Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

had my second fill yesterday. I asked what size my band is and I too am a 10cc band. He said that I am now up to 5cc's in there. Hopefully this restriction will last longer! I've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks, and I'm ok with that. Not thrilled but it's been a rough 2 weeks and I've not been eating and working out like I should. So back to workouts today and back to eating right! Hopefully by the next time I go in I'll have lost more!

I had my first fill day...wish it had gone as easy as everyone elses. I was so nervous in the waiting room (more so than the day I had the surgery...doesn't make sense). I got back in the room, she stuck me (hurt a little, not too bad though) and then I almost passed out. Got all tingly, room spinning. I really think it was the whole contraption, but it wasn't good. They were so sweet, sat me down, told me it's happened before (I was pretty embarassed), got me a wet rag and then we finished. I drank some apple juice and then felt great. I'm hoping fill 2 will be better. They were really happy with my weight loss. It's lagged a little in the last week, so I'm hoping this will be a good jump start :biggrin:

had my second fill yesterday. I asked what size my band is and I too am a 10cc band. He said that I am now up to 5cc's in there. Hopefully this restriction will last longer! I've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks, and I'm ok with that. Not thrilled but it's been a rough 2 weeks and I've not been eating and working out like I should. So back to workouts today and back to eating right! Hopefully by the next time I go in I'll have lost more!

Navywife: 4 pounds in 2 weeks is great! Don't forget the expectation is 1-2 pounds a week.

I had my first fill 10 days ago and absolutely no restricition. :biggrin: Friday's are my weign in day, I won't be surprised if I gained or stayed the same. I get my second fill August 13th, hopefully that one will restrict.

I got my 1st fill today - 6 weeks post-up. I got 4 ccs in a 9 cc band. I really hope I have restriction now. My Portion Control has been non-existent for the past four weeks! 48 hrs liquids, then a couple of days soft solids, then regular food.< /p>

-Marianne

Ok, I was banded on June 23rd. I had my 6 week post op visit Monday. Unlike the rest of you my doc only gave me 1 cc in my 10cc band. I was a little disappointed, and he said that he wants to take the fills slow to prevent a slippage. I have to do 2 days liquid 2 days mushies then solids. I was so upset but as I moved up to mushies I noticed that I feel fuller now with a smaller amount. I feel the restriction even though it's not much and I am still losing. I felt like I had a little restriction before the fill and now I notice even more so maybe slow is the way to go. I don't want to be too filled where I can't comfortably eat a small meal.

iteachurkid, I feel bad for you and your experience with the fill. Hopefully next time will be easier.

I too had my first fill today. I didn't know that the had put in 2cc. with my surgery. Today they put in an additional 2cc for a total of 4cc. It was very easy and quite painless until the very end. Painful part: He told me clear liquids for 10 days, followed by another 10 days of regular liquids, followed by 10 days of mushies , then soft foods and then finally regular food. Come back in 3 months for my next fill. Boo hoo! The only good thing about this is I lost major pounds in liquid pre-op diet so hopefully I should drop so more weight. We leave to go on vacation tomorrow--I'll be drinkin' at the beach!

iteachurkid, I feel bad for you and your experience with the fill. Hopefully next time will be easier.

I too had my first fill today. I didn't know that the had put in 2cc. with my surgery. Today they put in an additional 2cc for a total of 4cc. It was very easy and quite painless until the very end. Painful part: He told me clear liquids for 10 days, followed by another 10 days of regular liquids, followed by 10 days of mushies , then soft foods and then finally regular food. Come back in 3 months for my next fill. Boo hoo! The only good thing about this is I lost major pounds in liquid pre-op diet so hopefully I should drop so more weight. We leave to go on vacation tomorrow--I'll be drinkin' at the beach!

Wow Jules! You really have a conservative doc! I would starve to death if I went to him! lol Today I went in for my 3rd fill, got another 1cc. The first 2 went well, they got it first time and it was done in a second. Not this time! She poked me about20 times! Actually only one stick but she poked around the whole perimiter of the port before she found where the needle goes in. I was sure glad she numbed it first. Nothing hurt but it was unnerving to hear that click every time she hit the plastic part and I was sure hoping she didnt poke a hole in anything vital!

She just said eat soft today and regular tomorrow and come back in 3 weeks if I felt I needed another fill. Now I am up to 5cc so I am hoping for some restriction soon. For lunch I went out with a friend, we got a chicken salad sandwich and fries basket at Culvers and I only ate half the sandwich and less than half of the fries! That looked like a lot of food, but I seldom eat out so was getting used to banster sized portions eating at home.

I only lost 2 lbs in the last month, and I have been getting out walking every night after work. Gonna bump that up and with this fill, I sure hope I start feeling restriction. Have a great time on your vacation!

I had my first fill yesterday. I think he did 4ccs but I am not sure. It went super smoothly and I was done in 1 minute total for the stick and fill part. The restriction feels right, but only time will tell. We shall see!!

Strikeupthe band: 20 twenty pokes how unnerving! I didn't figure the fill to be too bad as I had aminos with both my kids and that was pretty much a piece of cake. But 20 pokes..I bet your poor tummy skin is sore. I bet you were about to say forget it --what stress! Hope this fill works good for you. :biggrin: Jules

Strikeupthe band: 20 twenty pokes how unnerving! I didn't figure the fill to be too bad as I had aminos with both my kids and that was pretty much a piece of cake. But 20 pokes..I bet your poor tummy skin is sore. I bet you were about to say forget it --what stress! Hope this fill works good for you. :biggrin: Jules

Jules, I only have one little red mark from the needle, but inside she was sure poking around. Maybe I exaggerated about the number, but it did take a while. I was more afraid she would give up and send me on my way without a fill. But she found it and I woke up 2 lbs lighter this morning! Its been a slow month but I hope I start losing a bit faster now.:biggrin:

After my 2 to 4 back to three fill fun Thursday I have no idea if I have any restriction since i haven't had anything of substance since lunch on Thursday.

I had a slimfast, oatmeal for lunch, cottage cheese snack, and Soup for dinner. I did feel full after the soup I think. I guess we'll see when I eat some real food.< /p>

Anyone else's stomachs act weird after their fill? I have had some 'poopy tummy' issues since Friday morning.

I also have an ugly bruise from the poking around for the fill. PRETTY!

After my 2 to 4 back to three fill fun Thursday I have no idea if I have any restriction since i haven't had anything of substance since lunch on Thursday.

I had a slimfast, oatmeal for lunch, cottage cheese snack, and Soup for dinner. I did feel full after the soup I think. I guess we'll see when I eat some real food.< /p>

Anyone else's stomachs act weird after their fill? I have had some 'poopy tummy' issues since Friday morning.

I also have an ugly bruise from the poking around for the fill. PRETTY!

Just had some loose stools after the last fill but I think it was more due to eating a chicken salad sandwich for lunch afterwards. It was on a slice of grilled toast which was probably too much grease for me. Made it home without mishap but I did stop and make a run for the bathroom at a gas station!:wink2: Yea, too much info!

hi! my dr. requires 2 days of clear liquids and then 2 days of full liquids after EVERY fill - before returning to solid foods. it's a pain really. the PA says it's in case the fill irritates the stomach. i have a fill monday and am not looking forward to liquids all week. the good side is the pounds do come off faster on liquids..!

My second fill went much better than my first. I have about 4.86 cc in a 10 cc band. I did a full day yesterday of clear liquids, full day today of "full" liquids, and back to regular food tomorrow, but taking it slow.

They said this fill should last much longer and feel really good. Did anyone stop at just 2 fills? I haven't lost any weight in the last 2 weeks. I'm so ready for this thing to take off. When do the hunger pains go away?

These liquid days get me feeling really weak during the day.