Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I finished week 1 yesterday, I noticed on my 3rd run that when I got to the place that I ended the first 2 times I still had a minute left so its not gotten easier but I got faster, plus after 1 week of that, when I rode my bike to work this morning it took 5 min less time than usual. :)

Hey Guys,

Glad to see some of the old timers are still on here. Kathy, contrats on the size 12!! Georgia, how's it going? Are you still fighting with your fills? Carol, good for you for satying with it!

I think I'm going to try and start the program again. I know it will cause my right foot to get worse, but how long can I wait and not work out? As luck would have it, running seems to be the only thing I can consistently make myself do and that I enjoy. I'm thinking of bringing the treadmill back in the house this weekend.

Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

Good for you! :-) It's such a good feeling, and you had a great race time, too!

:biggrin:

Georgia, how's it going? Are you still fighting with your fills?

Hey Suzanne. I am having a heck of a time trying to get my band replaced. My doctor's office is making me really mad. My insurance has approved to fix it, but they are telling me I need to pay $3,000.00 to the hospital. First, I just don't have the money. Secondly, I don't think I should have to pay any more money to have this fixed. It's not my fault that my band is leaking. The office manager at my doctor's office said she was going to try and figure something out, but I'm not holding my breath!

I've gained about half of the weight back that I originally lost (30 lbs from the steroids and 20 from being able to eat anything). I started my diet back a few of weeks ago and I've lost about 7 lbs. I forgot how hard it is to lose weight on my own!

I am thinking of starting over the c25k again. I may try and start it tonight or tomorrow...

I haven't had to catch up on all the post yet, but I hope everyone is doing okay. I've missed talking to my c25k buddies!!

Well, I decided not to wait until tomorrow. I just finished W1D1 and I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The last interval was a little rough, but not too bad. Although I dread starting all over from the beginning, I'm glad I did! I feel great!!

Georgia, so sorry to hear about the insurance troubles. I agree with you, it should be covered as a complication not elective. WTH?

Good for you for losing the 7lb and also for starting C25K. I didn't start yet. As soon as I decided to start, my ankle decided to start hurting. I feel like I'm a 100 years old lately. Seems like if it's not one thing its another. I'm going to give the ankle a week or so and take another stab at it. I broke that ankle when I was young and I'm hoping it's just a little arthritis bothering me because of the weather.

Keep in touch and I hope you can get something worked out.

Georgia, so sorry to hear about the insurance troubles. I agree with you, it should be covered as a complication not elective. WTH?

Good for you for losing the 7lb and also for starting C25K. I didn't start yet. As soon as I decided to start, my ankle decided to start hurting. I feel like I'm a 100 years old lately. Seems like if it's not one thing its another. I'm going to give the ankle a week or so and take another stab at it. I broke that ankle when I was young and I'm hoping it's just a little arthritis bothering me because of the weather.

Keep in touch and I hope you can get something worked out.

The thing is, insurance is covering it's part. But the hospital is charging me for what the insurance doesn't cover. Personally, I think my doctor's office should cover the difference if the hospital can't work it out. What a mess! They called me yesterday and said that the hospital needs more documentation that there is actually a leak....WTH? They've been documenting it for over a year and a half! They say that they need to see more documentation with shorter time periods in between (like every week or two)! Crazy! I have an appointment to have my fluids measured and get a fill next week....guess I'll be having to go to A LOT of appointments for a while....GEEZ!

Sorry you are having so much ankle troubles, Suzanne. I hope it gets better soon so you can start running again. Keep us posted!!

Georgia Girl, I agree the doctor's office should cover the difference. Can you go to a different in-network hospital in a different city?

Podcasts:

These free, varied-BPM workout music mixes for runners, joggers, and power walkers at all levels are designed to build endurance and improve overall conditioning.

Go Nicole Yourself!: Couch to 5k Podcast Page - Pop/Hip-hop

Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music from dj steve boyett - Trance/Drum & Base

Edited by vikki99

Georgia Girl, I agree the doctor's office should cover the difference. Can you go to a different in-network hospital in a different city?

I'm not sure. I know my surgeon only practices at that one hospital...

I did W1D3 today and it was rough. I had to do it outside at 1:00 pm, when the sun was beating down. It was soooo hot!!! I actually started seeing floaters when I came inside. Normally I do it much earlier or much later in the day, but I had a lot going on today. I think I will stay on week 1 for another week before moving on.

I finished W4D1 today, I was nervous but it went fine. I used Map my run to map a 5K in my neighborhood. So starting Tuesday I am going to use that route and see how long it actually takes me to go the distance.

WTG Leigha! Great job!

I've been lazy. My hubby has been on vacation since the Monday before Memorial Day. I have been on "vacation" too, I guess. He went back to work today, so I guess vacation is over. I got up this morning and did C25K. I've decided to stay on week 1 for another week, since I missed last week.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

I did W5D2 yesterday, I am very concerned about the 20 min. run on Friday. If I cant do it, I guess I will repeat W5. Boy, I hate when I have to admit I cant do something, so I am going to really try. :confused:

ETA: It takes me 44 min. of running (jogging) and walking to go 5K, hoping to be under 40 with the 20 min "run"!

I did W5D2 yesterday, I am very concerned about the 20 min. run on Friday. If I cant do it, I guess I will repeat W5. Boy, I hate when I have to admit I cant do something, so I am going to really try. :biggrin:

Leigha, don't worry if you have to repeat. Most people that I know have had to repeat a week at some point. The first time I did the program, I didn't make it through the first 20 minute run. I decided to run as long as I could (12 minutes the first time) and then I added a minute or two each time until I worked my up to the full 5k. I know a couple of people that have done it that way. Something to think about...

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well!

I started week 2 today and it went really well. It wasn't near as bad I thought it would be. I got a MUCH needed fill today. I was only missing .75cc this time. This is soooo weird. Sometimes it's only a little missing and sometimes it's a lot. I am now going every 2 weeks for measurements and adjustments...until the hospital gets the "documentation" it needs. Who knows?

How is everyone else doing?

GA, do you have to pay each time you get a fill? I sure hope not. Glad you are doing well on C25K. I'm in a holding pattern...again. Might have to have my gallbladder out. Waiting for a call from the doc to schedule a HIDA scan. :-

Leigh, How did the run go on Friday? I'm sure you did great. I LOVED C25K when I did it before. Then I was sidelined by back to back foot surgeries. The feet are still keeping me down as well as an ankle that has decided to hurt, but I'm hoping when things settle down, to give the running a try again.