Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I did it and I am dying! lol. I have NEVER ran - ever. I downloaded the first podcast and about died when he says, you should be able to run this without getting winded - you should be able to talk while you run! Are you kidding me? Am I the only person who was totally out of breath?

My hips hurt - on the outside of the leg - is that normal? I figured my calves and thighs would hurt, but the outside of my hips? Weird. And my lungs - I felt like I have Bronchitis (I had Childhood Asthma, I kept thinking, I feel an attack coming on . . . nope!)

During the run, I kept thinking, screw this, I can't do this. But I wanted to see if I could. When I finished, I thought I wouldn't do it again - you guys are crazy. Now, an hour later, I am thinking how soon Wednesday will get here.

I hope I can keep it up.

WAY TO GO MINPIN!!!! It will get better. I didn't want to hear that irritating man talk so I downloaded the second one. It just has a ding when it's time to run or walk. It is not fun to hear someone tell you that you should be able to talk when you think you are dying. I really liked the podrunner!!

Give yourself a BIG pat on the back! YOU DID IT!!!!

Great job Wendy! I totally know how you feel!!! I have never went faster than a 4.0 on the treadmill and THAT felt like running! Im pretty sore right now but like you...can't wait until wednesday to do it again. Once we become "runners" we will look back and be so happy we decided to accept this challenge!

Today I registered for the Race for the Cure 5k run. (What was I thinking?) The race is October 25th. Plenty of time to prepare, right??? I must admit, I can't tell you the last time these feet have hit the pavement in any sort of a running motion. First time for everything right? I was relieved when I found this forum. It should keep me motivated and focused. Any helpful hints? I'm all ears!!!! I look forward to keeping up with each you and offering my encouragement. Now lets kick some major butt!!!! :)

Right after I started the couch to 5k the last time I signed up to run a 5k (Coman Race For a Cure As well). The 5k was only 6 weeks from the day I started the couch to 5k. I tried to double up on this plan and it just didn't work for me. Remember you can run/walk the 5k. You will be so proud of yourself wihen you cross the finish line. I know I was. It took me 37 minutes, but I couldn't have been prouder!!

You will do great!!

hey ya'll - just wanted to wish those starting this program all the best!!!

i had a LOVE/HATE relationship w/the podcast man - this was, along with the band the best motivator ever!

cheers!

Okay, I'm a day late, but I am joining in. I hope I can talk my hubby into it also!

I am late posting this cause of my crazy schedule. I don't get off work until 11:30 and then a 45 min drive home. Blah!

I managed day 1 with pretty much ease. I really still have no idea what I should have the speed set to so I am sure I went too slow. I did the walk at 3.3 and the jog at 4.5. I think I will bump that up for day 2.

Even at the slow speed I was still quite proud that I did it. For the first time in my adult life I actually enjoy exercise! I wanted to stay at the gym and do more, but my kiddo's were not cooperating in the child watch.

I have a 15 year old (she is doing the running program with me!) a 2 year old and a 1 year old. ALL girls! Aren't I lucky?!?!? hahah My 1 year old cried the entire time I was on the treadmill so I had to leave as soon as I was done.

Your 1 year old sounds like my 19 month old. In the kids room at the gym, he just stands there and cries like someone is killing him. Sooo pitiful. A few months ago we got a treadmill for home so that I can run here. I still try to go to the gym a couple of days a week, but our gym only has childcare 3 evenings a week, so it is kinda hard to make it work consistantly.

Mamato, way to go on your first day!! I don't think your times are too slow. I walk at 3.5 and run at 5, and i have been exercising regularly for some time. I thought about bumping it up a little, but as we increase the time that we are running we may not need to bump it up at all.

Your 1 year old sounds like my 19 month old. In the kids room at the gym, he just stands there and cries like someone is killing him. Sooo pitiful. A few months ago we got a treadmill for home so that I can run here. I still try to go to the gym a couple of days a week, but our gym only has childcare 3 evenings a week, so it is kinda hard to make it work consistantly.

Mamato, way to go on your first day!! I don't think your times are too slow. I walk at 3.5 and run at 5, and i have been exercising regularly for some time. I thought about bumping it up a little, but as we increase the time that we are running we may not need to bump it up at all.

I wish we could afford to get a treadmill for home. I would become an addict! haha I don't know what is up with my 1 year old because a few months ago she didn't mind the child watch at all. She must be at the age of separation anxiety or something.

I am going to up my times to 3.5 and at least 5 for day two. I know this is going to get harder as the times increase, but I at least want it to be a challenge right now. 3.3 and 4.5 were fairly easy for me.

Have I said how awesome this is to be doing this with other people??

I think I am going to leave my walking speed the same and maybe bump up the running. I am also going to run 5 days a week instead of 3. I am ready to burn some fat!!

Ladies....Your speeds are FINE! Seriously!!!! DOnt worry about going faster right now. Its all about building up the muscles in your legs and around your knees. Im begging you not to speed it up. As the weeks go by it WILL get more challanging. Right now you are running for time not speed. Dont burn yourself out or even get an injury! You are doing exactly what you need to be doing.

The hardest thing on the program is not rushing ahead. Keep it slow and steady right now. Let you body get used to it.

I really dont mean to sound mean i just want you to hang in there. Your all doing great so far. And REST you gotta use the rest days. YOu can swim or bike or weight lift or something on your rest days but dont run everyday.

Keep It up!!! YOUR DOING FANTASTIC!

Just a quick post because I have 25 minutes to shower and get out the door to an 8:30 workshop!

Anyhoo...I did it and I didn't die! The first two jog intervals were pretty difficult and I was ready to quit. But just when I thought I could go no further, I heard the blessed ding to change back to walking. I definitely love the podrunner mixes.

Once I got a rhythm to my jog and my breathing, the task became much easier! My jog was more of a trot, but it was enough to make my legs burn. I may do week 1 for 2 weeks. We'll see! I encourage anyone who thinks they need to wait a while to try it out. I feel awesome!

Thanks y'all!:lol:

Uh-oh, I've got 19 minutes now! Oh well! This is much more important and exciting! Until Thursday morning!!