Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not drinking enough water?

Hello from KC. I was banded on 5/13/2008 and had my first fill on June 12. I have lost about 15 lbs. I really don't feel restricted but I am still very careful about what I eat. I am having a hard time drinking enough Water. If I drink when I am empty I have nausea, but with the time restrictions, Not drinking half hour before eating, during eating, or one hour after, it seems to be difficult for me. :confused2: i am probable drinkng about 40 ounces a day but usually flavored. 0 cal, no caffine. I am feeling good and really have had no complaints. I am happy to have found this web site because of work schedule I can not attend the support meetings in my area. :wink_smile:

Hello fellow Kansan, I am from KC too.

I was banded on the 26th of June and I am 5 days post op and can't get enough Water. I have Diabetes Insipidus so therefore water is my best friend and I get scared I will drink too much so I have been suffering a bit of not being able to drink what I want well the amount I want. Anyway good luck! Hope we can keep in touch!

I was banded june 24th (yay 10 lbs down today) well anyways..I was banded on a Tues. and by Friday I was so dehydraqted i had to come in and get to liters of IV fliud..I was having alot of hotflashes ,dizziness to no to end and some neaseau...it wasnt fun I tell u that..Now Ive been trying to get as much Water in as I can but that is very hard for me...It always has been. But the flavor water does indeed help. :wink_smile:

I was banded 5/22. I am having the same problems as you. I am not drinking enough either. Having to wait an hour after I drink sometimes makes me not want to drink at all, or I forget. I had my first fill last week and it did nothing for me. I have no restriction either. And I have to wait 3 more weeks for another fill.

I know what you mean about not feeling restricted after your first fill but I guess it is better than not being able to swallow from too much fill. I have to wait 4 week between fill also. I think I am not as hungry maybe it is all in my mind. Let's hang in there and we will make it to goal I know it!!!!!!! kc hoping

Hello from shawnee, we are close neighbors, I had my banding done by Dr Hohen. I have had no problems, I am just a little impatient and I am trying very hard to follow all instructions. Drinking the fluids has just been the hardest. I can usually get about 40 -50 in but it is a battle. I am sure we will both be successful. thanks kc hoping

Water is what I had the hardest time adapting too. I really do not care for it and never have. However, I am a crystal light addict now lol.

I buy the big packets and mix it up in either a pitcher or a milk jug and keep it in the fridge. I start the second I wake up drinking so I have a head start. I get an 8 oz glass and keep it in the bathroom while I get ready for work. I pace myself just enough that I have myself trained that by the time I leave for work that glass needs to be gone. I then plan to have another glass down before each break/lunch at work. By the time I leave work I have had 40Oz... I make sure to take in atleast 2 more at home in the evening.

hi, i was laso banded on May 13, the Water issue has been a problem from the start with me. They didn't tell me i could have water anytime after the surgery, they (dietician) told me to drink 2 tbsp every 15 minutes for the first week. Finally when i went back to the dr for post op visit i had only lost 6.4 lbs and he ask if i had been drinking my water. So i feel like i have already messed up. I went back for my 1st fill on the 20 of june and got 2.4cc, no restriction whatsoever and had only lost 1.1 lbs. Any suggestions, I need HELP!

Hello from KC. I was banded on 5/13/2008 and had my first fill on June 12. I have lost about 15 lbs. I really don't feel restricted but I am still very careful about what I eat. I am having a hard time drinking enough Water. If I drink when I am empty I have nausea, but with the time restrictions, Not drinking half hour before eating, during eating, or one hour after, it seems to be difficult for me. :confused2: i am probable drinkng about 40 ounces a day but usually flavored. 0 cal, no caffine. I am feeling good and really have had no complaints. I am happy to have found this web site because of work schedule I can not attend the support meetings in my area. :wink_smile:

The liquids are very important so do your best. I get nauseous when I drink plain Water on an empty stomach too. I put Crystal light in my water most of the time. I use 20 ounce bottles of spring water. I use the little packets first thing in the morning and then fill the bottle from the jug of crystal light I keep in the frig. (Cheaper in the bigger packages) I try to make sure I drink four bottles per day, one in the morning, one when I take my lunchtime walk (I eat at the desk early so it has been an hour before I leave the building) one after I work out in the evening, (by 6 or so) and one between 7 and 10 at night. You have to concentrate on sip, sip, sip, if restriction is a problem. Keep trying, it gets easier.

Welcome to Bandland, You will love it here!