Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not adjusting well

I was banded on March 20. I had no problems at ALL with my first fill which was a month after surgery...he "supposedly" at put in 5 ccs in a 10cc band...no problems at all! Then, when I went back for my second fill, he but in one cc. However, I was sliming before I got in my car in the parking lot. Then, went back to him (an hour later) and he took out 2 ccs and put one back in--this brought me back to 5--what I was supposedly at prior to this day. Then, I got home and 2 hours later started sliming...did that every 15-30 minutes for 24 hours. I could not even suck on an ice cube or Popsicle. I went back in and he took me down to like 2-2.5 ccs. I ate like a pig for 2 weeks. Finally, today, he put in another 2ccs--so I'm like at 4 now. I am STARVING!!!! I am trying to stick to liquids, but my stomach won't quit growling...I am just so hungry! It's not headhunger! It's truly that I'm HUNGRY! I finally had to try some sugarfree pudding...I'm having to take it REALLY slow...I've been working on a little cup for like 2 hours and I'm only about 10 bites into it, but still HUNGRY and tummy is still growling! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! I am totally frustrated! Just had to vent!!!!:thumbs_up:

Sorry you are not doing well Nikki...but I am glad you posted today...I have no advice from expierence but...I do owe you some...my doc makes you do 3 days of liquids after a fill..I think day 1 is clear only....The swelling may be what is causing your hunger...I mean...your stomache is mad at you so it is growling too???

Take it easy on the food and keep hydrated...

On the other end of that spectrum. I was banded May 20, and had my 1st fill on June 23, just a few days ago, I was doing better with wt loss prior to the fill. I can eat as much as I could, have had no sign of restriction. I have a realize band with a 9 cc capacity, and he put 5.5 cc's in. I have GAINED 2 lbs since Monday, although I am not eating more. I think at this point I would welcome some kind of sign, even sliming. I have another appt on July 14, should I wait til then or call now. I am so very depressed.

Edited by anavrin
wrong wording

IMHO, the best "cure" for hunger is more Protein. If you're on Clear Liquids, Isopure or Profect are good.

Everyone's body reacts differently to fills ... some folks have delayed responses and feel tighter over time. Some folks have very sensitive tummies and swell a lot with even the slightest band adjustment.

If you're still uncertain, post more questions here or call your doctor's office.

IMHO, the best "cure" for hunger is more Protein. If you're on clear liquids, Isopure or Profect are good.

Everyone's body reacts differently to fills ... some folks have delayed responses and feel tighter over time. Some folks have very sensitive tummies and swell a lot with even the slightest band adjustment.

If you're still uncertain, post more questions here or call your doctor's office.

I agree a good Protein Shake or pudding would help the hunger...maybe some cottage cheese.

To those who are gaining and feel down...DONT. I am a slow loser and you have remember each individual is different. You never know where those 2lbs came from...maybe Water weight from too much sodium. If you feel you have to weigh your self try to do it at the same time and the same day in weekly or monthly intervals. I know this is about weight loss, but it is also about health. Don't drive yourself crazy over influxes in weight.

I agree a good Protein Shake or pudding would help the hunger...maybe some cottage cheese.

To those who are gaining and feel down...DONT. I am a slow loser and you have remember each individual is different. You never know where those 2lbs came from...maybe Water weight from too much sodium. If you feel you have to weigh your self try to do it at the same time and the same day in weekly or monthly intervals. I know this is about weight loss, but it is also about health. Don't drive yourself crazy over influxes in weight.

hello fightergirl, was just wondering what caused you to need a revision? was it your port?

First off, make sure you are eating enough solid Protein. That will keep you fullest the longest. Second, you can get a fill of 4.5 or 4.7. I had to go up just .03 so I wouldn't vomit. It can be done with percision.

WOW...thank you all so much...I know...protein, Protein, protein and patience, patience, patience. I'm tryin! I'm doing a little better today...still feel a lot of restriction, but not as uncomfortable as before.

Hopefully you are feeling better today. I am sorry to hear about the fill problems. Remember my favorite is 1% chocolate milk and 17 grams of Protein.< /strong>

Nikki - have you tried loosening up your band a bit with warm broth or tea before eating more solid foods? could be that the cold foods (pudding, popsicles, etc) are constricting your band. I know that happens with me...I can FEEL it!

Can someone please tell me what "slimming" is?

These were posted on a thread the other day and I figured it was the best way to explain it.

"Sliming is when you eat something, maybe too fast or not chewed well enough and it sort of gets stuck. You have discomfort and pressure in your pouch area and you might cough or hiccup producing a thick, sputum. This is sliming. Sometimes it's a large amount of slime, too. It's quite strange."

"Sliming happens when you get something "stuck". As a natural defense, your body goes into overdrive producing large amounts of saliva (to help wash the obstruction down)."

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/slimming-67451/

Hope it helps :thumbup:

Nikki - have you tried loosening up your band a bit with warm broth or tea before eating more solid foods? could be that the cold foods (pudding, popsicles, etc) are constricting your band. I know that happens with me...I can FEEL it!

Terri--thanks for the great idea! That makes sense to me...I'll certainly try it! See...it's times like these that I realize how much value there is in this forum! Thanks again!:thumbup:

I'm glad people gave you some good advice Nikki.....

I am gaining this week! UGH....ever since I went on that antibiotic....