Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquid ideas please anyone...

I have no idea what I should be drinking can someone give me some ideas. I have been on Water and maybe 6 table spoons of broth and 2 popcicles for that last 5 days I need ideas I am feeling kind of weak. Even to to point of hungry. I have lost 11lbs since 5 days ago. YIKES!!!

I came to this sight this morning with this same question on my mind. What about V8 juice? I was banded on 6-27-08 and so far, until today, I've not felt hunger...

Congratulations. Just remember the first 6 weeks is not about losing weight but letting your band heal. You are sure to lose weight following the guidlines but don't get obsessed. It is hard to keep a variety in you diet but you can make Jello and drink it while it is warm, crystal light, apple juice, boullion, hot tea, gatorade are just a few of the things I lived on. The second stage of full liquid you can add creamed Soups my favorite was cream of chicken. Where were you banded? I was banded in Overland Park and was given a list of the things I could have. Hope this helps Good Luck.

Remember Protein first. You are not getting enough Protein and that is why you feel weak. Focus on the protein and then you should feel better. Some ideas of full liquid:

Creamy Soup

Milk (skim of course)

Cottage cheese strained

Yogurt

Protein shakes

Cream of Wheat

You need to focus on the healing process and make sure you are getting enough calories from protein or you won't heal properly. You need those amino acids especially after surgery.

Good luck!

St Vincent's Bariatric Surgery Center - Weight Loss Surgery

Here is a list of of the different diet stages and some of the food you can eat BUT PLEASE listen to your DR. first!

Mi

Thank you everyone! I was banded at Weight Loss surgical Center in Overland Park.

I forgot cream of chicken was a full liquid I might try that later this afternoon. Thanks for all the advice.

I don't do good withthe shakes I know stupid of me but is that KO protien Water a good one.

What kind of Vitamin can you suggest? chewable of course.

Congratulations. Just remember the first 6 weeks is not about losing weight but letting your band heal. You are sure to lose weight following the guidlines but don't get obsessed. It is hard to keep a variety in you diet but you can make Jello and drink it while it is warm, crystal light, apple juice, boullion, hot tea, gatorade are just a few of the things I lived on. The second stage of full liquid you can add creamed Soups my favorite was cream of chicken. Where were you banded? I was banded in Overland Park and was given a list of the things I could have. Hope this helps Good Luck.

WE HAD THE SAME DOCTOR!!! :wink_smile:

Slinderella,

If you cant take the shakes, you might want to try the Protein shots. They are fruit flavored whey Protein in little plastic bullet shaped containers. If you were to drink it straight it has the consistency of Jello before it becomes solid--if you mix them with a similar flavor of Crystal Light they are easy to drink. Walmart has them near the Atkins shakes, brand name Body Fortress (my Walmart only carries Fruit Punch), it has 26 grams of protein in one bullet. $1.97 each. Maybe buy one or two and a package of fruit punch Crystal Light and see if you can handle them.

I take Flintstone Vitamins (my hubby loves them!)and Caltrate Calcuim Plus D chewables

Edited by Jodi_620

GNC carries a product called muscle milk, it has 32 grams of Protein per 12 oz. It's surprisingly tasty. If you mix it at home. it's even better! I have a had a hard time keeping my son, husband, and grandkids out of it. As a matter of fact , I will be substituting b'fast for my muscle milk for a long time to come.

I mixed the Protein shake mix in my blender with strawberries, or blueberries, or even coffee for a nice mochaccino type shake. Much tastier than the powder right out of the carton.

I would also add a couple of spoonfuls of instant mashed potatoes to beef or chicken broth for a more satisfying Soup. There are also some tasty boxed Soups. I remember a Carribbean black bean bisque that was one of my favorites.

Don't worry too much about quantities at this point, as long as you sip slowly. Just get some nourishment in.

Slinderella,

Did they give you a sheet at WLSC? Actually it is a small book. It should have a lot of different ideas about what you should be eating (or drinking)

Clear liquids

100% fruit juice-no orange or grapefruit, NO punches or cocktail drinks

Clear broth or Bouillon-canned cartons or gases (beef, chicken, pork or vegetable)

Non-carbonated sports drinks-such as Gatorade, less than 15g of carbohydrate per serving

Regular of sugar-free popsicles-no fruit ice or bars with pulp or seeds

Regular or sugar free sorbet or ice-no pulp or seeds

Regular or sugar-free gelatin-any color, any flavor

Regular or Sugar-free drinks-Crystal light, Kool-aid, etc

coffee and tea-decaffeinated or herbal

Regular or Sugar-free instant hot apple cider

Sugar substitute-any color packet

Non-carbonated Regular or Sugar-free flavored waters(such as Propel and Fruit2O)

Protein Water such s K2O

Full Liquids

Skim or 1% milk*

regular or sugar-free hot chocolate*-made with milk

Regular or sugar-free pudding*-no pistachio

fat free, no sugar added yogurt*-smooth and creamy, no chuncks

hot cereal-cream of wheat, rice, oatmeal farina or malt-o-meal-must be blended

cream Soups or blended chicken noodle, chicken rice, turkeynoodle, vegetarian vegetavble

regualr or sugar free fudge bars

fat-free, regular or sugar-free frozen yogurt, ice cream

vegetable juice-tomato or V-8

regular or sugar-free V-8 splash

Mechanical Soft Foods

Cottage cheese*-(low-fat, small curd)

Mashed potatoes (instant or fresh, no skins)

Crackers (low-fat saltines, graham cracker, melba toast, etc)

Soups/stews*(small pieces, cooked very soft)

Soft baked fish*-canned tuna, shrimp, scallops, salmon, tilapia, etc.

Natural mint butters* (smooth and creamy peanut, almond, etc)

Low sugar/low Fiber cereal(cheerios, rice krispies,corn flakes, special K)

pureed baby foods-quick and nutritious

Frozen regular or sugar-free fruit bars

Tofu*

Modified Regular Foods

Moist baked chicken*-no skin

eggs

Milk, Protein shakes(Advantage-for diabetics- Atkins, Curves, EAS, Glycerna, Skim fast etc.)

Thinly shaved low-fat deli meats*-chicken, turkey, ham, roast beef

Soft baked fish*-canned tuna, shrimp, scallops, or imitation seafood

Toasted bread-whole wheat

Soft fruits:fresh without skins or aned in Water or natural juice, bananas, apples, peaches, pears

Soft cooked Pasta and noodles

Soft cooked vegetables: carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, green Beans, hominy beets (no onions, dried Beans, peas, corn or gas causing vegetavbles for 3 months after surgery)

Low-fat, Regular or Sugar-free yogurt with fruit*

supplements

Protein supplement*-recomend purchasing at least two kinds (flavored and/or plain powder or liquid)

Multivitamin with iron-Vivactiv Soft Multivitamin Chew, Centrum liquid, Flintstones complete, One-A-Day Childrens Coomplete etc

Calcium-Tums, Vivactiv Soft Calcium Chews Os-cal chewables, Citracal liquitabs Effervescent tabs, etc.

*Good Protein Source

This was taken from the list that I was given as I left the clinic. There are as many different opinions out there as there are doctors. The best advice I can give you is to do just what you are doing, ask questions. If someone doesn't have an answer they can usually find out. Also don't hesitate to ask you doctor. They want to see you succeed and are there to help you. Concentrate on letting the band heal up.

I hope this helps you on your journey. Good Luck and keep us posted.