Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on June 24th :( I feeling a little pain but I know these is normal, I have been WALKING and getting Happy when GAS comes out:biggrin:. I have ten days of Full liquids until I'm on soft foods. I don't think I can make it though these phase of the diet, I eating every two hours, I hate powder protien, Fokes I"M HUNGRY:drool: I can almost feel depression kicking in. I know this will past when I can begin eating normal foods, Today is just a BAD DAY. :angry:

You are going to feel so much better ..I think the gas is the worst part.. Take it one day at time..You are going to love your band ..The hungry part might be we need food to comfort us .. Hang in there !!!You did it and Congratulations .

Hi! I was banded on the 24th too! I have Clear Liquids for 1 week then all liquids - so far so good. My pain is mostly gas (especially my shoulder!) - the incisions were fine until today - I think I overdid it - I will be more careful tomorrow. As for eating - I have not really felt hungry. Just keep the goal in mind and hang in there - you are doing great and you can do this! It will be just a short time until you can start trying real food. Write if you need a buddy!

I don't know about you, but I've been supplementing my Soups with Protein. If you have a good blender or food processor you might want to try it. My husband had bbqd steak, so I took about 3 oz of it, cut it into small pieces and added it to my Tomato basil Soup and blended like hell. It was good and satisfying and went down smooth. I also did the same with the veggies he grilled. He put cubed potatoes, bell peppers, onions, garlic, olive oil and spiced in foil and cooked on the grill. I added some of that to my soups and blended. It was delicious and smooth. Also did the same with canned chicken and chicken noodle soup. That may help with your hungry feeling.

Congratulations on your banding! The gas is probably one of the worst parts - it's all that air they pumped into your stomach to do the procedure. I didn't think I would make it through that phase either. By day 9, I was so hungry, but I just kept telling myself that I only had 5 days left, 4 days left, 3 days left . . . until I was there. YOU CAN DO IT!!! It took a lot of courage to get this procedure and make the decision to make life style changes so don't doubt yourself now. My paperwork didn't mention that I could have Protein Shakes so I had not been drinking them. I went out and bought a Protein Shake on day 10 and starting having a 2 oz. serving mixed with soy milk twice a day and that helped a lot with the hunger. You are allowed skim milk also so you can mix it with juice, Water, or skim milk. Give it a try :thumbup: