Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

See my white light scan

post-54883-13813666632021_thumb.png

I don't know if this will work, but I am trying to attach a picture of the white light body scan I had today. My surgery is July 24, and I will be having another scan 3 months later. It was really cool!

post-239297-13813137238904_thumb.jpg

That is the coolest thing I'd ever seen!! Were did you get it done and did insurance cover it (my guess is no). I would have liked to do that, I didn't take measurments and will be sorry one day that I didn't......

Awesome! Good luck!

This was done at the doctor's office (Richmond Surgical Group), and there was no additional charge. I got a call earlier this week saying that the office is now requiring all new patients to have the scans done, and they wanted me to come Friday if possible. Apparently it is a new machine. I am a self-pay, but it is now just part of the lap-band surgery at my doctor's office. I was told I will have them every 3 months, but also could request one at any other time.

That is really neat. Somebody else was just telling me about the white light scan (she is going to Dr. Brengman too), but I really couldn't visualize it. Thanks for posting yours. She also said that you get your measurements, so you can keep track of just how much you've loss.

*I just realized that the teeny tiny print is a list of total measurements. This is going to be such a beneficial tool.

Edited by kiz

That is incredible. IT sure does beat having to use a tape measure.

That's freakin' awesome. I want one lol

That's really cool! What a neat reference to have for later. :)

It will certainly be motivating! I should put it on my refrigerator - if looking at myself like that doesn't keep me from eating ice cream, then nothing will!

I participated in a Lipitor study at Virginia Tech and they did something called a Dexa scan--it's like your scan but they also scan your bones, and then superimpose the white light one with your skeletal one. I looked like a bag of fat with bones in it! Maybe after I've lost my weight I can get them to do another one for comparison!

nyllrap, are you going to Dr. Brengman or Dr. Schroeder at St. Mary's. I also had the scan and am scheduled for a lap band with Dr. Brengman on July 17. Getting nervous - but after seeing the scan I know how big I really am and that this is the right decision for me. Nancy B.

Hi Nancy, Dr. Brengman is my doctor also. I know exactly what you mean - I do not "feel" as big as I look on the scan but who can argue with the image? Good luck on your surgery. It is coming up soon! BTW, your band date is my birthday. I imagine I will be on the liver shrinking diet then.

That is so cool! I wish my surgeon did this. What a great way to document every detail of your progress.

Orea