whole Peanut Butter sandwich with 2!!! slices of bread, thinking if anything would get stuck, that would. Not a chance. Let me know if you hear of a sale on cows, maybe we could split one and put it in our freezers.:embaressed_smile: Fill #3 coming up on the 31st and they say by the 3rd one, we should just about be at some restriction. I sure hope so.

Ihope they are Skinny Cows!! :huh2:

I tried to set an appt for fill #2 after fill #1 yesterday but they wouldn't let me. They said it's easy to get in for future fills as they don't take a half hour explaining everything and I may or maynot need one. I hope they are right if I need it, I will want it NOW!! :lol:

I had my first fill today, and I haven't read a post that sounds like what I have experienced so I thought I would share and see if others felt like me. I got 4 cc's today in a 10 cc band, and I had to drink four ounces of Water before I left the office (by the way, the fill was painless and the site wasn't even numbed first!). I took a sip of water and immediately felt that tightness in my chest, like when something doesn't go down right. Then I started feeling like I needed to burp, and I could feel a little air coming up. Then the feeling receded but occurred every time I took a sip.....it took me a good ten minutes to drink that little bitty cup of water. The nurse didn't seem concerned by it, so I came home and made some Soup for lunch since I'm on liquids for 24 hours, and the same feelings occurred with the soup too. I know that it will ease up some and that fills can cause swelling, I'm just wondering if others felt this way after their first fills and if so, how long does it take to feel normal? Thanks!!

I have not had my first fill yet and I am definitely struggling with the hunger. I'm trying to stay at 1200 calories at day, sometimes a little less sometimes a little more. My first fill is scheduled for 7/28. I sure hope it helps! On the positive side I am down 27 lbs in 5 weeks!

I ending up dusting off my bike and pumping up the tires (although my son says I still flatten the back one out when I sit on the seat... teenagers can be so sweet :embaressed_smile: ) I took a 15 minute spin in my neighborhood. I was wobbly at first but I did pretty good! Only thing is, my legs were so shaky when I got off the bike. It felt like I just stepped off roller skates! Yikes! Let's hope each time gets easier and easier.

I had my first fill today, and I haven't read a post that sounds like what I have experienced so I thought I would share and see if others felt like me. I got 4 cc's today in a 10 cc band, and I had to drink four ounces of Water before I left the office (by the way, the fill was painless and the site wasn't even numbed first!). I took a sip of Water and immediately felt that tightness in my chest, like when something doesn't go down right. Then I started feeling like I needed to burp, and I could feel a little air coming up. Then the feeling receded but occurred every time I took a sip.....it took me a good ten minutes to drink that little bitty cup of water. The nurse didn't seem concerned by it, so I came home and made some Soup for lunch since I'm on liquids for 24 hours, and the same feelings occurred with the soup too. I know that it will ease up some and that fills can cause swelling, I'm just wondering if others felt this way after their first fills and if so, how long does it take to feel normal? Thanks!!

Hi Gina, I had the same senstations with my 1st fill yesterday. Then another gal in the waiting room banded much longer than me said it meant I was too full so i was concerned. So I got 2 more little cups of water and drank them while waiting to talk to the nurse again. She said it was fine and probably just air, to give it a try and call right away if it was too much and she'd unfill me some (I got 3 cc yesterday). I got home and felt that way for awhile but had Beans for dinner and they went down fine, though about half of what I was eating and today added solids and I am doing okay, but eating a whole lot less. So I guess it's working. I do seem to be burping a little more. I've read a lot on the boards about folks burping and hadn't done that before so am wondering if that comes from restriction whereas before I had very little? Good luck and hope you are doing fine now.

Strikeuptheband: Forget putting that cow in the freezer, I would eat it right up! I did eat way too much today.

I haven't felt well and have had really bad swelling in my feet. I did this right before surgery (you may remember) anyway, my BP is really normal ususally 117/78. Then all of the sudden it goes crazy and I swell up. I have taken 2 Fluid pills and I will call my GP tomorrow. :wink2:It may be my kidneys, I am not a salt eater... anyway, it seems when I do this I want to eat a lot. I think it is trying to offset the extreme fatigue I feel. It could also be my allergies or asthma acting up. :)

Long: So glad your fill went well, I hope your fill stays tight!:embaressed_smile:

Gina: Sounds like you got a great fill! I hope it isn't too tight! I want mine to get tight. :huh2:

I know that they put my band in with No fill. The doc said my band would be loose and it would take a few fills to begin to work. He said that my loss up to now was 17% and I would loose slow. So I will be patient (if I can). I know you all will help keep me on track!:lol:

Greythope: I we are made from the same thread! I will ride in the cool, way too hot now!

Trish: Great to ride around the block! Don't worry about the son's comments. Kids are Smarty Pants sometimes! i am sure he was just kidding with ya!

Off to bed and hope I don't eat tomorrow! At least I don't have any night classes tomorrow, seems I always want to eat on those days. Of course I go in at 7am and get finished at 7pm... 12 hour days on Monday and Tuesday! I guess that works up the appetite!

I will do better tomorrow!